The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    There's been another one with the Tories in front, by Number Cruncher.

Labour didn't concentrate its vote very well in 2017, piling up 40,000 majorities in cities. If it's really losing "hard Remainers", you'd expect them to be disproportionately in these seats, and they could afford to lose them.
    I don’t really know what this means. Labour voters live where they live mass movement of population isn’t really an option and first past the post is shit.

The then Party machine, which had prepared to remove swipe card access to Corbyn’s team post election did concentrate on using canvassing defensively but hard to know what difference thT will make this time round

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      I don’t really know what this means. Labour voters live where they live mass movement of population isn’t really an option and first past the post is shit.

The then Party machine, which had prepared to remove swipe card access to Corbyn’s team post election did concentrate on using canvassing defensively but hard to know what difference thT will make this time round
      Well, McCluskey expected to lot of seats. I don't think it was particularly amiss for the party machine to have a fairly defensive mindset, at least for a lot of the campaign. I'm sure they'd have done it differently with hindsight.

But the huge majorities in inner cities weren't down to defensive canvassing. Just like the Tories piling up votes in North Herefordshire, it's just the way it is.

Comment

The main problem with that Glasman article is all the things that he doesn't say rather than the things he does say

Comment

Simon Wren-Lewis calls this stuff "Lexit misdirection".

Comment

And sounds like there are problems with what Glasman says as well.

https://twitter.com/GeorgePeretzQC/status/1086571740954800129

Comment

Glasman and his "Blue Labour" isn't Bennism.

Comment

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1086989733111259137?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  No, it's racist bollocks. Just meant on this issue there's a similarity in not engaging with economic trade offs and invoking "democracy".

Comment

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1087100144888307712

Comment

The Telegraph have made that up. I hope.

Comment

The Telegraph have made that up. I hope.
                        How would you know, Tubby? How could any of us know? It might be the one piece of accurate information outside of the sports pages allowed each day.
                        Last edited by Nefertiti2; 20-01-2019, 23:11.

Comment

She can't amend it by herself. She'd have to withdraw from it.

Comment

Indeed, any amendment requires the consent of both governments and every NI party.

Comment

All you have to do is distract the British news cycle until the end of March,

we just have to imagine the next front pages

May: Princess Diana spoke to me beyond the grave, and she backs my Brexit deal

Comment

I don't know, I'm just hoping May doesn't really think that. But God knows what she's going to say in the "plan B" debate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                  If you think this is bad, look at Paul Embrey on Twitter, nominally head? of the Fireman's Union.

Takea look at Paul Embery (@PaulEmbery): https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                    Indeed, any amendment requires the consent of both governments and every NI party.
                                    And Probably a referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

If you think this is bad, look at Paul Embrey on Twitter, nominally head? of the Fireman's Union.

he's not head- he's on the National Executive.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        If this story is true, then I'll bet you any amount of money you like that she didn't know that.

Comment

I don't know, I'm just hoping May doesn't really think that. But God knows what she's going to say in the "plan B" debate.
                                          She's going to blame Jeremy Corbyn for her own failure to command a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

She's going to blame Jeremy Corbyn for her own failure to command a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

The then Party machine did concentrate on using canvassing defensively but hard to know what difference thT will make this time round
                                              The assumption is that that was a mistake - however, it’s an assumption as yet untested.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post

Matt Wrack is the general secretary.

Embery is unbelievable.

Comment

Poland goes on the naughty step.

Comment

stupid man.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X