The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    I only find it terribly sad, I'm afraid.

In a country where ignorance is a virtue and the (former?) education minister announces the country has had enough of experts I have some sympathy with a fool who has believed what he's been told
    Deep down I don't really find it funny, it's more sad and tragic. The fact that somebody is willing to use their precious holiday entitlement to travel to another country to rail at somebody that will be unable to help them is almost too tragic for words.

When I attempt to think rationally about Brexit, as well as the last 4 years in Britain, the people I get really angry about are the cynical architects of the process rather than the "fools" and the ""easily led", that's even though some of my irritating passing acquaintances could be described as "easily led", that's even though those passing acquaintances have disowned their muddled thinking and lack of personal research, that's even though their decisions have helped to shepherd us towards our present political horrorshow.

It would be easy to think of catharsis and unload my annoyance upon my passing acquaintances wherever I encounter one it still wouldn't change the main cause of our horrorshow; without the most cynical multi-level fear mongering there would have been less chance of the horrorshow happening, at least in its present form.

Imagine being the sort of person that feels able to passionately advocate the brilliance of an economic system whilst you cynically use the negative effects of your holy economic system to engineer a demand for your political position. Imagine being so proud to play your part in the world's bestest democracy that you're willing to say any old guff to get elected and countenance using any old method to engineer demand for your message.

Cynical politicians and cynical political organisers are hardly a new thing but it still blows my mind that we are where we are.

Comment

Another excellent post Kowalski

A tragic farce that has left 65 million people poorer in every sense of the word, obviously financially but culturally too.

And for what?

Comment

The tyre fitter is going to have self-quarantine himself too isn't he, meaning it'll cost him more than a couple of days holiday?

Comment

Brexit was mentioned as one of the main reasons by the new owners of Wigan Athletic for putting the club into administration, quite an irony considering how pro-Brexit the town is...

Comment

Some bad news about our storyteller.

Comment

It’s fake anyway. Hilarious, but fake.

Comment

Yes, that became fairly clear yesterday with the bridge saga.

Comment

That is so disappointing. I'd made a note to check Twitter this evening.

Comment

I think it chimed in with the whole smart-arsedness (!) attitudes around Brexit that have been going on for years. The only thing that would make me like the person who is writing this is if they came out and said 'it was a meta-parody, just to flush out the idiotic FBPE-ers, who like to revel in their intellectual stupidity'. Here's hoping.

Comment

The account has disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                        The account has disappeared.
                        Apparently after a final post saying people were trying to hack his Twitter and sending him death threats via direct messages

Comment

I see that the Agriculture Bill is making its way into law completely fucking the farming industry and the food supply chain so that we can give the USA whatever it wants.

Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Apparently after a final post saying people were trying to hack his Twitter and sending him death threats via direct messages
                            He's back on.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1280438431328407557

Comment

Just a reminder of the con that’s been perpetrated on us

https://twitter.com/londonyc/status/1281881628910981121?s=21

Comment

No deal is going to be blamed on the EU and Covid-19, the chaos that follows on Covid-19 and the EU.

The Tories and their cronies will have been enriched by all of this, everyone else will have been made poorer.

Comment

I see the traffic lights adverts have started today, we've got to get ready, us, that's us, we need to be ready.

Oven ready or not here it comes!

Comment

Dear Government

Thank you for reminding that we need to be ready for Brexit. Can you please let us know what exactly we have to be ready for?

Yours sincerely
                                      Most Companies

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                        No deal is going to be blamed on the EU and Covid-19, the chaos that follows on Covid-19 and the EU.

The Tories and their cronies will have been enriched by all of this, everyone else will have been made poorer.
                                        No deal is already being blamed on Remoaner traitors.

Comment

Here's a surprise

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1284145095730700289?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                            A minor plus would be if it changed the minds of the idiots who shifted their votes in the last election, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                                              I see the traffic lights adverts have started today, we've got to get ready, us, that's us, we need to be ready.

Oven ready or not here it comes!
                                              Whenever I see traffic lights used in a context not referring to traffic lights I always think of those shit fireworks we used to have in the 60s that just used to gout out plumes of smoke.
                                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Global Britain 1:

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1285679660932706306

Global Britain 2:

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1285822183336488960

Comment

Let's face it, No Deal has always been the aim of the disaster capitalists, sociopathic libertarians, wingnut Bannonites and Russian cronies (also known as the Conservative and Unionist Party) since day one.

Comment

Yes.

Well done my fellow Dee-Dahs.

You must be feeling very proud and "patriotic" today.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X