X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume all the meat is lean.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

I believe the government is making sure that musicians trying come in from certain countries for our festivals aren't finding things easy either.
      More Brexity in the spiritual sense than the literal, given the musicians affected weren't European, but I seem to remember reading in about 2018 or 2019 that even at the pre-grace period expiring stage it wrought absolute havoc with the organisation of WOMAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
        I presume all the meat is lean.
        <applause>

It's gone from topside to side-side.

Comment

https://twitter.com/vivamjm/status/1574440019787501578

Comment

Wetherspoons in real trouble, 32 pubs up for a sale and a debt of around a billion.

Comment

Oh no!

Anyway…

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                Oh no!

Anyway…
                Won't hurt Martin though

His staff, while their workplaces are sold off for flats on the other hand

Comment

Comment

I stopped going to Spoons when a staffer thought I was Tim M

Comment

So.

Brexit then

How could you NOT know about changes to passport regulations post-Brexit?

Do these people walk around with their head in a bucket?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68677938

"Treated like criminals and frog marched through customs"

Comment

I reckon loads of people don't know. And I don't necessarily think it's (mostly) their fault. I don't think it has been widely publicised.

Though not sure how they expect to be dealt with on arriving at the gate with an invalid passport.

Comment

Even without the rule change, though, would have thought travellers are generally advised to renew their passports six months before they run out, no matter where in the world they are going?

Comment

Brexit provides an endless stream of hard learned lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                              I stopped going to Spoons when a staffer thought I was Tim M
                              Heh, hope you advised them of a local opticians...

Comment

Just like many aspects of Brexit, people are blissfully ignorant of any consequences until they bite them in the arse, then get all indignant when those filthy Europeans treat them like they are no longer a member of the club that they voted to no longer be a member of.
                                Perhaps they should have listened to more people than Farage before casting that vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                  So.

Brexit then

All based on the usual though.

Exceptionalism, ignorance and xenophobia...

Things the Brex-Eejits excel at.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                    Even without the rule change, though, would have thought travellers are generally advised to renew their passports six months before they run out, no matter where in the world they are going?
                                    Eu citizens arent advised to do so when travelling within the EU, at least not by the Irish govt. If you are British and havent gone anywhere since Brexit, you could get caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

All based on the usual though.

Exceptionalism, ignorance and xenophobia...

Things the Brex-Eejits excel at.
                                      Fuck the fuck off with your shitty patter.

Comment

Um, what year are we in? (From the BBC article)

Comment

You're assuming the Brex-Eejits can read though...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                            So.

Brexit then

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! These cunts still haven't got it. You can't treat your neighbours like shit and then think you can just carry on regardless

Comment

I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to look at their passport - which was issued on 30 March 2014 - before travelling and see that it expires on, say, 30 September 2024 and assume that their passport is valid until 30 September 2024 and still has 6 months of validity from the date of travel (which is the usual standard I've come across) and would be OK to travel on.

I was unaware of the 10 year rule until reading articles about it.
                                              Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 30-03-2024, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                Just like many aspects of Brexit, people are blissfully ignorant of any consequences until they bite them in the arse, then get all indignant when those filthy Europeans treat them like they are no longer a member of the club that they voted to no longer be a member of.
                                                While certainly there are many people like this - let me introduce you to my father-in-law - and these moaners may well be amongst them, but no-one is explicitly blaming Europeans in that article. The criticism seems to be aimed at the airlines, cruise companies and travel agents. Not themselves, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

I was unaware of the 10 year rule until reading articles about it.
                                                  If you book a plane ticket to the EU on pretty much every website it does say in big capital letters* "please enter the date of issue of your passport ... this now needs to be within 9 years and 3 months of your intended return date of travel to the UK".

People still complaining to the newspapers about this are morons.

*Except on Ryanair but they're already running a farcically corrupt business model anyway for ensuring they can fleece you for almost every add-on possible at check in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

If you book a plane ticket to the EU on pretty much every website it does say in big capital letters* "please enter the date of issue of your passport ... this now needs to be within 9 years and 3 months of your intended return date of travel to the UK".

People still complaining to the newspapers about this are morons.

*Except on Ryanair but they're already running a farcically corrupt business model anyway for ensuring they can fleece you for almost every add-on possible at check in.
                                                    Ryanair do the same. Why make things up?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X