No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand the use of "landbridge" here.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
      The clunking sound you might hear in the background is the DUP frantically backpedalling towards a Brexit of the CU/SM variety.

Meanwhile, it appears 2.5 times the volume of Irish exports is already being delivered by sea to France, rather than through the landbridge, the problem being it's virtually impossible to transport agricultural produce by that route due to perishability.
      Well, at least Dodds's comments back up what I've assumed for a while, that the DUP would prefer a Soft Brexit to a Hard Brexit with the backstop attached. If they'd been clear and honest about that months ago it would have helped!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        In fairness, ye do have a massive global reputation for political violence going back centuries. I don't think that Global affairs Canada is vaguely aware of how sick and tired everyone is of the whole thing at this stage.
        We also shoot Brazilian electricians for being Arabs. Who knows what we would do to Canadians?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          I don't understand the use of "landbridge" here.
          Basically, GB itself is the landbridge, saving up to 12 hours in transit time between Dublin and Calais, rather than roundabout sailings via Roscoff or Cherbourg - obviously time is less important with chemicals, electronics etc, but vital for food exports.

Comment

Ok. It seems an odd usage to me, but that's clear anyway ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

May has staked everything on delivering Brexit according to the "will of the people". The 48% don't matter. Even if she has to resign immediately after, she will No Deal and argue for the rest of time that she delivered on the referendum.
              This is what I truly dont understand. If accepted will of people mean 52% why not give them what they voted for. Which is Brexit. May could have delivered that in such simplistic terms. But she got distracted about back stops & need for DUP. Ask Leavers if they cared about how Ireland was affected & they would vote same again..

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/holland_tom/status/1111537881842180097[/URL]

Tom Holland is such a fatuous Panglossian BritNat cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post

We also shoot Brazilian electricians for being Arabs. Who knows what we would do to Canadians?
                  There actually was a white Canadian who got caught up in the Windrush debacle and was featured by the Guardian. I think she lived in Wolverhampton or maybe Stoke. Same as the others, came to the UK as a young women in the early 70s I think when Commonwealth citizens had freedom of movement to the UK, lived her life, then got asked to prove she had a right to be in the UK after almost 50 years.

edit: found it https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...argaret-obrien
                  Last edited by Flynnie; 29-03-2019, 22:56.

Comment

Now that it's eleven, happy Non-Brexit Day?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/gabriel_pogrund/status/1111767579792683008?s=21[/URL]

Comment

The start of the cull?

Comment

This is really going to hollow out the Tories to a hard/far right core that please their decrepit evil membership.

Comment

It doesn't matter. Are people going to stop voting for tories because the candidates are despicable, stupid people?

Comment

Obviously not, but it will probably make the next government even more awful. I don't see a path to victory for Labour, there's too many suburbs and rural bastards that are true blue forever no matter what shit awful Monday Club candidate is shat upon them, even if the Nats and Labour end up in a loose pact.
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 30-03-2019, 00:17.

Comment

The final defeat of the Wets/Free Marketers with some connection to rationality.

Comment

Will be grimly amusing watching Ruth Davidson and Mundell nod along with whatever new horror is hatched by their new unhinged Westminster betters.

Comment

The bloke who led the campaign against Grieve was an ex-Kipper.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/u...ieve-gggd29xk9

Comment

Well apart from Alan Sked and now Yaxley-Lennon, just about every Kipper cunt was ex Tory. Makes sense they'd let the cunts back inside the tent to cover it in liquid shit.

Comment

Basically, GB itself is the landbridge, saving up to 12 hours in transit time between Dublin and Calais, rather than roundabout sailings via Roscoff or Cherbourg - obviously time is less important with chemicals, electronics etc, but vital for food exports.
                                        More like a stepping stone than a bridge

Comment

Just over 300 people voted, 182 remove a fairly decent politician. He's done his job that's all.

Could you imagine the coverage if this was Labour getting rid of Hoey? I'm pretty sure there will be little in the press about this.
                                          Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 30-03-2019, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            The bloke who led the campaign against Grieve was an ex-Kipper.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/u...ieve-gggd29xk9
                                            More aptly he is a pantomime producer.

Dominic Grieve loses confidence vote held by Beaconsfield Tories

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y_to_clipboard

Labour has no hope of winning this seat I'd guess, persuade Grieve to run as an independent and don't oppose him against whichever Kipper the Tories run.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                              Could you imagine the coverage if this was Labour getting rid of Hoey? I'm pretty sure there will be little in the press about this.
                                              I think you will find it was a Momentum backed false flag operation. CCOOORRRBBBBBYYYYNNNNN!

Comment

Tony Connelly with another excellent article on how the Border could potentially be kept infrastructure-free in a no deal scenario.

Comment

Tony Connelly with another excellent article on how the Border could potentially be kept infrastructure-free in a no deal scenario.
                                                  Yes, that is very good. It's quite long so I only skimmed through it but it's very comprehensive.

I was going to make a couple of observations but, frankly, I think we all need a break from this subject for a while!

Comment

I've not kept up the past 10 days / 40 pages.

What's the situation now?

(Sorry)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X