Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[URL]https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1172564538618712067?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Excellent thread on the orange book Lib Dems and their role in Brexit.

https://twitter.com/punk_academic/status/1172535491524202497?s=20

Comment

Ok.

What's Tim Martin supposed to have done to start the Boycott Wetherspoons business on Twitter?

Other than his previous form for endorsing Alexander Boris dePfeffel Johnson that is?

Comment

https://twitter.com/g_gosden/status/...80085897060353

Comment

That affected NI yacht-belt drawl (makes the cunt sound like he's just had a stroke)?

Comment

Definitely not Yellow Tories.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MrDanDonoghue/status/1172786107362226176[/URL]

Comment

Do people think we're that stupid?

I know I am.

But I'd hate to think I was either that shallow or ill-informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  You're quite right.

They're Tory Tories.

Just like they always have been

Comment

I come from a long line of Liberal voters (well, two at least). Neither of them, nor I, would stand being labelled Tories.

Comment

Yeah it's true, lots of Liberal voters don't like being labelled as Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                        Yep the important thing is to stop the SNP. Then mibees Brexit. Fucking miserable cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                          I come from a long line of Liberal voters (well, two at least). Neither of them, nor I, would stand being labelled Tories.
                          2010 - 2015 not ring any bells?

Liberal Democrats. Tories.

One and the same

QED.

Comment

You're conflating a bunch of politicians who sold out to the Tories for a sniff of power with the people who voted for them, many of whom would never have contemplated propping up an austerity fixated Tory government.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

2010 - 2015 not ring any bells?

Liberal Democrats. Tories.

One and the same

QED.
                              Like Corbyn is a Communist and a terrorist sympathiser? That sort of shallow bullshit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                You're conflating a bunch of politicians who sold out to the Tories for a sniff of power with the people who voted for them, many of whom would never have contemplated propping up an austerity fixated Tory government.
                                Yeah, Eggchaser, you shouldn't do that.

Comment

Like Corbyn is a Communist and a terrorist sympathiser? That sort of shallow bullshit?
                                  P.S. Fuck Magic Grampa, he is a fucking idiot.

Comment

Another Tory MP has joined them, just now, it seems. No, definitely not Tories, absolutely not.

(Sam Gyimah)

Comment

Guy who filibustered the Turing bill pardoning People criminalised for their sexuality.

What a wonderful job Jo Swinson is doing.

Comment

(Just to be clear, no-one has said everyone who has ever voted Liberal is therefore a Tory. Just like you can't reasonably say everyone who voted Leave is a racist.)

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          (Just to be clear, no-one has said everyone who has ever voted Liberal is therefore a Tory. Just like you can't reasonably say everyone who voted Leave is a racist.)
                                          Unfortunately, the Charles Kennedy types appear virtually extinct within the party, thanks to the Orange Book.
                                          Last edited by Diable Rouge; 14-09-2019, 19:33.

Comment

I suspect Swinson would happily go into a coalition with a Tory party led by Kenneth Clarke.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-09-2019, 22:09.

Comment

I'd put my house on it.

Comment

I really have had a few beers and several glasses of fizz, looking at my recent posting history.

For the record, I am sick of the Lib Dems welcoming Tories with open arms simply on the basis that they're not too keen on Brexit. It's definitely not the party my grandfather or father, or indeed I, voted for many times in the past. Of late, I've voted Green, largely a wasted vote in St Albans where we have Tory drone Anne Main returned by the London commuter crowd with a near 11% majority.

I am seriously worried where my country is headed. I am in my early 40s, so have lived through some pretty tempestuous times, but I honestly can't think of anything that has riven the people in two like Brexit. Horrendous populist bellends seem to be allowed to spew their rubbish without serious challenge in the public domain. My children are mixed race and I fear what kind of shit they might face in the years to come given the rhetoric hurled from the populist pulpit.

​​​​​​In fairly drunken conclusion: FUCK. BREXIT.

Comment

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1172971197136613384?s=20

Comment

I really have had a few beers and several glasses of fizz, looking at my recent posting history.

For the record, I am sick of the Lib Dems welcoming Tories with open arms simply on the basis that they're not too keen on Brexit. It's definitely not the party my grandfather or father, or indeed I, voted for many times in the past. Of late, I've voted Green, largely a wasted vote in St Albans where we have Tory drone Anne Main returned by the London commuter crowd with a near 11% majority.

I am seriously worried where my country is headed. I am in my early 40s, so have lived through some pretty tempestuous times, but I honestly can't think of anything that has riven the people in two like Brexit. Horrendous populist bellends seem to be allowed to spew their rubbish without serious challenge in the public domain. My children are mixed race and I fear what kind of shit they might face in the years to come given the rhetoric hurled from the populist pulpit.

​​​​​​In fairly drunken conclusion: FUCK. BREXIT.
                                                    A lot of the rhetoric used by Leavers on social media appears distinctly Trumpian, with any mention of MPs by journalists generally greeted with a chorus of "Drain the swamp". Thankfully, here one can just wait for new developments, and the only consequences for this country will emerge when the final deadlines expire, but the increasing toxicity can only be of concern in terms of international relations when the process is over, and within communities the parallels with the Irish Civil War are rather eerie.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X