The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    She will keep playing the Commons for chumps for as long as they will let her.
    I know it's far from an original observation but what a piss pot of a country we've turned into. Not just the fact she's pulling this stunt, but more so the fact she's inevitably going to get away with it.

Comment

It does her no harm that Robbie Gibb her head of Communications was the head of politics programming at the BBC until he went to work for her.

looking forward to Berbaslug’s diatribe against Corbyn fr this

Comment

Fancy another 21 months of Brexit?

Comment

I don't know Nef, I pointed out a couple of years ago that someone seemed to have replaced Theresa may's personality with a series of pathologies. There's something seriously wrong with her, but she's able to hide them behind supposed English virtues that became popular during the empire, like Duty, self sacrifice in the face of an implacable foe, and a willingness to see things through to the end. You know Like General fucking Gordon. I used to puzzle as to why she was so wedded to that 100,000 net migration figure, which came from nowhere. I always got the strange impression that she wasn't xenophobic as such (Largely because I don't think she's great with the concept of other people, let alone groups of people or having preferences between them) It seemed like she was simply obsessed with the promise.

There is something really off about her, but then again that could be said for most of the carnival of the grotesque that makes up the senior echelons of the Tory Party. Theresa May being completely unsuitable for public life, let alone public office doesn't make Corbyn any less of a car crash. He should be crushing her week in, week out, but once again it's like watching a sheep having an altercation with a vending machine.

Comment

She isn't xenophobic. She's out and out racist. She also doesn't like poor people.

anyway Ian Duncan Smith would like to let you know that you have a nice little Republic and it would be ahsame if anything were to happen to it.

https://twitter.com/MikeyMike1/status/1099758823479435265

Comment

"it's like watching a sheep having an altercation with a vending machine."

That is brilliant. Spot on.

Comment

Would a majority of MPs vote to extend Article 50, with or without May's consent? If yes, how do we get there despite May's obstructionism? It seems to me that this is the crunch question at this point.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-02-2019, 20:40.

Comment

I presume the Opposition would vote for it, if it ultimately comes down to a choice between that and no deal.

Comment

They have already said they would a few weeks ago.

Comment

See nef, you're making an assumption there, which is that she likes anyone at all. I see no evidence that she really thinks in those terms. I think you're just seeing her disregard for selective groups, but if you take a step back those may just be special cases of a wider disregard for everyone.

Comment

She seems to like Philip.

Comment

And this Italian bloke

[URL]https://twitter.com/giuseppeconteit/status/1099787057982001154?s=21[/URL]

Comment

WTF? Next thing we know, somebody will be teaching Theresa how to throw a dart in the direction of a dartboard.

Comment

http://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1100013802408554496

Comment

Her inability to think ahead is truly staggering. My toddler has a more strategic view on the world than she does - he hides some of his dummies for later at least.

Comment

Labour announce backing for second referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                    Labour announce backing for second referendum.
                                    No, must be a lie, cos TAB has been telling us that Corbyn would never go down that line, and would be fucking his supporters, and they're all to dim to realise it, or something...

Comment

And all it took was the threatened rupture of the party, the loss of 9 mps and a fuckmountain of negative publicity.

Does this public vote include the option of staying in the EU? I haven't been able to see any reference to it. And it's something that they will go for, only after pushing for a cakey cake brexit that resembles a fanciful version of EFTA without calling it that.

At this point it might just be better for the UK to Leave and take what is coming to it. Because if the UK stays in they will basically become super hungary, or Italy, and try to destroy it from the inside. .

Comment

All it took was a conference resolution, back in September. Which only a couple of days ago you were absolutely adamant that Labour wasn't going to honour. I think it's best to say 'it's OK, I misread it' in these situations.

Your last line could well be true though - I mentioned a while back that the best case I'd heard from a Labour Leave voter was that, as a dedicated Europhile, the EU is so much better off without the UK fucking up such a noble concept.

Comment

Whatever the motives I think this is brilliant news.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                            Whatever the motives I think this is brilliant news.
                                            Seconded

Comment

There is no guarantee at this point that such a referendum would have remain as an option.

Labour has said this evening that the second referendum portion of its move is aimed at preventing Theresa May from forcing through either her deal as it stands or no deal – not necessarily at stopping Brexit in any form.

If the prime minister were to adopt a Brexit stance Labour felt it could back, there would be no push for a second referendum.

Guardian minute by minute.

[/

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                                All it took was a conference resolution, back in September. Which only a couple of days ago you were absolutely adamant that Labour wasn't going to honour. I think it's best to say 'it's OK, I misread it' in these situations.
                                                If that was all it took, it would have happened immediately after they lost their no confidence vote. All that other stuff happened too.

Comment

Starmer said he would need Remain as an option the other week, as well as a Leave one. That'll be what comes to pass. Of course Lab won't formally push for it till their amendment is defeated (if it weren't, then you're right it'll be the EFTA-type arrangement; a couple of years ago some would have bitten hands off for that) that's been the tactic all along..

Comment

Re Corbyn: better late than never. And what TAB said, as ever on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X