• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon
    bit Prob cuntybaws Stitch is tp
    pervert crazyness..

You tell 'em, mate!

Comment

Ha! I've deleted that bit of Barolo powered erudition.

Comment

That's a winning slogan next election but. And who could argue with the sentiment?

Comment

I'll admit that I'm struggling to construct a counter-argument.

Comment

I for one, do not, and will not believe that actions such as this were not and have not been emboldened by Brexit and its proponents

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmichaiSt...27010246303744

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
              I for one, do not, and will not believe that actions such as this were not and have not been emboldened by Brexit and its proponents

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmichaiSt...27010246303744
              It's all Corbyn's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

It's all Corbyn's fault.
                (I'm going to stick to blaming the Harmsworths if it's all the same to you.)

Comment

I don't think that spraying antisemitic graffiti in Hampstead is particularly new. And this performative stuff from Baddiel and the commentariat is insane. The difference between what his grandparents- (and mine saw) wasn't that antisemitic graffiti was painted on windows. it's that it was officially sanctioned.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1214053982852636673

Comment

Slip that one out while the country burns.

Comment

Australia rejects the UK. Hmmmm.

We were told the world was queuing up to do deals with us.

Was that another untruth from Johnson? Surely not.

Comment

"Free movement of people is terrible and we have to endure economic hardship to stop it! Wait, why don't you want to do a deal with us for free movement of people?"

Comment

Australia rejects the UK. Hmmmm.

We were told the world was queuing up to do deals with us.

Was that another untruth from Johnson? Surely not.

It's the free movement part that's the sticking point with Australia unprepared to agree to a more liberal arrangement. It's not a rejection of a trade agreement per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

It's the free movement part that's the sticking point with Australia unprepared to agree to a more liberal arrangement. It's not a rejection of a trade agreement per se.
                              I see. The free movement of people is a big red line for Johnson et al as we're all aware.

I know it's Australia not wanting this but it just shows the whole hypocrisy of this situation.

Comment

Australia has a population of about 25 million.

In the 2016 Australian census, the most commonly nominated ancestries were:[N 1][13][14]

Comment

and 2 percent Muslim...

Comment

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1214882193148973056

Comment

No surprises there, just look at the political declaration. The financial services bit is basically 3rd country status. And that's the aspiration.

Comment

What exactly does "passporting" mean?

Comment

The system whereby service firms are considered to operate under functionally equivalent regulatory regimes and can therefore offer cross-border services as if they were domestic.

Comment

Yeah, within the EU/EEA, most financial services are passported, so if you are authorised in one member state you can sell your services in another. Technically I think passporting only applies where firms operate under the same (EU) regime, though there can be national differences. I don't think there's any passporting from 3rd countries or in areas where there's no EU sectoral regulation (which is where the passporting would be prescribed after all).

Conversely, most EU financial regulation blocks access to entities in 3rd countries (or, in practice, requires them to set up local entities subject to EU rules). The exception, in a relatively small handful of sectors, is where the EC, in is discretion, determines that the regulatory regime in the 3rd country is "equivalent" — this is basically what is known as "substituted compliance". At the moment this mainly affects insurance, but recently has been a point of contention with the (post-Brexit) UK and the US for derivatives clearing.

Comment

I wonder how shared service centres will be affected by that...the UK has been a popular country for big firms

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
                                                I wonder how shared service centres will be affected by that...the UK has been a popular country for big firms
                                                Not a problem. Just move any UK-based center wholesale to the Netherlands. We speak English anyway, and welcome the increased tax revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

Not a problem. Just move any UK-based center wholesale to the Netherlands. We speak English anyway, and welcome the increased tax revenue.
                                                  If it means moving to Groningen, I am game....

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post

If it means moving to Groningen, I am game....
                                                    Good luck with your hill walking addiction

Comment

Working...
                                                    X