Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flynnie
    replied
    He’s celebrating a deal in which he got utterly reamed, the EU should be delighted to clap him on.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Most of the early commentary suggests the EU has little cause for complaint, so if Johnson wants to celebrate a "win", that's his own affair.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    I suspect Pravda gave Brezhnev a harder time

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1342141699632599042?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK/status/1342186586549739520?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    But surely they know the British press are never going to give them anything but a good kicking?
    No. They clearly thought that the acres of coverage the media freely gave them to kick Corbyn would be left open for them to put forward their policies.

Part of the Blair Cargo Cult is to suck up to the Press.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

They could, but they won't. It's all about what the press think, not their core support.
    But surely they know the British press are never going to give them anything but a good kicking?

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    When are they going to drop the "New Leadership" thing? It's been over 8 months now, so not really new. (and I'm not seeing much exemplary of leadership, for that matter).
    Last edited by S. aureus; 24-12-2020, 19:57. Reason: That sentence in parentheses is a bit of a dog's breakfast, but I'm sure you all catch my drift.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

they could abstain
    They could, but they won't. It's all about what the press think, not their core support.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Whipped to support a deal far worse than the one Starmer opposed

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    Can you imagine the reaction from certain quarters if it had been Corbyn whipping in favour of a deal?

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied

Labour will likely vote for it because they will be held responsible by the right wing media if it doesn't pass, even if a hundred hard right Tories oppose it. The last thing Keith wants to do is upset the fascist press.
    Also the only other option if it doesn't pass is No Deal, it's not like Brexit is cancelled if it doesn't get through parliament.
    they could abstain

https://twitter.com/stevenicksmith/status/1342175884745302016?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
    ^ I didn't know the source when I stole that comparison off Twitter, but it seems it is an official release from the European Commission.
    Thanks for this.

Let's see what the first few months of 2021 bring. It'll all be Europe's fault we know that.

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied

Labour will likely vote for it because they will be held responsible by the right wing media if it doesn't pass, even if a hundred hard right Tories oppose it. The last thing Keith wants to do is upset the fascist press.
    Also the only other option if it doesn't pass is No Deal, it's not like Brexit is cancelled if it doesn't get through parliament.
    It would also definitely pass if they abstained, and quite likely if they voted against. There's no need to vote for it out of fear of no deal.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Forensic!

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Starmer is a parrot-faced wazzock.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Starmer says it’s a deal Labour will inherit in 2024 if it wins the election, and the public expects it to make it work.

He says it isn’t credible for Labour to sit on the sidelines.

“When this deal comes before parliament, Labour will accept it and vote for it,” he says.

Leave a comment:

• Come along, Min
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post

Even the most fervent Leaver wouldn't claim there are any specific immediate, practical gains, would they?
    Hiii-yaaaaa!!

I think it's fair to say this draws something of a line under quite a notable debate that was had over the last 4-5 years or so. I'm sure most us can agree with that. I'd concede it revealed plenty of negatives too mind you!

The consent of the most fervent losers certainly wasn't granted but wrestled from them though. Bet they're sucked right off now.

I wish them all the best, they're not ALL Olympic gold winning arseholes.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Oh but you're forgetting about taking back control. Control of xenophobia.
    Fair point. The immediate, practical benefit is no new Polish builders coming to live here, as of next Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    ^ I didn't know the source when I stole that comparison off Twitter, but it seems it is an official release from the European Commission.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimski View Post
    So who thinks Labour should vote for this deal, and who thinks they should abstain, or vote against?

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    What the fuck does the deal actually mean?
    In simple terms what have we lost and have we actually gained anything?

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Even the most fervent Leaver wouldn't claim there are any specific immediate, practical gains, would they?
    Oh but you're forgetting about taking back control. Control of xenophobia.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    What the fuck does the deal actually mean?
    In simple terms what have we lost and have we actually gained anything?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimski View Post
    So who thinks Labour should vote for this deal, and who thinks they should abstain, or vote against?
    I think they should all go stick their heads in pigs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X