No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK is truly beyond hope. It has to be no deal now.

Comment

They're a funny bunch, the DUP.

Comment

"Euro maniac"? Why the space, Sammy? Is it the currency you object to?

Comment

Isn't it the UK that wields Trident?

Comment

Interestingly, Liam Foxy has said that Article 24 GATT, or whatever it is, isn't a runner. Is he finally getting it, or just confident about No Deal?

Comment

I reckon Tusk's intemperate outburst was worth it just for Wilson's melodramatic response.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Kuennsberg really is a hateful nyaff. I guess she sees her job as to talk up Team GB.

Comment

I'm guessing Tusk was annoyed after discussing the consequences for Ireland of No Deal, a country that has not asked for any of this.

Good dig at Corbyn too btw...

Comment

Did he? I thought Labour had a hotline to the EU top table?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                      Isn't it the UK that wields Trident?
                      That jumped out at me too.

Comment

Without knowing anything about the source I genuinely thought this was satire.

Comment

Don't look on Google. One of the first results is Sammy's bare backside on a naturist holiday.

His day jobs pre-politics included A Level Economics examiner for NI

He's a racist wanker unsurprisingly

Comment

"Trident" is brilliant. Proper authentic man in the pub-style flourish, from God knows where.

Comment

hold on Sammy had a job to do with economics education?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                "Trident" is brilliant. Proper authentic man in the pub-style flourish, from God knows where.
                                the bible, or the man utd crest

Comment

Yeh, I was struggling with that, but I think it relates to the earlier "devilish euro maniac" comment, the "trident" presumably being the instrument of torment that Hob occasionally wields, though I'm not sure if that is exactly what it is:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 06-02-2019, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

the bible, or the man utd crest
                                    Or Neptune? Cheltenham's got a nice statue of him, complete with Trident. Anything similar in East Antrim?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yeh, I was struggling with that, but I think it relates to the earlier "devilish euro maniac" comment, the "trident" presumably being the instrument of torment that Hob occasionally wields, though I'm not sure if that is exactly what it is:

Its like fred the red, and that muscly kangaroo made a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        hold on Sammy had a job to do with economics education?
                                        He taught at Grosvenor High School (the Fat Hunter family own much of Belfast, as well as Cheshire and London SW1)

Recent Green Party leader Steven Agnew was a student. "Sammy was a good teacher. He should have stuck at it"

The school's most notable ex-pupil George Best didnt make it to A Levels. He was expelled aged 12 for persistent truancy

Comment

Or Neptune? Cheltenham's got a nice statue of him, complete with Trident. Anything similar in East Antrim?
                                          Most notorious is the lifesize King Billy in Carrick harbour Four foot nothing, hunchbacked, badly scarred by smallpox. The locals weren't best pleased but its still there

Comment

Has the BBC's distortion of Tusk's comment in their initial headline been mentioned? Predictably, Peter Bone has used the misquote in parliament but been corrected by an SNP MP ;

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-02-2019, 17:18.

Comment

The BBC are becoming the Alt-right

Comment

BBC News is just awful. Truly shit.

Comment

Is there anybody in Labour properly pushing for Greg Clark's resignation, for the blatant lie that Nissan hadn't been offered money? I looked at his shadow, Rebecca Long-Bailey who's reasonably on the ball. Can't see anything.

I mean, by the standards of the current Cabinet I think Clark's sane, but surely you shouldn't be able to get away with this?

Comment

Is there anybody in Labour properly pushing for Greg Clark's resignation, for the blatant lie that Nissan hadn't been offered money? I looked at his shadow, Rebecca Long-Bailey who's reasonably on the ball. Can't see anything.

I mean, by the standards of the current Cabinet I think Clark's sane, but surely you shouldn't be able to get away with this?
                                                    You can get away with anything if you're a Conservative, Tubby. Who's going to call you to account?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X