Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn’t give a fuck.

Comment

He’s “softening” things for non-tariff barriers to trade for the Nordies. I guess the all-Island border is a non runner with eyebrows and co, let alone before negotiations with the Dirty 26.

Comment

We're OK, the cavalry have arrived.

Comment

I particularly like the way he's honest enough to use the approx net figure for money we pay the EU, but then follows it up immediately with bollocks about unaudited accounts.

Comment

Apologies for the small pic, but it's a goodie.

It apparently shows Michael Howard in a room with 511 cardboard cutouts to represent the "faceless bureaucrats" being added by Gordo to the payroll every week in 2004.

Not that ever want to hear another word from Howard, but I wonder what he makes of all the extra civil servants that need to be hired for Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              He’s “softening” things for non-tariff barriers to trade for the Nordies. I guess the all-Island border is a non runner with eyebrows and co, let alone before negotiations with the Dirty 26.
              Given today's collapse in talks, that old saw about Maze prisoners physically digging the North loose from the rest of Ireland looks like an excellent idea.

Comment

Government are now not going to oppose the Labour motion calling for the Brexit Impact Papers to be released. But that doesn't mean, of course, that they'll actually publish them.

Farcical new trend this innit – not even voting in support of your own policies in your country's legislature. When you're the actual government.

Comment

The sensible thing would be to release the papers and say "There you go, EEA option honours the referendum result and blah blah we think we can do better than the predicted modest losses, time for people to get behind us!"

Conceding opposition day votes isn't going to be tenable either, because it looks lazy as much as anything. If they lose them, just note the result and come back with a couple of improvements for talking points.

Obviously, it's better if they actually fix stuff, but you know what I mean.

Comment

I need to be off this fucking island, and fast.

Comment

I'd have thought these assessments have a decent chance of leaking, given that they involve every department. An early version of the risk register for Lansley's NHS changes leaked, and far fewer people would have had to see that.
                      Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 01-11-2017, 18:31.

Comment

I don't want to say things like the Tories are in complete disarray, but apparently Anna Soubry has quickly demolished every Brexit argument, John Redwood is trying to interrupt everything and has responded to a question about queuing trucks waiting to get into Dover with "but why would they be queueing in the sea", half of them want the reports published but redacted and Rees-Mogg has demanded they be published in full.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/925769158628990976

Comment

Soubry nearly lost her seat in the election, and has been very keen to guard her position v Labour and spare May's blushes so far. It only made her look stupid. She'd be better off going full Ken Clarke and not giving a fuck. She would be a pretty formidable internal critic if she did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                            I don't want to say things like the Tories are complete arseholes, but it's apparent from everything they say and do that them's the facts.
                            Fixed that for you.

Comment

Tory deputy speaker, Eleanor Laing, hasn't exactly helped the government out either.

A motion of this kind has in the past been seen as effective or binding. That does not mean that I am making a ruling at this point about the nature of the motion before us today. I will reiterate that what I said before, that while it is correct for the chair to make a ruling on what happens here in the chamber, it is for the government to decide how the government will proceed having considered the opinions of the House.

It would of course be quite wrong for the government not to pay any attention to a decision taken by this House. But the way in which the minister interprets what he and his colleagues should do after the House has expressed an opinion is a matter not for the chair, but for the minister.
                              Roughly translated- "It's up to you, but it looks really shit".

Comment

Meanwhile, the Disgraced Former Minister for Becoming Like Dubai, Only Colder, reopens another important front in the battle

Comment

I happened to watch the BBC news last night, where they were breathlessly reporting that dairy farmers are really excited about selling all their milk to Dubai and China. That'll be China, where everyone's lactose intolerant. Another great thing, apparently, is that the Chinese prefer to make deals with single countries, rather than large blocs. I wonder why that is.

Is the BBC always like that these days?

Comment

As a policy, this is up there with fox hunting and badger culling, with the added bonus of really hurting their farmer base. He'll be making all except the hardcore Randists very uncomfortable with this stuff.

Why's May tolerating him in this job? Plenty of other Brexiters around. He's not even that popular- only beat Clarke by 4 MPs when he tried to be leader.

Comment

The Commons has just agreeed without a vote to the Labour motion to publish the Brexit impact papers (that the Tory ministers said they couldn’t publish.)

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                                        I happened to watch the BBC news last night, where they were breathlessly reporting that dairy farmers are really excited about selling all their milk to Dubai and China. That'll be China, where everyone's lactose intolerant. Another great thing, apparently, is that the Chinese prefer to make deals with single countries, rather than large blocs. I wonder why that is.

Is the BBC always like that these days?
                                        They're a mixed bag. They're not too bad on the headline stuff, where it's hard to hide the ongoing fiasco. But they do stick on items like this for "balance".

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                          The Commons has just agreeed without a vote to the Labour motion to publish the Brexit impact papers (that the Tory ministers said they couldn’t publish.)
                                          It's going to be redacted within an inch of its life, by the sound of it.

Comment

I dunno man. I mean there’s some stuff even they can’t ignore and had to dolefully report, but Kuenssberg when May visits the Evil Empire in Brussels, Her reports are definitely emphasizing the supposed duplicity and cunning of The Enemy, never any forensics into why we are still demanding a simultaneous trade negotiation having signed up to leaving that till post- divorce talks way back in June (I guess things were different back in that hazy summer of ‘17).

That farming piece, fucking unbelievable. The godawful Sarah Smith was at it as well a few months back, why Brexit will give Scotland shiny new markets. In India. For whisky. Partly they seem craven and scared of the axe, so are voluntarily acting like a full-on State Broadcaster, partly it might be people like Gibb, Sarah Sands, piss smelling old cunt presenters like Neil Humphreys and Dimblefuck. Oh and Ian Katz, fucking Wark, that sickly Morph looking Dragons Den cunt, fucking alt-right soapbox for shite “Viewsnight” segment. Newsnight can mostly fuck right off, mostly. Partly as well a head in the sand oh well things won’t get that bad??!!? attitude. Which is the only explanation I can see in the likes of Kevin fucking Hague glibly thinking the size of the UK internal “single market” trumps all talk of Indy. What happens when the UK is a stagflated mess with fuck all to sell to each other and no cash for imports? Him and Tom Holland can fuck right off.
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-11-2017, 20:08.

Comment

"independent parliamentary clerks advised [it] would be a “binding” decision.
                                              it will put them directly in conflict with Bercow. Osborne is claiming the Tories no longer have a majority on Brexit.

Comment

I'm not at all sure that they have a majority within their own parliamentary party.

Thus this debacle.

Comment

Strong and stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                    Given today's collapse in talks, that old saw about Maze prisoners physically digging the North loose from the rest of Ireland looks like an excellent idea.
                                                    I’m getting round to that way of thinking as well. We’ll keep West of the Bann I Suppose, tow the rest out past Rockall. They can share their paradise with good White Protestant Seagulls. Why did the talks collapse? If it was the fucking Language Act than goddam the DUP. It might be Garry led cynical behaviour- the Shinners now suddenly giving a fuck after almost 20 years- but ffs it’s in the GFA. Fucking sign up and shut the fuck up. Get a few fuckin Ullans centers in Antrim and North Down, and do your fucking job. And Gay Marriage as well yis fuckbags. Ridiculous bigots. Sorry Dunc, but ffs. Come on Arlene.
                                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-11-2017, 20:21.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X