No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Trimble is taking a court case stating that the backstop breaches the GFA.

Comment

This is before Nissan. This is the moment of people think Labour (collectively, not just the leadership) have chucked in the towel. Even if you can't stop this clusterfuck, it's surely going to be an advantage in the future that you'd tried?

Tory Remainers don't get much attention, but Labour got a fair few of them last time. Aren't they as important important to Labour as these Labour voters "who just want us to get on with it"?

https://twitter.com/simonjhix/status/1092420886014189568

Comment

I see one frontbench chucker in of the towel, Emma Lewell Buck, in South Shields has retweeted something about Nissan but said nothing herself. Embarrassed?

If assume that this Nissan investment is gone for good. But I suppose Lewell Buck and others like Onn (who look like reasonable people, unlike some of the usual Kipperish backbenchers) will at least vote with Cooper/Grieve next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
          David Trimble is taking a court case stating that the backstop breaches the GFA.
          I'd like to see his working.

Comment

I bet it goes something like the Backstop is the sort of constitutional change that requires the approval of both communities, but I'm unconvinced that Brexit wouldn't fall under the same thing though.

Comment

There'd be a majority for the backstop wouldn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                I bet it goes something like the Backstop is the sort of constitutional change that requires the approval of both communities, but I'm unconvinced that Brexit wouldn't fall under the same thing though.
                He hasn't thought this through has he, the thinking man's bowler hatted bigot?

Comment

Arlene Foster has said, "Now is not the time for intransigence."

I got nothing.

Comment

Now is the time for Snarling Arlene to be imprisoned. Where the fcuk is that RHI Report?

Comment

The young Davy Trimble lived a few streets away from me. In his biog reminiscing about coming down to Duncairn Gardens to watch the rioting. At the time he was something of a playa himself, in VANGUARD ('Vaporise All Nationalists, Guarding Ulster Against Republican Domination'). There's a pic somewhere of him marching in shades and beret, looking a bit like Frank Spencer

His then brother-in-law (my near namesake Willie McCombe) was something of a local celebrity. He redefined as Tina and went through gender realignment sometime later- just in case anyone thinks dear old Ulster is still entirely stuck in some Binary Stone Age...

Comment

The only new thing we learnt from May is that she wants changes to the backstop, rather than its removal, so presumably time limits.

Comment

I can't even think about this any more.

Comment

The Singapore option of zero tariffs is being contemplated.

Comment

Singapore is a fuckin micro state (and one where almost every citizen lives in State owned housing- but that won't be in these cunts plans) . This has been the goal of ideologues like Foxy and their shady backers all along.

Tedious but often right Scots Nat/Tech blogger Gordon Guthrie has been warning of the danger of Henry VIII Powers for two years now (he lived in 80s/90s Nordie land and had experience of their baleful effects first hand).
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 05-02-2019, 21:58.

Comment

A zero tariff UK in steep recession seems like the only situation in which a Bennite siege economy would actually be allowed to work. That would be Corbyn’s dream.

Comment

God spare us Bennite dreams.

Comment

Apart from the Commonwealth of Britain, of course.

Comment

Nah fuck that too, except as a precursor to a full Ukania break up.

Comment

At least there's some good news, with John Humphrys retiring from the radio.

Comment

It was probably the death threats from Graham Norton

Comment

Thank fuck. Horrible kipper fuck. Another I wish many bad days upon. Hopefully Sarah Sands is next to go from the now worthless Today on R4.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                              It was probably the death threats from Graham Norton

Whit?

Comment

It was a joke.

meanwhile in Grantham news. EIM will be so proud.

Comment

Ha. It's got a genuine touch of Stalinist social-realism about it. Has to be intentional.

Comment

http://twitter.com/eucopresident/status/1093112742293266435

Comment

Working...
                                                    X