No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be clear, I meant that the granting of the degree was the mistake.

Comment

Interesting analysis from Robert Peston - election after all?

What can we expect from the prime minister's decision to speak with senior parliamentarians to gauge the kind of Brexit deal, if any, that might get...

Comment

Corbyn is reportedly refusing to attend the all party leaders’ meeting because May refuses to rule out No Deal

Comment

I know May's saying that because she's scared of offending her loons, but how would she "rule out No Deal" anyway?

Comment

I would think that a commitment to request an extension of Article 50 would be sufficient.

Comment

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1085637293019447296

If she cut off the ERG, then a deal could be done.

Comment

Extending Article 50 is going to bring the same problem in a few months, isn't it? Just takes No Deal in March off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  Marina Hyde has surpassed even herself today. Line after line of beautifully crafted put downs.

Just shading it for my favourite would be "As for the more provisional wing of the People's Vote, we no longer need to computer-model the answer to the question: what would happen if you gave everyone on Henman Hill crystal meth?"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...es-opportunity
                  That was also my favourite. Spooky.

Though describing Boris Johnson as "not so much a statesman as an Oxfam donation bag torn open by a fox." I think we should reverse engineer that scenario, to test the hypothesis.

Comment

When this dynamic has played itself out on the continent - voters return deadlocked legislature - what happens is, eventually, the social democratic left buckles and takes political pain to prevent a crisis. But Corbyn isn't from that political tradition:

That's one way of saying that social democratic parties lose out because they try to avoid the widespread misery that a self induced crisis will cause, and as such are vulnerable to blackmail by sociopaths, whereas seumas Milne for example is okay with murdering millions of your own people through famine for the greater glory of power or something.....
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 16-01-2019, 21:16.

Comment

Confidence motion lost by 19.

Labour probably got some social media hits out of it. Then again so did the SNP, Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems- against Labour.

Comment

May to make anticlimactic non-statement at 10.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          When this dynamic has played itself out on the continent - voters return deadlocked legislature - what happens is, eventually, the social democratic left buckles and takes political pain to prevent a crisis. But Corbyn isn't from that political tradition:

That's one way of saying that social democratic parties lose out because they try to avoid the widespread misery that a self induced crisis will cause, and as such are vulnerable to blackmail by sociopaths, whereas seumas Milne for example is okay with murdering millions of your own people through famine for the greater glory of power or something.....
                          You’ve been reading the Telegraph again. It’s not good for you..

[URL]https://twitter.com/jdportes/status/1085471420505821184?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Milne is insulated from the consequences of his actions by a shit ton of money and a lot of Wykhamist born to rule bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post

Milne is insulated from the consequences of his actions by a shit ton of money and a lot of Wykhamist born to rule bollocks.
                              What so he has murdered millions of his own people because he went to Winchester? really? When did that happen?

Comment

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1085659327971520514

Apparently it's all Corbyns fault for refusing to compromise.

Comment

Good Christ, His father was director General of the BBC. John McDonnell is the only one of those lads who didn't grow up in a big house and go to a fee paying school.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

What so he has murdered millions of his own people because he went to Winchester? really? When did that happen?
                                    No, he’s ok with murdering millions of people because he is a lifelong Stalinist.

Comment

I was best man at Kate's wedding. It was a fortnight after I got out of hospital. I wrote my speech while recovering from my first surgery, and strung out on industrial amounts of morphine. Everyone agreed that it was...different.

Comment

Seamus Milne is Corbyn's Press Spokesperson. Diane Abbott is Shadow Home Secretary, Emily Thornberry is Shadow Foreign Secretary. Strange that you are focussing on "the lads"...

Comment

Government survives a vote of no confidence thanks solely to the DUP, the day after the most humiliating defeat for a PM in a century and the usual suspects shout "CCCCOOOORRRRBBBBBYYYYYNNNNN!"

Comment

No, he’s ok with murdering millions of people because he is a lifelong Stalinist.
                                            That's a bit of a stretch. as you well know.

Comment

Eh? It was Tonfon I think who first pointed it out on here. I might be wrong, if so apologies TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                Government survives a vote of no confidence thanks solely to the DUP, the day after the most humiliating defeat for a PM in a century and the usual suspects shout "CCCCOOOORRRRBBBBBYYYYYNNNNN!"
                                                To be fair, it was a pointless confidence vote, as we knew what the outcome would be. It merely diverted everyone's attention from the government's massive unsolvable clusterfuck.

Comment

The confidence vote didn't divert attention. Not enough people were paying attention to it for that.

Comment

So, if Labour (or Milne or whoever was speaking) support extending Article 50, can't they say that? Have they said that?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X