No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, they can't have another vote without getting an A50 extension first.

Comment

Hilary Benn is not dropping his amendment, and nor should he - the "promises" given by Lidington at the dispatch box were the usual contorted, conditional bollocks, but it may be enough to buy off some of his own side. Benn's amendment will be hampered by the wording of needing MPs from five different parties to endorse any motion to go forward into the indicative votes.

Comment

Front page of the South Wales Echo: Cardiff Council is telling schools to start stockpiling food.

Front page of the Daily Express: "Don't let the bullies stop Brexit!"

The sooner we ban English newspapers from Wales the better.

Comment

What happens if more than one proposition gains a majority in the indicative voting? Presumably you'd want the propositions to be mutually exclusive to a degree that makes it possible for only one to gain a majority?

Comment

I think at the moment having even one way forward that commands a majority seems a long way off. Having more than one doesn't seem like something that needs to concern us overly

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
              Also, they can't have another vote without getting an A50 extension first.
              This probably explains it better https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/sta...23658387849216

Comment

Wollaston defeated.

Comment

85 votes doesn't seem too shabby, with neither major party in favour?

Comment

Now the real fireworks should happen.

Comment

Apologies, first up, it's the amendment to the amendment.

Comment

This is good

The problem is not so much Theresa May – it’s that Britain is now ungovernable

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

Comment

18 Labour Noes to Wollaston:

http://twitter.com/ParlyApp/status/1106245760876756992

Comment

Amendment to I itself defeated 314-311, so now the most likely Government defeat beckons.

Comment

I confess I've got totally confused. What's the Benn amendment?

Comment

It's the indicative vote one?

Comment

And who's whipping what?

Sorry for all the questions

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                    And who's whipping what?

Sorry for all the questions
                                    Labour voting Aye to all these amendments, the Tories No, but multiple abstentions likely.

Yes, Benn would give the Commons control over asking indicative votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                      Weirdly one is Lloyd Russell-Moyle, who signed Wes Streeting's "we still back People's Vote, just not this amendment" letter. I wonder if that's an FU to Wollaston and the IG.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                        I wonder if that's an FU to Wollaston and the IG.
                                        This definitely looks like one.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1106239793309122560

Comment

Lloyd went both ways, which is odd.

Comment

Cheers DR

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                              Oh sure, but I'm talking about LR-M breaking the whip to vote No when he's been a staunch Remainer since day 1 and signed Wes Streeting's letter.

Comment

If this is confusing for the rest of us just think how befuddled Chris Grayling must be.

Comment

What are the objections to indicative votes? Seems like a no brainer to me.

It's just about May desperately clinging to her deal/no deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    If this is confusing for the rest of us just think how befuddled Chris Grayling must be.
                                                    https://twitter.com/andybell5news/status/1106190286332534785

Comment

Working...
                                                    X