No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[URL]https://twitter.com/nickreeves9876/status/1170682172375801857?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

4-5% very easily could do so.
      Why would anyone vote for minor parties if it's going to help the Tories?

Comment

My vote makes no difference to the outcome of a UK general election. I'm not sure how it would "help the Tories" whoever I vote for, or if I sit on my arse at home and ignore the whole shitpile.

Comment

Tbf, it depends on the constituency.

And the candidates standing.

Comment

The only way I could stop Harriet Harman being my MP is to move.

Comment

NI-only backstop back in play? That said, even if Tories were united just to get Brexit over the line, who else would push it over 326?

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1170793977911619584

Comment

Kate Hoey and co is another 10, maybd

[URL]https://twitter.com/jmpsimor/status/1170806266530283520?s=21[/URL]

if they get away with it depends in large part on what we do.
                [URL]https://twitter.com/misselliemae/status/1170740800931749888?s=21[/URL]

probably doesn’t matter whether TonTon voted for Harriet Harman, but it matters in his nearest Tory marginal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Sadly I didn't quote it exactly correctly. Hope it still makes you laugh imp
                    https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1169513108370591745
                    Even better, even three days later. Hope there's a need to repeat that headline today.

Comment

Johnson apparently thinks the England cricket captain was born in Dublin. I think his lack of attention to real cricket speaks volumes about his character

Comment

Johnson apparently thinks the England cricket captain was born in Dublin. I think his lack of attention to real cricket speaks volumes about his character

Well, the England limited overs cricket captain was. Did he leave out the distinction or something?

Comment

Heh, to be fair it is a fairly recent innovation to have had different captains for one day teams and the test side. In other news, the new Minister for Work and Pensions is a big Liverpool fan and helped get Sir Kenny his knighthood, so one redeeming feature for someone taking up the job of most hated Minister (with the possible exception of Home Secretary) in a Boris Johnson cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Well, the England limited overs cricket captain was. Did he leave out the distinction or something?
                            As far as I have seen it quoted he said "The England cricket captain was born in Dublin". It's not false, exactly, but it's far from accurate either. (I mean it leaves out the captain of the women's team too, as well as the captain of the test team (which I hope is perceived as all as to be the more serious version of the game))

Comment

Good question put to Johnson in Dublin (to which he gave a non-answer of course):

When you talk about people being dead in ditches, there is a sense that you don’t really understand what is at stake here. When did you last visit the border? Do you still think it is like the border between Camden and Islington?

Comment

As far as I have seen it quoted he said "The England cricket captain was born in Dublin". It's not false, exactly, but it's far from accurate either. (I mean it leaves out the captain of the women's team too, as well as the captain of the test team (which I hope is perceived as all as to be the more serious version of the game))

I think you'd be surprised at how many people in ireland know that this isn't right. Even if you know next to nothing about cricket, We know there's a short version and a long version and that they're quite different things, because we only started playing the long version a couple of months ago, and lets just say that first english innings against Ireland didn't pass unnoticed.

In fairness, everything else he said was obviously nonsense. he was about as well received as when Robert Nairac went into a south armagh pub and asked for a "foaming pint of bitter, sure and begorrah."

Comment

Parliament prorogued from tonight

Comment

Why are MPs having another holiday they should just get on with the job and get us out Boris should tell them to get back to work its disgusting can the Queen do something? ...

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                        ...or if I sit on my arse at home and ignore the whole shitpile.
                                        Nah, eventually it'll bother you and you'll start cleaning.

Comment

So was that Boris Johnson’s one and only Prime Minister’s Questions?

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                              I've been having the problem that every time they mention Rebel MPs on the news I get a Rebel MC earworm.
                                              I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

The Speaker has spoken.

Standing down at the election.

Comment

...or 31 October if no election is called tonight. So in the latter scenario (which we know if going to be the case) then his replacement will be elected by the current set of MPs. And any votes on the Queen's Speech will be under his stewardship.

Comment

Dominic Grieve has demanded all Johnson & co’s WhatsApp and telegram messages

[URL]https://twitter.com/peston/status/1171101349326610432?s=21[/URL]

[URL]https://twitter.com/benpbradshaw/status/1171100881636548608?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X