Clear All

Good grief!

[URL]https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1130450037669015552[/URL]

Comment

Ha ha.
      https://thebrexitparty.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        Well, there are probably 60% of people who will automatically say whatever either leader does is a bad job. There would be literally nothing they could do that would register otherwise, not even breathing. But is it that surprising that swathes of actual Labour supporters think Corbyn is doing badly on this, which is what that poll implies?
        Last edited by Janik; 20-05-2019, 14:05.

Comment

It's usually an aggregate of all voters who replied, not just Labour ones.
          And is just on the EU issue.

Comment

(To Janik).

Well, I suppose that depends whether you think that by trying to keep both Labour Remainers and Labour Leavers as happy as possible, given that neither side is getting what they want out of the party leadership, Corbyn & Co. have been playing a blinder, been hopelessly feeble or somewhere in between. Until fairly recently there was a feeling that they'd done a good job of not committing themselves one way or the other and had allowed the Conservatives to push the self-destruct button. But the mood seems to have shifted, probably since the WA votes, and the public perception is now that their position is weak and dishonest rather than clever and calculating.

Mind you, 25% thinking May's doing a good job is astonishing. Maybe some people just applaud her indefatigability and ability to get out of bed each morning for another daily dose of abuse and disappointment.

Comment

Labour and Plaid Cymru level in Senedd polling:

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1130530433962303490

http://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1130530632541581312

Comment

Hahahahaha

Can we just lock them all in a brightly lit pub in which everyone smokes (punishment for not smoking - the cane), where they pay for their pints of beer and peanuts sold by the ounce in shillings and farthings and anyone found not holding a blue passport gets hung?

(It's 2017, but still. Holy shit, these people)

Comment

I know you're all girding your loins in eager anticipation for the latest TM press statement at 4 p.m.

Comment

I see Farage, sorry, The Brexit Party, have banned Channel 4 from their media events.

Straight outta Trumpton.

Comment

FT:
                      Some members of the cabinet interpreted angry comments by Chris Grayling as a prelude to his possible resignation, although allies of Mr Grayling denied he was about to walk out of the cabinet
                      Please be true, please be true

Comment

How does somebody like Chris Grayling have 'allies'? I get that Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Rudd etc have them, but who could possibly back either Grayling's opinions, or competency?

Comment

I suspect that they're just people who have similarish views and don't find him unbearable company, as long as he's not spending money on their behalf, Graylingism having yet to establish itself as the political philosophy of the age.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...deal-live-news

So, May promises Parliament a vote on another referendum if her WA is passed.

Comment

She's doing the best she can, and who knows?

Comment

She still hasn't said what her "new" customs plan is, has she?

Comment

She's managed to make it worse, which takes some doing.

Comment

At least the word referendum passed her lips.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      She's doing the best she can, and who knows?
                                      Which has, of course, been fucking brilliant so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        She's managed to make it worse, which takes some doing.
                                        Fella, it's Theresa May.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Which has, of course, been fucking brilliant so far.
                                          I hope she continues in the same vein.

Comment

If and when May goes (I mean obviously it's imminent and equally obvious her promises may as well be written in the wind or in running water if it means she can cling on to office) she could be something of an interesting wild card.

On the one hand she may maintain the fraying convention of keeping it buttoned so as not to undermine her successor and indeed the Conservative Party. On the other hand she may not.

Too many mays there. But what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                              If and when May goes (I mean obviously it's imminent and equally obvious her promises may as well be written in the wind or in running water if it means she can cling on to office) she could be something of an interesting wild card.

On the one hand she may maintain the fraying convention of keeping it buttoned so as not to undermine her successor and indeed the Conservative Party. On the other hand she may not.

Too many mays there. But what can you do.
                                              Ironically, there have also probably been too many Mays, in the sense of contorting herself to satisfy all the wings of her party.

Comment

I knew there was a gag there I couldn't find.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                  And seat projections of:

Labour 20
                                                  Plaid Cymru 13
                                                  Brexit 13
                                                  Tories 7
                                                  Greens 5
                                                  Lib Dems 2

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1130940872445579264

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X