No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a lot of cheese on toast.........As long you send us some bread.

Comment

The idea that Britain's food choices were fine back in the days of spam and bubble & squeak is absolute nonsense.

Comment

I often wonder what my kids and grandkids would say if I served up Tripe, Pigs belly, Liver, Kidneys, Roast Heart, Pigs feet and Pigs ears like we were.

I’d still eat it like.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          Yes, I believe that's what we called them.

You do have to wonder though what inspired him to write that tweet?
          Cocaine?

Comment

I have coped with a lot since the referendum, but if I'm forced to eat bread and dripping again, then finally they've gone too far.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
              I often wonder what my kids and grandkids would say if I served up Tripe, Pigs belly, Liver, Kidneys, Roast Heart, Pigs feet and Pigs ears like we were.

I’d still eat it like.
              To be fair, most of them Bally Continentals are happy eating all that, it's pretty much the ready meal archipelago that gets so squeamish.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                There are so many, SO MANY epithets spilling around my brain at present. I'll limit my thoughts to this:

GET FUCKED, YOU THUMB-HEADED, TINY-BRAINED, IMPOSSIBLY FUCKING STUPID LITTLE ENGLAND SHITHOUSE. THE WORST OF THE ISLAND MENTALITY IS RIGHT THERE IN YOUR OH-SO-PITHY DISMISSAL OF GENUINE CONCERN ABOUT FOOD SHORTAGES AND THE COUNTRY'S PLACE IN THE WORLD. DISMISSED AS A TRIFLE AS THOUGH THE 70'S AND 80'S WERE SOME KIND OF FUCKING UTOPIA, EU OR NO. FUCKING STUPID CUNT.
                I've reviewed this in the cold light of the morning and if I had to critique my writing, I'd suggest there isn't enough swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post

I’d still eat it like.
                  Liver is nice. WIth some rashers and onion. Then again most savoury things are delicious with rashers and onion

Comment

EU confirm what we've known all along, it's going to be a no deal.

All the ensuing problems will be blamed on Europe and foreigners and the usual scapegoats.

The mainstream media will join in with this narrative.

Once the country is on its knees something might change. But it'll be for the worse.

Prepare for disaster capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      All the ensuing problems will be blamed on Europe and foreigners and the usual scapegoats.

The mainstream media will join in with this narrative.
                      Today's Daily Express front cover is something to behold, even by their standards. Ooh! Free 1 pound bet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        BTW, what the fuck are we going to do with all this cheddar you buy off us? It's in the region of 100,000 tonnes a year.
                        Germany apparently have taken to it:

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...exit-question/

Also, many of the factories have converted to mozzarella:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...ork-expansion/
                        Last edited by Diable Rouge; 11-12-2020, 12:16.

Comment

Get that toast and chips into you!

Comment

As a minor aside, EU beer is a much bigger thing in the UK now, and if pubs were open, there's plenty that have a business model based on selling it.

Comment

Watney's may have chosen the ideal time to relaunch the Party Seven.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                As a minor aside, EU beer is a much bigger thing in the UK now, and if pubs were open, there's plenty that have a business model based on selling it.
                                And likely every pub in the country sells a pint of plain as your only man.

It's shite. This a profoundly material question and it's been turned into a culture war. Worse, it's a culture war you can't get out of. I despair.

Comment

If Scotland doesn't vote to escape this racist shitpile after this it never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

Today's Daily Express front cover is something to behold, even by their standards. Ooh! Free 1 pound bet.
                                    I'm distressed to see that Johnson has cancelled the World Pie Eating Championship, for which I've been practicing all year.

Comment

He’s replaced it with the Great British Rah-Rah Gosh Well Pie Eating Championship. Entries cost ?750, email your bank details to definitelynotboris@mymates.com or make your cheque out to “cash”.

Comment

Why these constant references to "battle with Alzheimers"? Rubbish journalism.

Comment

They're charging 70p for the Express these days? Bloody hell, they're charging ?2.50 for the Torygraph?

Comment

Remember to eat your blackcurrants to stave off scurvy!

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                              Germany apparently have taken to it:
                                              https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...exit-question/
                                              Pleased about that - I was going to reply to berbaslug's tweet that we'd have it over here. For weeks, I've been dreading going to my local supermarket and seeing the small section marked 'Scottish cheddar' empty or abolished. I'm sure Irish is just as good, if not better. Because of all the rain, or something.

For years I was reassuring people here that Brexit can't happen because it's too stupid to happen, and that even within the dense-headed Tories enough people would come to their senses to sign a deal that was effectively Britain being in the EU by all but name. How could they not? Nothing else makes any sense. These past few months, though, my wisdom has been rightly questioned - I mean, how could I be stupid enough myself to have any kind of faith in even a single section of the Conservative Party? I assumed self-preservation, as ever, would be their ultimate motivation. But no, the irresistible cliff-edge is calling. It's like Johnson and chums are heading for the sado-masochism brothel, even though they know the press has got hidden cameras inside, and that all the working girls have got tell-all contracts with The Sun. They don't care, because the prospect of that pain is giving them such a hard-on, they can't think of anything besides the good thrashing they've been looking forward to for so long. We'll worry about the bill and the scars afterwards, then our lawyers will get us off the charges and we'll just carry on as before with the same shit-eating grins.

There's a thought. As a tribute to our Babs, is Carry on Brexit in the works already?

Comment

But they and their cronies are making money off this (just as they have off the pandemic)

Disaster capitalism is very much a thing

Comment

Carry on Covid too, then

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                                    For years I was reassuring people here that Brexit can't happen because it's too stupid to happen, and that even within the dense-headed Tories enough people would come to their senses to sign a deal that was effectively Britain being in the EU by all but name. How could they not? Nothing else makes any sense.
                                                    I've been the same. I've told people that the Tories don't care about anything but money. And they wouldn't fuck the economy up and destroy the bank balances of their friends and donors for such a pointless task, not when they could have a Brexit with almost no pain.

It seems out that I was naive.

Even yesterday I saw Brexiters triumphantly claiming that the EU had caved because "The EU has agreed that borders will remain open and air travel will remain in place". They somehow ignored the second part that said "If Britain continues to maintain regulations and standards that the EU accepts". Once again, they were being offered "Britain being in the EU in all but name". And once again they seem to be intent on fucking that up.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X