X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbf nobody seems to impose those rules AFAIK

Comment

Work of genius.

Assistance animals face ferry crossing to travel from NI to the Republic of Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49863444

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        tbf nobody seems to impose those rules AFAIK
        So what’s that doing on a Government website?

Comment

Government websites are full of rules that aren't enforced in practice.

Comment

So what’s that doing on a Government website?
            Covering their arses legally; but I've known several people take laptops between the UK and US and ignore customs. It must be very common.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Covering their arses legally; but I've known several people take laptops between the UK and US and ignore customs. It must be very common.
              I did so in August.

Comment

I've done it literally hundreds of times

Comment

Foster wants NI MPs to regulate alignment in the absence of Stormont - the DUP have a mere 10 out of 18.

Comment

Yet Scotland has to swallow a Brexit it did not vote for.

Comment

So does Northern Ireland come to that.

Comment

That unique specimen, an excellent Nick Cohen article on Europeans in Britain, and Britons in Europe.

Comment

Varadkar wants to meet Johnson again next week, and Barnier is let off the leash.

Comment

The Observer has given Nicky Morgan a column tomorrow to spout total bollocks and lies:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...morgan-comment

Comment

From the Barnier article

But he added: “I want to be extremely clear. No deal will never be Europe’s choice. It would be – and note the conditional tense, because I hope still to find a deal – it would always be the UK’s choice, not ours.
                              That probably puts the Hungary veto idea to bed.

Comment

So Johnson is painted into a corner. But there’s a good chance he will choose simply to walk the paint all over the metaphorical house, then keep going and mess up the metaphorical neighbourhood too.

Comment

Anyone know anything about this?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/OperationCheckmate?s=09

Comment

Fevered fantasies?

Comment

Those guys have been watching too many movies...

Comment

Personally I'm convinced that the EU and the British Supreme Courrt are going to be outwitted by the cunning plan of Twitter account Political Pig and his 5000 followers

Comment

Incidentally, the news from the Maugham camp is pretty punchy this morning, i hope he is not overdoing it...

Comment

I'm not so sure that the people who brought you no plan for winning the referendum, no plan for afterwards, didn't have 50-odd impact statements, no plan for losing the proroguing of Parliament, no plan for not getting the election, managed to lose 20 MPs and their majority and won't even show their negotiations with the EU to the Chancellor have a plan for getting to No Deal.

Comment

They might get lucky though, law of averages and all that?

Comment

Watched Andrew Marr this morning, Labour and Tory reps both fucking hopeless. Yesterday here in Edinburgh we watched as 200,000 marched past us in the rain, shouting for independence. Counter-demo of around 40 nutjobs with union jacks jeered and drowned out by bagpipes. No one up here wants Brexit or the people pushing it - there seems to be an irresistible momentum here now towards breaking with England, and it‘s hard to see that being reversed.

Comment

Define "fucking hopeless"/

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1180769405220737026?s=20

Comment

Very good extended interview with John Bercow on CBC this morning. I was talking to a couple of students this week about Bercow, one from Vietnam the other from Mexico, they find him fascinating. Partly it's comedic for sure but, I think mainly because of that, they also are seriously interested in his parliamentary role, they both said there's no one in their own country who does what he does. At least not the way he's able to. His performance (and there's no denying that's what it is) is maybe one of the few pluses to emerge from this clusterfuck.
                                                    Michael's essay on press freedom; U.K. Speaker John Bercow; Mike Finnerty takes a break from radio to become a cheesemonger; What do we mean by reconciliation?; Lessons from Watergate for the Trump impeachment inquiry; Novelist Stéphane Larue; Reality check on fake news

Comment

Working...
                                                    X