X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learned a new word today that seems appropriate here - ochlocracy

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
      Corbyn is also talking about a backstop that UK can't unilaterally withdraw from as unacceptable. I'm hoping from ignorance rather than triangulating cynicism.
      Yeah. Very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Usory View Post
        "Jo Cox was killed by a nutter"?

And what stoked that nuttery?

Each and every member of UKIP, and everyone in Leave.EU.

​​​​​
        I agree.

Comment

Does it really matter at this point? It doesn't matter if he's malign or just stupid, he's just fucking terrible.

Comment

Didn't they vote 600-24 against that...

Comment

I don't know why people are so upset by the prospect of some right wing nuts losing the plot and turning violent. The UK Govt is perfectly capable of shooting unarmed people in the street, and locking people up without trial, and conspiring with criminals to murder their political opponents. You'll be fine. As long as they remember to murder and imprison the right people.

Comment

I mean, the idea of 'calling the whole thing off' angers even me
                The idea of not fucking up the country for 50 years angers you? You know what angers me? Idiots fucking up my son's future because they don't like foreigners.

In 3 years anyone who still remembered it would be too embarrassed to admit it. And the idea that we shouldn't act in the best interests of the country in case some racist gets narky - well I thought we didn't pander to terrorists?

Comment

If the UK wants to honour the referendum, move on from Brexit and not be idiotic about it then it should join the EFTA and remain in the EEA. Anything else isn’t going to end the conversation - rejoining the EU will be the biggest political topic in the country until we rejoin the EU. Which will be tied to the hardness of Brexit, the harder the Brexit the sooner we’ll rejoin. Leavers will become harder to find and not just because a sizeable portion will be dead. Demographics make that pretty likely to happen.

I find it truly remarkable the game both parties are playing. The Tories will bleed votes due to this disaster and Corbyn is alienating his own membership and specifically his biggest backers. If the Labour right had the political nous God gave a squirrel, they would make much more hay with this. Instead they seem mainly trapped in a self-congratulatory bleating if I told you so. But a soft left candidate who doesn’t deviate too far from domestic Corbynism but is explicitly pro-EU could make real inroads.

Comment

At this point to midnight I can't believe Labour are still anti SM on triangulating grounds, that The Irish Question is so carelessly dealt with. It's really worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      At this point to midnight I can't believe Labour are still anti SM on triangulating grounds, that The Irish Question is so carelessly dealt with. It's really worrying.
                      I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they are basically thinking “Yeah, cool, we hope there’s a border poll. Tiocfaidh ár lá.”

Comment

fucking gobshites.

Comment

They are taking British exceptionalism to its logical conclusion.

Comment

Excellent piece by Gary Younge

Comment

Hmmmm.

Comment

There's nothing noble about voting to make the world how you want it, if how you want it is more racist and insular.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                  I don't know why people are so upset by the prospect of some right wing nuts losing the plot and turning violent. The UK Govt is perfectly capable of shooting unarmed people in the street, and locking people up without trial, and conspiring with criminals to murder their political opponents. You'll be fine. As long as they remember to murder and imprison the right people.
                                  Aye, they've got a great record in that...

Comment

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1091296266171138048

Comment

The new Chemical Brothers album has a Very Brexit Cover.

Comment

So the evidence this customs arrangement might happen is a German think tank have proposed it? It might, but why should the EU concede that?

Anyway, we're still left with "strong single market relationship".

Comment

Kev I think you mean post brexit....

Comment

That is what I mean, yeah. That Mad Max Dystopia we've been so looking forward not to experience.

Can you see the big crazy face in (between) the clouds?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              So the evidence this customs arrangement might happen is a German think tank have proposed it? It might, but why should the EU concede that?

Anyway, we're still left with "strong single market relationship".
                                              Turkey being a member of EUCU and having multiple independent FTAs is an example of this isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Turkey being a member of EUCU and having multiple independent FTAs is an example of this isn't it?
                                                I meant having a vote on the EU trade deals. Turkey doesn't get that.

Comment

Ah right. If I'm reading the proposal correctly, this one suggests that the UK would not pursue its own FTAs, so I guess that's the trade-off: Turkey gets no vote but can have its own FTAs. UK can have a vote if it doesn't have its own FTAs?

Comment

There's a logic to that, but has that offer ever been made to anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X