The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
    Time for the New Canterbury Tales as truckers sit around a campfire and while away the hours.
    The spelling would probably be just as good as the original, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      They're going to shit the fucking bed when they learn that the UK has more than one port route.

Comment

Good news for Greenlander

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          Kent Roads Access Permit​​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

I think I'm losing track - didn't they renege on an international treaty so that they could not have a border in the Irish Sea, but instead they're putting one around Kent?

Comment

Kent is the arsehole of the South East so I guess they thought it doesn't matter.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/1308775704679649283

Comment

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1308766379416395781

Comment

More seriously, it appears Gibraltar will treat the UK as a "third country" in the event of "no deal".

Comment

Ah well, maybe all these bad news are being released now to prepare the country for the ultimate u-turn at the last minute...(I know, I know...)

Comment

It's terrible how those hauliers have dragged their feet and not made adequate preparations. The poor Government must be tearing their hair out in frustration at the laggardly goings on.

For shame, truckers!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          Good news for Greenlander
                          We've just tarmaced a patch of dead quay space, painted some lines and put up some fancy lighting all paid for thank to HMG. Not sure 20 spaces will be enough.

And, an extension until July to get all the Border Force requirements into place. I'm not involved in the higher discussions but it sounds not all cross channel ports will be so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Kent Roads Access Permit
                            A Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

A Kermit
                              Good god man. Have you no shame?

Comment

I just hope that he has a good IP lawyer

Comment

Don't mess with the stars of ATV's most famous programme.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Good god man. Have you no shame?
                                    Sorry, I thought we had already met?

Comment

https://twitter.com/AhirShah/status/1308764455791190016?s=20

Comment

Fully support this!

Comment

Or the method used to draw the Irish border in Puckoon; everyone on the border committee grabs hold of the pencil and they collectively draw a line ("Someone's pushing for the benefit of Ulster!").

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                            Or the method used to draw the Irish border in Puckoon; everyone on the border committee grabs hold of the pencil and they collectively draw a line ("Someone's pushing for the benefit of Ulster!").
                                            Heh. Was talking yesterday to my friend Brian who actually lives and works there* (in real life it's Belleek by name, bleak by nature). He has claimed personal credit for the election result in still marginal Fermanagh & South Tyrone: his elderly aunt died just before the last GE, so the entire UUP-supporting extended family sat it out as a mark of respect.

* furlough at Belleek Pottery likely not to be extended alas

Comment

There is nothing remotely original or remarkable about this. It's what many people had always heavily suspected. To see it in print, and with statistical back up, that many British business owners voted to leave the EU without understanding the consequences doesn't even make me angry any more, although it should. It makes me despair.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/busines...mpression=true

Comment

Andrew from Clitheroe: "I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!"

Comment

"We're only a small SME and we import virtually all our equipment..."

Comment

And all the directors thought that Brexit would be good for their business . . .

Comment

Working...
                                                    X