The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    I dunno man. I mean there’s some stuff even they can’t ignore and had to dolefully report, but Kuenssberg when May visits the Evil Empire in Brussels, Her reports are definitely emphasizing the supposed duplicity and cunning of The Enemy, never any forensics into why we are still demanding a simultaneous trade negotiation having signed up to leaving that till post- divorce talks way back in June (I guess things were different back in that hazy summer of ‘17).

That farming piece, fucking unbelievable. The godawful Sarah Smith was at it as well a few months back, why Brexit will give Scotland shiny new markets. In India. For whisky. Partly they seem craven and scared of the axe, so are voluntarily acting like a full-on State Broadcaster, partly it might be people like Gibb, Sarah Sands, piss smelling old cunt presenters like Neil Humphreys and Dimblefuck. Partly as well a head in the sand oh well things won’t get that bad??!!? attitude. Which is the only explanation I can see in the likes of Kevin fucking Hague glibly thinking the size of the UK internal “single market” trumps all talk of Indy. What happens when the UK is a stagflated mess with fuck all to sell to each other and no cash for imports? Him and Tom Holland can fuck right off.
    Hague's point is that if you're criticizing the UK for chucking up unnecessary barriers with the EU, then it stands to reason that there'll be barriers between iScotland in the EU and rUK. But it could be fun if we have to sign up to an "asymmetric" trade deal with the EU so Scotland vaults over to the other side and takes advantage.

Comment

What chance the Euro for iScotland? Would solve a few issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
        Hague's point is that if you're criticizing the UK for chucking up unnecessary barriers with the EU, then it stands to reason that there'll be barriers between iScotland in the EU and rUK. But it could be fun if we have to sign up to an "asymmetric" trade deal with the EU so Scotland vaults over to the other side and takes advantage.
        But never once has he addressed what shit or even uncertain to the last minute but only mildly bucket of sick Brexit will do to his lovely figures.

Comment

A dying pound will certainly lose the attractiveness of the damn stupid Panama option. I’d say an I-pound, pegged to the Euro as at least a starting point to Euroing it up.

Comment

Yeah he's not very imaginative. If we get more OBR projections in the Autumn Statement he'll probably feed them in.

Comment

Hmm. He’s no longer just a concerned observer with no axe to grind, he’s head of a think tank that seems to be positioning as a pan UK Better Together. Him and Tom Holland will probably genuflect before the statue of that bastard Carson when they try and give Belfast the benefit of their superior Sensible Knowledge. Apart from being an idiot even going near the North (but he has a Catholic prof writing for him! She’s a real live Nordie Catholic! And also a Professor! (See Holland’s erstwhile pals Prof Jill Stephenson and Mad Prof Tom Gallagher whose frothy anti Islamic pro Brexit anti Nattery pretty much sunk Scotland In Union before it started- I’d say a lot of donors have switched cheque books to These Islands) and talking about the Positive Union, as a Dirty Brit especially, being fucking Madness, it reeks off smugness and a BritNattery they are blind to. All this shared history bollocks, the examples they give of why we should be Proud are so fucking fuzzy, and could be applied with equal relevance to the Free South.

If the projections don’t suit the agenda, after a while I can see him doing a reverse ferret on Gers, OBR reports, whatever fucks up his spreadsheet. Going Full Wings for the Butcher’s Apron.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-11-2017, 20:48.

Comment

I think he's probably got a bit of cushion for a while, with the size of trade and deficit with rUK. But this think tank stuff is a very bad sign, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                  I happened to watch the BBC news last night, where they were breathlessly reporting that dairy farmers are really excited about selling all their milk to Dubai and China. That'll be China, where everyone's lactose intolerant. Another great thing, apparently, is that the Chinese prefer to make deals with single countries, rather than large blocs. I wonder why that is.

Is the BBC always like that these days?
                  Xi studied Dairy science in college, and spent most of a day travelling around here looking at cattle. and we sell them a fuck mountain of dairy produce, particularly in the form of infant formula. because we have a premium brand, and a reputation for not putting formaldyhyde and building materials in infant formula. They're not all lactose intolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Xi studied Dairy science in college, and spent most of a day travelling around here looking at cattle. and we sell them a fuck mountain of dairy produce, particularly in the form of infant formula. because we have a premium brand, and a reputation for not putting formaldyhyde and building materials in infant formula. They're not all lactose intolerant.
                    And lots of what you sell comes from Northern Ireland. depending on the time of year. Fascinating article.

Comment

Reading David Allen Green response to the Gvts manoeuvrings round non-disclosure.

Brexit Paper #38 is "Museums, Art Galleries and Libraries". This is being withheld in order not to "undermine" negotiations.

Comment

A truly bizarre turn of events....

Comment

"Bercow says that Commons could find the Government in contempt of the House if It ignores the motion now passed unanimously" "asked by Sarah Wollaston, Bercow suggests he'd expect that Government should act on this motion within a few days"

think this is the end. They can't piss about any longer. May is very close to implosion. People who know what's in the documents know how serious it is. So does the City. Hammond has no money. And the next meeting with Barnier is more or less the last at which anything substantial can happen .

Comment

It's a bit early for the government to fold, as far as most of its supporters are concerned. They'll certainly want to spin out the redaction. I wonder if a couple of Crossbench peers might be put in charge of it or something.

Comment

Even the Daily Express is beginning to backtrack

Comment

Interesting, well for me, to note how Brexit is also a concern in Switzerland. There are currently talks between the EU and Switz, Juncker is due in the country this month, on progressing on a consolidated agreement to replace the bilateral packages (I&II) and the still influential ex-foreign minister Calmy-Rey considers a break would be strategically advantageous to the country. There is a concern that the EU can not be seen to be more accomodating with Switzerland, which is quite possible as relations are quite cordial at the moment (Swiss negotiators are really good at their job) and it would also suit the EU, allowing them to concentrate on Brexit (and indeed all the other issues concerning the union). Those Brexiters using Switzerland as a model really fail to understand how far reaching the relationship between the EU and Switzerland is, considering it grew out of the EEA referendum rejection. They should be sent on a compulsory visit of Basel and the "Regio Basilensis" where the border, for people, between CH, FR and DE is now non-existent, publics transport fully integrated across the three countries and economically in very good shape...

Comment

Interest rates rise and pound falls anyway. Must be Mark Carney's long face.

Comment

Well done, Carlisle (60% Leave). The Man heard your message, loud and clear.

Comment

Not in my name.

Comment

Anyone who's read H2G2 will remember the part where Zaphod slaps both his foreheads and his knee at the same time.

That.

Comment

Question Time Audience Selection Pt 641.

Comment

Fuck sake guess he lives round Kilmarnock now. That they pass off the QT shit pile as a Scottish production, classic bit of production accounting sleight of hand. Back in the days of Pre-Devolutionary Oppresssion, you had a far more robust Scottish media than now.

Back when I were a lad we had Open to Question on bbc before Question Time, as Sportscene once nudged out MOTD. If milquetoast lefty Unintentional Partridge Gerry Hassan is to be believed, representative as well as administrative devolution meant BBC and Stv dumped their Scottish as fuck political discussion shows post Holyrood settlement, lest Nat propaganda got on screen. Which has had almost a deleterious effect on the quality of Scottish political debate as the collapse of print media. Thank fuck for The Ferret online (and gtf with Commonspace’s idiot blaming of the EU for not supporting a Molt Mal Catalan UDI).
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 04-11-2017, 01:51.

Comment

lol

Comment

So what's so amusing, Luke? that the pounds lost 20 per cent of its value? That having scraped a majority in the referendum the Brexiteers haven't the fainitest idea of what to do? that fruit is rotting in the fields? That racist attacks on EU Citizens are increasing? do share the joke.

Comment

From Vanity Fair on the questions about Arron banks' money, the funding of the Brexit Campaign and the role of bots etc...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X