No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I'd view this as the actual run, but with a bit of a convenient excuse- and virus to blame - for when it turns out to be a monstrous fuck-up and that they hadn't actually planned for anything

Comment

Good on the local Sikh temple in dishing out 800 lentil curries to help feed the drivers, but I worry that it's going to end up like the scene with the cowboys round the campfire in Blazing Saddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
        I think the Government's reasonable worst case Brexit planning scenario was that there'd be a need to handle 5-7000 queued lorries, and once all the elements of the Kent traffic management plan are in place there'll be capacity for 9000. This is quite a useful dry run tbh.
        Is it true there's only one portable toilet for all the drivers?

Comment

The county council is delivering 200 more

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            The county council is delivering 200 more
            By truck?

Comment

Presumably from the other carriage way

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

By truck?
                Berlin airlift style.

Comment

One of the sticking points on a deal at the moment is apparently the EU's "demand" for non discrimination - which is to say that for things like short term visas, the UK should treat Germans and Romanians (for example) the same. Predictably, as the UK is run by a bunch of xenophobic cunts, this is not what they want.

Comment

....another is that the UK is wanting a cut of that sweet sweet pelagic market dollar.

Comment

Where on earth in Len McCluskey on this? Why isn't he down there with food and portaloos and union forms?

Comment

Eight days to go - no deal now certain?
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-12-2020, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                          Apparently not
                          Thread:
                          https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1341482445808537604

Comment

Barnier seems pessimistic here, suggesting talks will drag beyond Dec 31st

https://www.dw.com/en/brexit-eus-bar...eal/a-56032941

Connelly writes today that Xmas Eve is the last day a deal could be struck that could be implemented on Jan 1st. If a deal is struck on, say, Dec 27th, you still get no deal terms until Jan 4th or so.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1223/11...-talks-latest/
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-12-2020, 10:17.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK/status/1341666978939940864

Comment

Barnier seems pessimistic here, suggesting talks will drag beyond Dec 31st
                                Sounds optimistic to me.

Comment

This fucking cunt

This fucking country

https://twitter.com/kelvmackenzie/status/1341435277001285635?s=20

​​​​​​​

Comment

I hope he fucking dies. Slowly and painfully. That utter cunt.

Comment

Kelvin MacKenzie is a despicable piece of shit and I can't wait for him to die.

Spare me any pearl-clutching, if that makes me a bad person then so fucking be it.

Edited because I hope the cunt googles his own name.

Comment

Has Johnson genuinely ever wanted a deal?

Comment

When I worked in Surrey two or three days a week a few years ago I sometimes saw MacKenzie on the platform at Weybridge. When I read stuff like that I wish I'd taken one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Has Johnson genuinely ever wanted a deal?
                                            It depends on whether you see the fishing rights as a sincere reason or pretext to hold off agreeing to a deal. I suspect a bit of both: isolationism plus posturing.

Comment

Johnson didn't even want to leave the EU, he just wanted to be in the wings to take the top job when the leave campaign failed.

Of course, now he has the top job, he's realised that to stay in it, he needs to appease the racists and the wingnuts in his party who will accept nothing less than the equivalent of shitting the bed and then setting fire to it, because SOVEREIGNTY.

Comment

Rumours are that there is a deal. Of what sort, who the fuck knows

Comment

A Christmas Eve Agreement?

Comment

Irrelevant. We're at war.

https://twitter.com/nickreeves9876/status/1341711644871839750?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                    X