No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the Advocate General for Scotland gone from Johnson's mob now, unable to stand over the general shitting over what passes for rule of law in the failed state. Fuck knows who he'll bring in as replacement, I hope it's fucking Adam Tomkins.

Comment

The Keen story is a shitshow

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1306202838310227968

Comment

We're looking at a Chicago school totally deregulated economy come January 1st aren't we?

Comment

That’s the - for want of a better word - plan.

Or a Russia style kleptocracy.

Comment

I rather suspect you already have a Russia style kleptocracy. Here in Australia the Libs appoint fossil fuel shills to secret committees to decide on COVID recovery projects and act surprised when the secret committees select fossil fuel COVID recovery projects.
            Last edited by Uncle Ethan; 17-09-2020, 07:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              That’s the - for want of a better word - plan.

Or a Russia style kleptocracy.
              In which case, we can expect ahistorical gems like this from the FCO next year:

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1306516128643121152

Comment

I'd. love to compare that with the FCO's description of how the British left Kenya- or indeed Britain's involvement with the Iraq war

Comment

Toby Young has abandoned Johnson, as he is more Cromwell than Prince Hal:

https://paulonbooks.blogspot.com/202...l#.X2NWJzTTW2d

Comment

Well now I think better of Johnson

Comment

I knew someone who was in the Polish Army when the war started. He said that they spent more time fighting the Russians than the Germans.

Comment

I have told the story here before of my sixth form Russian teacher who was an ethnic Ukrainian living in Soviet-occupied Poland who was deported with her village to Karelia by the invading Soviets.

Comment

HMG has begun the backpedalling on the IM Bill.

Comment

c. insistence on paperwork requirements (export declarations) for NI goods going to GB, thereby compromising the principle of “unfettered access” in Article 6 of the Protocol;
                            So it will definitely be triggered then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              I knew someone who was in the Polish Army when the war started. He said that they spent more time fighting the Russians than the Germans.
                              He must have been on the eastern side then, because they spent 36 days fighting the germans and nineteen fighting the russians.

Comment

Yeah, so? He was one of the many Poles (amongst others) who made their way to the UK either during or after the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                  Yeah, so? He was one of the many Poles (amongst others) who made their way to the UK either during or after the war.
                                  I'm not saying anything other than it he must have been in the part of Poland nearest Russia for that to have been his personal experience. The poles killed 12 germans for every Russian fatality, but if he was stationed in the East he would have been fighting a desperate rear guard action against the Russians, and the Germans would have barely crossed his mind. The big caveat that military historians always have to put on soldiers personal accounts is that this is what the war looked like from their individual perspective, and while what they saw might be true for them, it may not be reflective of the wider experience.
                                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 18-09-2020, 12:17.

Comment

And as it's part of a joint trust with County Durham, Memorial Hospital Darlington is also on enhanced measures

https://www.cddft.nhs.uk/#

Comment

anyone know how this is going to work

https://twitter.com/robertjoseph/status/1307724309226565634?s=20

Comment

I would imagine at the very least TSB and Santander would go for Spanish authorisation (maybe TSB more likely), given they have Spanish parents.

Comment

So the TSB didn't remutualise then?

Comment

oh look

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1307787433614901253?s=20

Comment

Could that go on the (totally unrelated) Super Injunction thread?

Comment

The Express is reporting it, so this one is fair game and looks like it's going to run.

Comment

And the La Repubblica article has now added some detail previously omitted:

According to the website Flightradar24, Johnson’s alleged return flight from Perugia started at 8.27 am on Monday by a Embraer Legacy 500 jet, landing at 9.39 am local time at the RAF British military airport Northolt....
                                                  According to sources from Perugia airport, the return plane was supposed to take off at 7.45 am that day. However, apparently there was a problem because it took off 40 minutes later than the scheduled time. That Monday morning, September 17th, Johnson and the British Home Secretary, Priti Patel, were due to visits in London, then everything was cancelled at the last moment. That afternoon Downing Street added that Johnson “was in London and attended a coronavirus meeting in the morning”.

Comment

Gotta love getting caught out by a small provincial airport bragging about its use by VIPs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X