No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, he's not going to be the one to shut them down.

It will be interesting to see how he handles "we're taking control of our borders too".

Comment

He may manufacture a "crisis" that "justifies" him having some passport checks at some future point, to show "we're in control"; especially when the Trump comparison is made (as above).

Comment

This is proper delusional:

Comment

Cummings knows that bald faced lies are the most effective with their base.

Is that the Express? A Diana Wants Brexit headline can't be far behind.

Comment

That is the Express, a copy of which currently adorns our staffroom.

Comment

Set fire to it.

Comment

I'm not sure that I'd keep my job.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Cummings knows that bald faced lies are the most effective with their base.

Is that the Express? A Diana Wants Brexit headline can't be far behind.
                  Truly, it would be the People's Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                    I'm not sure that I'd keep my job.
                    You'll regret not having done it in a couple of months time.

Comment

Frankly I think I could use it for self-immolation on the steps of 10 Downing Street and it not make any difference to what happens in a couple of months time.

Comment

That is the Express, a copy of which currently adorns our staffroom.
                        Where do you work -in incontinence supplies or Wetherspoons?

Comment

Frankly I think I could use it for self-immolation on the steps of 10 Downing Street and it not make any difference to what happens in a couple of months time.
                          Heh,ithat's not quite what I was driving at.

Comment

I work for a GP surgery. Our caretaker buys the Express and leaves it for others to enjoy, it's not supplied officially.

Comment

Think you should remove it on health grounds, it’s likely to have a bad effect on people with high blood pressure

Comment

Judging by the innate anger of its readers, I'd say they all already have high blood pressure. Which is why they're in the Doctor's waiting room in the first place.

Comment

It's extraordinary how fucking awful a large chunk of the British press is...especially when you remember all the self-glorification that happend when the Leveson business was going on.

Comment

It isn't really surprising given their ownership, but it does mean that the acquiescence of outlets like the BBC is more destructive than it would be otherwise

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/gameoldgirl/status/964477308286402560?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Nice juxtapositions of QE2, May, Trump and Alzheimer's.

Comment

It does kind of look like the Express is a parody of its own Alzheimers, unable to remember the headline it published just yesterday.

Comment

Boris Johnson pulled interview after criticism by head of news, says Channel 4

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...y_to_clipboard

I suppose here's as good a place as any to put this. Boris Johnson again avoids the journalists that'll challenge him.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/janinegibson/status/1165867257819541504?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Interesting, thanks Nef.

In a huge shock to all, "EU sources" are saying that if the UK doesn't pay the "exit bill" (as Johnson has been talking about), there will be no discussions on a future trade deal.

Comment

The irony, Johnson caught telling pork pies about pork pies.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X