No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The death of the UK can't come soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke R View Post

Theres a protest almost every other week down town these days, usually about eco stuff. I'm sure those present are good thinking but for many who just want to get on with their day-to-day lives, it feels a bit like white noise, at best.
      I'm sure if they were financed by a huge amount of unaccounted for Russian money, their pet projects would be turned into the major issue of the day too.

Comment

Ignore poster function. Remember the ignore poster function.

Comment

Argh, it's not working.

Comment

Fixed, aces.

Comment

Engage with the enemy?

Anyway, FFS.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1164108955339120641?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                Replace with Union Flag as appropriate

Comment

Who are Kantar? Never heard of them. Reckon it can be ignored

Comment

I've heard of them. I'm sure it's an outlier, but given that the Tories are basically advocating Brexit and UKIP policy, it's not surprising that they are stealing their voters. Just depends on whether Johnson chooses to ignore economic reality and continue to do that, or accept economic reality and allow Brexit and UKIP to claim betrayal and get those voters back.

Comment

They are owned by WPP

there are some odd methodological differences which keep the Brexit Green and Labour vote down

[URL]https://twitter.com/anthonyjwells/status/1164107641846751233?s=21[/URL]

Comment

EU to blame for football's new handball rule, claims Ian Holloway

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard

Hmmm.

Comment

I'd trust Anthony Wells judgement on it. The prompt methodology isn't that odd though, I think lots of pollsters don't prompt for "minor" parties.

Comment

Most do now in my experience.

They tend to be mentioned regardless.

Comment

Johnson's latest wheeze - a bilateral agreement with Ireland, whereby the latter would diverge from EU rules and join a common rulebook with the UK, in other words taking us out of the Single Market!

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1163966336395034624
                              Last edited by Diable Rouge; 21-08-2019, 11:24.

Comment

I've always thought that Ireland were desperate to become a part of the UK. Did I not get that right?

Comment

Hmm, Johnson really is insane.

Comment

Even setting aside all the insane aspects of the proposal, how is a common rulebook with Ireland for as long as necessary OK, but a common rulebook with the EU for as long as needed an affront to democracy?

Comment

For the brexiteers Ireland is a province. You'd expect them to have a common rulebook, just like you do for cricket or hunting.

Comment

Coming to terms with the need to seek out and stockpile medicine from unauthorised channels. Never thought I'd have to do this, I must say.

Comment

They're going to blame the whole thing on Ireland and EU intransigence. And the likes of Kuennsberg will do nothing to refute the narrative. Will Irish citizens be among those suddenly made illegal on Oct 31, or are the bastards still honoring the Common Travel Area?

Comment

The whole "we don't want a hard border, it's the nasty EU who'll do that" narrative needs to be squashed hard and fast by the Irish Govt and EU, it's gaining traction up north and well as on Racist Island.

Comment

The thing is, if there has to be some kind of infrastructure on the border then it won't be the UK putting it there. (Because, to be frank, they can't be arsed.) So that part will stick.

Comment

This tweeter speaks for me:-

https://twitter.com/smolrobots/status/1164154243663749126

Comment

https://twitter.com/BorderIrish/status/1164146669686054912?s=20

Comment

If one thing Brexit has taught us, two decades on from the GFA, is that for large chunks of the English Right, anti-Irish racism is very definitely still a live phenomenon.

As for a GE not breaking the deadlock, I agree, it probably wouldn't. But we're so stuck in the jungle now that some kind of vote, any kind of vote, indicating the current democratic mood would provide some sort of pointer.

We can't go on like this, as the Supreme Architect of this whole mess once used to say.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X