Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish have been taken off the table.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Blackrock/Monkstown area of Dublin. Pure fucking poverty down there. He must have really been roughing it.

Or maybe somebody should have just told him how the hot press works.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
        Fish have been taken off the table.
        Not so fast. Always wait for the Governments official spokespeople to have their say.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1335696573649575943

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1335695666706862082

Comment

this has to simultaneously appear to be a deal and not a deal depending on who's asking

Comment

What's a few fish when the EU won on the border and the divorce payments.

Let them have their Great British Fish and Chips. Assuming, of course, that they can import enough sunflower oil and paper. Might have to go back to lard and newspaper. Hurrah!

Comment

Erm, fish and chips should be cooked in beef dripping. So that'll be hormonal beef dripping...

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                this has to simultaneously appear to be a deal and not a deal depending on who's asking
                Schrodinger's deal?

Comment

kuennsberg really excelling herself here

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1335847910425112576?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                    Oh yeah, the Blackrock/Monkstown area of Dublin. Pure fucking poverty down there. He must have really been roughing it.

Or maybe somebody should have just told him how the hot press works.
                    If someone was letting a house to students in Seapoint in 2000 era, it would definitely have been pretty fucked up. If it wasn't you'd either be renting it to a family, or selling it. I used to be going out there semi regularly to teach music at the headquarters of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri eireann on Belgrave Square, and there was plenty of houses that would have fitted neatly in the category of Victorian house, where the old person living there had recently died, and their kids had to renovate before sale. The house might potentially have been worth 2 or 3 million quid, but it would be cold as fuck, possibly damp, and bits of it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      kuennsberg really excelling herself here

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1335847910425112576?s=20
                      That really is stenography. She's not even bothered to paraphrase.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

That really is stenography. She's not even bothered to paraphrase.
                        I've always said someone else has direct access to her account, hence the wording. And I don't mean she's being hacked either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                          I think you'll find quite a lot of people have been pointing out what a disaster No Deal is going to be for about 4 years now. We had to remove a Tory PM and excise all the remainers from government in a new general election to elect this hopeless administration of fuckwits who assured us that a deal would be "the easiest trade deal in history ... virtually ready made." Any sensible opposition is now lost as "too late, you lost, we will build Britain Back Better" and all that waffle.
                          Yeah. I mean I don't care any more. It feels like the poorest parts of the country all voted Tory to "Get Brexit Done". Well they've shat the bed. Now they can lie on it.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am. The Tories will continue to piss on their backs and tell them it's raining, and they'll continue to believe it.

I can't say I'm happy about it, mind.

Comment

I think that what the EU should do is agree to a deal (let's face it, it's going to be a torrid anal hammering), let Johnson run to the preprepared lectern to announce Neville Chamberlain style that it was all down to him and it's all great and then quietly say "you know that you're going to be on No Deal for the next three months at least, because it has to be ratified by the EU27 and that might not be smooth sailing because, y'know... sovereignty."

Comment

A headline appeared on my screen a few minutes ago (how do you stop them appearing? They're like cockroaches) quoting a minister saying that "Britain holds all the cards in the negotiations". Well, that's nice. And if you are the one with all the cards, then you are meant to start Dealing them. You are, in fact, the Dealer.

So fucking get on with it.

Comment

Owen Jones claiming that "hard remainers" are to blame for the failure to achieve a "soft" Brexit, and as ever far, he is both right and wrong in his claim. On the one hand, there was at one point a majority for a customs union, which would have been softer than the present scenario (that is, if the Tories decided to honour such a vote), but on the other, most of the benefits of EU membership that could have preserved derive from the Single Mark, and that never came close to a majority.

Comment

Who are these Hard Remainers? Handy strawmen imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                      Owen Jones claiming that "hard remainers" are to blame for the failure to achieve a "soft" Brexit, and as ever far, he is both right and wrong in his claim. On the one hand, there was at one point a majority for a customs union, which would have been softer than the present scenario (that is, if the Tories decided to honour such a vote), but on the other, most of the benefits of EU membership that could have preserved derive from the Single Mark, and that never came close to a majority.
                                      There was a flurry of indicative votes, which all failed. The closest - from memory - failed because Tim Farron was busy arguing against gay people and Vince Cable stayed away because Jeremy Corbyn. But as Jones says, the Hard Remainers were more than happy to accept Hard Brexit rather than let Corbyn anywhere near things. In fact, Peter Mandelson has been saying as much this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Who are these Hard Remainers? Handy strawmen imo.
                                        People's Vote, the TinGe and Jo Swinson.

Comment

Yeah. I mean I don't care any more. It feels like the poorest parts of the country all voted Tory to "Get Brexit Done". Well they've shat the bed. Now they can lie on it.
                                          Problem is that you're bed sharing.

Comment

They didn't vote Tory (who gained 300,000 votes). They just stopped voting Labour (who lost 2.6m). I wonder why that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

People's Vote, the TinGe and Jo Swinson.
                                              But they haven't been relevant for a year, 18 months? They haven't had any influence for a year. Boris campaigned on his oven ready deal that wasn't hard brexit, oh no, siree. To blame that motley bunch is daft.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Problem is that you're bed sharing.
                                                Sighs

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

They didn't vote Tory (who gained 300,000 votes). They just stopped voting Labour (who lost 2.6m). I wonder why that was.
                                                  What was Labour's take on brexit again?

Comment

But they haven't been relevant for a year, 18 months? They haven't had any influence for a year. Boris campaigned on his oven ready deal that wasn't hard brexit, oh no, siree. To blame that motley bunch is daft.
                                                    The GE was still less than a year ago. PV imploded mid-November last year and Swinson and the TinGe were sitting MPs until this time on Saturday.

Yeah, it's been a looooong 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X