No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When she said the words "second referendum" a huge "Yes!" went up from the benches. The look of furious contempt on her face was palpable.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      There would be a lot of Tory MPs campaigning on a platform they don't believe in (pro-Deal, anti-New Referendum). Very difficult to predict the result because the voters will often vote according to their view of the MP's stance rather than the party's stance. Some remainers will be chucked out (perhaps even Yvette Cooper as her constituency is gammon despite being normally safe Labour).
      but if the majority of Labour voters in her gammon land voted Remain she'll prob be safe...
      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-03-2019, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
        When she said the words "second referendum" a huge "Yes!" went up from the benches. The look of furious contempt on her face was palpable.
        She is incredibly stubborn, she prob would refuse to leave office after losing an election.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

suggests an election is likely- as does Watson getting his group together in some tandem with them
          If you have evidence for this you should report it to the party.

Comment

Europe will crack any minute ...

http://twitter.com/ManfredWeber/status/1105578179023069191

http://twitter.com/larsloekke/status/1105566526671908866

http://twitter.com/MinPres/status/1105562594495086598

Comment

Pedro Sanchez uses a Brexit analysis to target his domestic rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post

If you have evidence for this you should report it to the party.
                just circumstantial

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1105210319687897090

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                  Maybe, but that's not the only possible outcome of no extension. Even without an extension, the UK can withdraw A50 unilaterally up until March 29 (and start all over again, if they want).
                  Only with a parliamentary vote, though. Interesting question as to whether a vote against no deal counts.

Comment

http://twitter.com/JP_Biz/status/1105590511757377536

Comment

Barry Gardiner is a prize gobshite. I don't think I've ever seen him interviewed before. He's sitting there with nadeem brexitloon. The pair of them have managed to make Ian paisley jr seem reasonable and he's actually talking about making the EU blink.

This isn't great lads. Meanwhile in looking up Barry Gardiner

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1105567003090259968/video/1

is this still going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                        I wouldn’t trust everything you read in the Spectator. I’m not Tom Watson’s biggest fan (anyone who voted for him as Deputy Leader should have known what they’re getting) but the day seven of your MPs leave seems like a damn good time to start or bring forward efforts to appease the moderates still present.

If Watson had set his website up weeks previously like the TIG one, then that might be something. But this just reads like a Tory attempt to stir up Labour.
                        Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 12-03-2019, 23:11.

Comment

yes you might be right tobe fair.I imagine there've been a lot of conversations going on. I imagine there's quite a lot of crossover between the people Chuka asked if they want to be in his gang and the people who are now in Tom Watson's gang . (And I believe they may both share the same funder, but I can'd find that link at the moment)

Comment

doesnt that contravene WTO rules completely? Fuckin rogue state asking for an invasion.

Comment

So. Under a no deal exit, it seems the government plans to create the Pirate Republic of Northern Ireland.

Comment

Sounds like she's trying to bring her deal back for a third time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                  Sounds like she's trying to bring her deal back for a third time.
                                  That's the plan, hence the "default position" wording in the Government's motion tonight.

Apparently the Cabinet is split badly on next steps and tactics. The Government has given a free vote on the main motion and has said it intends to whip against the amendments. However there is support in the Cabinet for the 'Malthouse' fiasco and potential resignations if the Government goes ahead and whips against it. Hammond is pushing a cross-party solution, being a thinly veiled customs union option. And still May clings to the deal.

Comment

The Malthouse Compromise sounds like an episode of Yes Minister, or Trollope novel.

Comment

Anyone else think "Future Britain", as a name, has a somewhat far-right ring to it?

Comment

It's been made clear again by other EU members that the deal, including the backstop, cannot be re-negotiated. Second referendum on the deal is basically what's left.

Comment

Even though I love an election in general, I'm quite worried about the prospect of there being Euro elections in the UK in May as a result of us not having left yet. The chances are that voters would treat it as even more of a consequence-less free hit than they did Euro elections in the past, which would mean a big vote for the far right and, less alarmingly, perhaps more dabbling with TIG than would happen in a general election. It'll be awful anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                            The Malthouse Compromise sounds like an episode of Yes Minister, or Trollope novel.
                                            Or a chess move, or a folk rock band.

Comment

Big Bang Theory episode.

Comment

Stuck on the politics today show on BBC there and saw a bunch of youngish people on and LK. It turned out that the people I didn't recognize were all MPs. It seems like there is an entire new generation of Dross and gobshites out there, waiting to step in, when the current generation of senior MPs all step down at the next election to run away from what they've just done.

Comment

Some speculation online that a trip to Italy by Wigmore and Banks was to convince Salvini to reject any extension of Art 50....

Comment

So, sovereignty of the UK is to be determined by Italy.

I would how many roubles Banks and Wigmore promised.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X