• Show
Clear All

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    A month and a half to go, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Johnson confirms there will be checks at Warrenpoint, Belfast and Larne.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Indeed, the UK has a judge (Howard Morrison) on the ICC and has had a number of judges on the ICJ (though Christopher Greenwood's term expired recently). The US, of course, is also a member of the ICJ and has a current judge. And let's not mention the WTO dispute settlement mechanisms.

Their ignorance knows no bounds.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Last I looked, the UK was a member of the ICC. It is also planning to sign up to the Hague Convention, under which its courts will enforce rulings in other signatory countries.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    UK to withdraw from EU aviation safety regulator, Shapps says

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Gmail

“As you would expect from an independent nation, we can’t be subject to the rules and laws made by somebody else, so we can’t accept rules from the EU commission and we can’t accept rulings in terms of court cases from the European court of justice or anybody else, any more than the US would,” he told Aviation Week in Washington.
    They cannot resist chucking in a line about independence can they?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The UK-US FTA objectives have been published - the biggest surprise is that even if all tariffs were removed, British exports would only improve by £3 billion in total, not even per annum:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/l...tent=immediate

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

What possible reason is there for having to attend a ceremony in Kerry to get entitlement or a passport on top of paying well over a grand in fees? I've less than zero desire to be patronised and patted on the head by that egregious RIC loving cunt Charlie fuckin Flanagan or whatever cunt is next month's head of the Gardai, the German local town hall system of naturalisation seems far better. And it's not a disgusting gouge.
    TBF, I think the ceremony's optional - totally agree on the fee, though.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    There was also a backlog after a typically bullshit judgement from Barrett J awaiting overturning.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Almost a thousand Britons being naturalised as Irish next week - to put that in context, the figure was 600 during the first six months of 2019.
    What possible reason is there for having to attend a ceremony in Kerry to get entitlement or a passport on top of paying well over a grand in fees? I've less than zero desire to be patronised and patted on the head by that egregious RIC loving cunt Charlie fuckin Flanagan or whatever cunt is next month's head of the Gardai, the German local town hall system of naturalisation seems far better. And it's not a disgusting gouge.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Christ.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    It's worth saying that an awful lot of people I have worked with for the past two decades and have twenty, thirty, forty years service have nowt lined up. For some, it's a sweet relief, but I know plenty of couples who are both about to get finished and have difficult situations looming.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    Frying pan to fire. The world of education has always fascinated me, particularly how they spend the money and are they doing it properly...

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    You have something else lined up?

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    Anyway, I'm past caring, I'm out in four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Yeah I oughta Read Some Hayek.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    Hey, it worked perfectly fine for thousands of years. Are you some kind of statist Mazarinesque cuck?

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Private sector tax farmers, christ.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    First you run down a public service, then you say it isn't working and the private sector could do it better.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Why are they doing this? There's two new build blocks of 10 storeys in Glasgow's Financial district flying up at the moment for HMRC. Keeping staff in say East Kilbride real estate must be a lot cheaper. Is it to get the "best and the brightest"? (Who will prob go to vampire wankers like Accenture for three times the money)

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rade-says-gove
    Red tape Brexit continues apace.

The article neglects to mention that HMRC is in the midst of haemorghing tens of thousands of staff as it retreats from the big towns and smaller cities into thirteen superstatesites in cities that have buoyant employment markets.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Almost a thousand Britons being naturalised as Irish next week - to put that in context, the figure was 600 during the first six months of 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Indeed, but standardising the proof of residence should at least simplify the process.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Sounds like it's more about the documentation than the actual framework, which will still be up to individual member states (subject to FTA).

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    The EU equivalent of settled status has just been launched.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    UK mandate published

FT is leading on the line that we're threatening to walk away in June and prepare for WTO terms if things aren't progressing. Which I actually find encouraging, as it means the government is acknowledging that July is the real deadline. Of course, the UK backpedalling as hard as it can on the political declaration is not so encouraging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X