No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was just the words and intentions of whatever changes are made to the PD that Labour want to somehow entrench in law, in case May's successor decides to push for a hard Brexit.

Comment

Putting my collector's hat on, these passports will surely become valuable in future years, given the window between burgundy and blue will end in October.
      Last edited by Diable Rouge; 06-04-2019, 08:15.

Comment

Good, as I'm getting one next week.

Comment

I got my renewal recently, it still has "European Union" on it.

(The old passports were black)

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            I got my renewal recently, it still has "European Union" on it.

Like priest socks.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xo524wVBeu7fvKy89

Comment

Are we going to have to go through another whole year of this bollocks?

Comment

The old ones were a very dark blue, I thought.

Comment

Yeah, navy blue.

Comment

Betty Boothroyd - Christ, we desperately need more of her sort in politics.

Comment

Black. Absolutely definitely black. Without question.

Comment

White and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          Black. Absolutely definitely black. Without question.

Comment

Is that supposed to prove that they were blue? It looks black on my screen.

Comment

Oh, it looks navy blue on mine.

How about from Wiki: "A 32-page passport with a dark cover, commonly known as the old blue style, came into use in 1920 with the formation of the Passport Service following international agreement on a standard format for passports, and remained in use until replaced by the European Union-style machine-readable passport in late 1988."

Comment

There's an actual fucking unicorn on the cover. Does it have a picture of a cake on the back?

Comment

Haha - very good.

Comment

BTW, that unicorn represents Scotland. Chained, too, you'll notice.

The cake on the back is a victoria sponge rampant.

Comment

I went and looked at an old passport, held in my hand, and it was black.

Comment

It appears to be a thing: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...assport-colour

Comment

Deffo a thing, yeah. They didn't used to insist it was blue, but now they do. It was black.

Comment

To be honest if we can have any colour for it I'd rather it was orange or turquoise or kelly green rather than those drab brownish/dark navy shades that most countries seem to stick to.

Loving the Swiss one by the way, no fussy coat of arms for that lot. If they'd used Helvetica on the cover it'd be a proper piece of classic Swiss design.

Comment

Kelly Green is an Australian singer. Born in the United Kingdom, she migrated to Australia in 1956, her singing career began in Sydney at the age of 15. Green grew up in a musical family – her father, Norman Sherratt, was a guitarist and her older twin sisters, Christine and Norma, were also singers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                                To be honest if we can have any colour for it I'd rather it was orange or turquoise or kelly green rather than those drab brownish/dark navy shades that most countries seem to stick to.

Loving the Swiss one by the way, no fussy coat of arms for that lot. If they'd used Helvetica on the cover it'd be a proper piece of classic Swiss design.
                                                It looks pretty nice inside too....

Comment

'Oway TonTon. Bright shade of mid-green. Although apparently it's an americanism.

Comment

Appaz the singer woman was named after the shade.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X