What now?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
      Boris is a cunt.

Every Tory is a cunt.

What now?
      Funny you should use that word.

Jerry Hayes‏ @jerryhayes1
      Boris is a disloyal selfish psychotically ambitious cunt with more me me mes than Pavarotti. Yet nobody has the balls to sack him. Pathetic
      That's Jerry Hayes (Con, Harlow, 1983-97)

Comment

The Telegraph (Premium) reports Cabinet heavyweights lining up behind Johnson.

Michael Gove and Priti Patel back Boris Johnson's bold Brexit vision to claw back £350m NHS cash
        Is that it? Most notorious backstabber plus the not very bright international development secretary. Johnson hasn't even got Foxy in his corner?

Should a Tory newspaper be trying to chuck out a Tory Prime Minister?

Comment

If they think May is certain to lose the next election, it makes sense, but the obvious flaw is that May only got the job because the alternatives were worse. Why is Boris a good choice now when he was so toxic 12 months ago?

Comment

Come on, all. Johnson is setting out a serious and well worked plan to take us forward which will surely impress our European friends and soon to be bespoke partners with its clarity, grasp of detail and refusal to pander to the narrow and obsolescent membership of his own party while the country's future hangs in the balance.

His weight and posture increasingly resemble those of The Penguin. In the 24 hour media age, might his sheer grotesqueness serve as a brake on his ambitions?

Comment

Johnson's plan going well. Stop lying, says head of UK Stats. Well nearly. He just says "clear misuse" and "surprised and disappointed", but a stiff letter.
              Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 17-09-2017, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                Funny you should use that word.
                Not sure what this means, but I can understand if you don't like me using the word. I mean, if you're calling me one then it's probably a fair cop, but I'll stand by the sentiment of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  Not sure what this means, but I can understand if you don't like me using the word. I mean, if you're calling me one then it's probably a fair cop, but I'll stand by the sentiment of my post.
                  God no!

I was pointing out an ex-Tory MP used the same word!

Comment

Ah, right. Don't think I've woken up fully yet.

Comment

Best way to read Johnson's article, apparently.

Something about Minitel and Google was the best bit I saw.

Comment

This is all a little odd. I thought Johnson was waiting until after a deal was done before trying for another coup, so he didn't get the blame for the massive fuck-up that is Brexit.

Comment

Same here, though perhaps he is more obsessed with being PM in the short term than being in the post for any significant period of time.

Which would fit with much of his "career" to date, actually.

Comment

I wonder if May was about to kick him out? Or perhaps he actually believes this rubbish.

Comment

Thread, as people say.

Alison McGovern‏Verified account
                              @Alison_McGovern
                              Follow
                              More
                              THREAD: Some notes I made in Treasury Select Committee HMRC hearing yesterday 1/n

Alison McGovern‏Verified account @Alison_McGovern Sep 15
                              More
                              Replying to @Alison_McGovern
                              HMRC are currently in the midst of changing to a new customs system. But it’s a new system that wouldn’t cope if there is no deal.

More
                              The current system can manage 55million customs transactions. New one = 100m. Estimate needed for hard Brexit? 250million

More
                              (Current HMRC customs change project has ‘amber’ warning from Infrastructure and Projects Authority)

More
                              There are 26 bodies across Government with a presence at UK border. This needs to be simplified.

More
                              But the ‘one government at the border’ project has been stopped given Brexit complications.

More
                              Plus, there are 130,000 British exporting companies that currently have no red-tape to deal with, but will have to after Brexit.

More
                              HMRC *need* to know what deal will be so they sort process. To meet 2019 deadline, they need to know by *latest* April 2018, pref sooner.

More
                              But negotiations are still about exit. Haven’t even started on new deal yet.

More
                              Am I the only one wondering why Brexiteers – especially ministers - haven’t got more to say? [fin.]

Comment

On a related note. The thinktank is one of the better ones.

LONDON (Reuters) - The introduction of post-Brexit customs checks could cost traders more than 4 billion pounds a year, according to a think tank report released on Monday.

The British government has said it plans to leave the European Union’s customs union when it leaves the bloc, and it wants to negotiate a new relationship that will ensure trade is as free of friction as possible.

In its report ‘Implementing Brexit: Customs’, the Institute for Government said the government needed to offer as much certainty as possible to business and help them plan for changes to customs.
                                I don't know if they've included the Legatum Institute's robot eyes customs drones in the cost.

Comment

Fuck me.

Johnson's written a letter back to the head of UK Statistics, accusing him of "wilful misrepresentation". It's complete rubbish. This is really out on a limb stuff- even Gove rowed back on "plunging down international league tables" after he got told off by UK Stats.

Comment

The Prime Bullshitter is trying to bullshit it out then.

I hear he's got a PlayStation 5 as well. He got it off his uncle in Japan. No, you can't go round to see it.

Comment

Does he even know what the rebate is? He seems to think that's money spent in the UK on what the EU tells us to.

Comment

Is Leo Varadkar really going to put his foot down with Britain? I do hope so.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ks-806207.html

Comment

Weird that our newspapers didn't pick that up yesterday.

Comment

It is.

Ireland's always been a bit funny though, hence it's not been allowed membership of Dan Hannan's Anglosphere. For the laugh to end all laughs v Brexiters, we need to see Malta wielding a veto. George Cross, Commonwealth..

Comment

the irish are Untermenschen- so are the Maltese for goodness sake. Only the Aussies and the Canadians and perhaps, bizarrely, the Japanese

Comment

The Aussies are sounding a bit Europhile these days, and all.

Comment

It'll all be fine. Soft power, language and Heritage. We'll rebuild the White Empire. And India.

Comment

Soft power must be all that Terry Thomas mugging that Boris has been doing on the telly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X