No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, so that's why he supports Manchester United, is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
      He's George Best's unacknowledged son. Possibly
      Sinéad Cusack, I believe.

Comment

Mark Francois is becoming another figurehead of Brexit. You can tell that guy knows everyting about deprivation....

Comment

"You had a plan in the same way I had a plan to have Andy Flower caught at third slip"

If nothing else, I'm glad Brexit Stress hasn't eroded Tubbs's time-honoured "I was Molly Sugden's bridesmaid" trope.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
            Ah, so that's why he supports Manchester United, is it
            Ha ha. A tap-in Kun Aguero would have appreciated.

Mark Francois. Another tin soldier who won WW2 single-handed despite being born in the 1960s

ps George Best once cut a Man U game at Highbury as he preferred to spend Saturday afternoon at Sinead Cusack's flat round the corner. That old come-to-Jesus hypocrite Busby could hardly complain, given that he also stayed with a girlfriend before away trips to London
            Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 14-02-2019, 13:03.

Comment

Corbyn to hold talks in Brussels next week - his plan wouldn't eliminate the need for a backstop currently, but perhaps the necessary tweaking can be suggested while he's over:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tadt-next-week

Comment

Can someone ask him not to give Barnier another Arsenal shirt, please.

Comment

Earlier on Thursday, the Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, expressed the growing dismay in EU capitals about the Brexit talks, and claimed that the UK was a “waning country” and too small to stand alone on the global stage.

A Downing Street spokesman hit back, claiming that employment was “at a record high, exports are at a record high, companies are continuing to invest in the UK. Deloitte named the UK as Europe’s leading destination for foreign direct investment just last month.”
                  Exports aren't at a record high. And anyway, that's like saying "my 10 year old kid is the tallest he's ever been".

Deloitte said that Brexit's impact on FDI wasn't yet known. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    Can someone ask him not to give Barnier another Arsenal shirt, please.
                    Clearly irony has not reached S.W. London.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

Clearly irony has not reached S.W. London.
                      No, I've read that a few times and still don't get it. Explain, please?

Comment

Corbyn's club preferences are well-known, but Barnier's never even mentioned soccer, AFAIK.

Comment

Muppets:

http://twitter.com/liliebayer/status/1095964005607374849

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                            Where wee you AdC? London? My parents generation in a northern mill town was vastly, light years different. No one joined the professional classes, although some by dint of luck and graft ended up solidly middle classs, economically speaking through their own businesses.
                            Stevenage. Not London, though it was within reach, but doing so was not made easy. I agree experiences elsewhere were not necessarily the same. I guess that's my point, there was a lot less homogeneity in post-secondary education in the fifties and sixties than exists today. An excellent book on this, at least as it applies to art education, is Art Schools in England 1945 to 1970: An anecdotal history by Hywel James. It mainly consists of interviews with students and teachers from that period. Their diversity of background, experience and age is striking. As are the cultural differences between the individual colleges

Comment

Barnier is a hiking man, about the only thing he found talking about with May easy I assume...

Comment

With apologies to MS, the sooner she fcuks off to Heidiland the better- ideally into the path of a avalanche

Comment

Another Irish Brexit dividend.

Comment

Soubry withdraws her amendment, on a promise of publication, while an ERG abstention means the Government motion faces defeat.

Comment

Labour motion loses by 16.

Comment

Government loses by 45.

Comment

This means?

Comment

Nothing but lots, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              This means?
                                              Mostly that the EU will laugh in her face when she looks for changes to the backstop.

Comment

They were going to do that anyway.

Comment

Ba-dum tish.

Comment

http://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1096107756782792704

Comment

Working...
                                                    X