Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pérou Flaquettes View Post
    Nef is essentially right on this.

Re the above tweet: it's one of their many messages (unsurprising obvs.) but the reality of the movement (their demands etc.) is much more complex (and simplistic at the same time), see the French thread.

It's Tubbs who is right, about the disproportionate subsidies afforded by the state to drivers of private vehicles at the expense of those using public transport.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-labour-seats

The Guardian has written a speculative follow up to its misrepresentation of Corbyn's comments on a hypothetical situation.

Cutting edge, relevant journalism, right there, rooted in the day-to-day struggles of the workers.

Now we just need JK Rowling to retweet it.

Comment

How's his preferred Brexit policy going to be for the workers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-labour-seats

The Guardian has written a speculative follow up to its misrepresentation of Corbyn's comments on a hypothetical situation.

Cutting edge, relevant journalism, right there, rooted in the day-to-day struggles of the workers.

Now we just need JK Rowling to retweet it.
          In all fairness, just how excited are pro-remain people likely to be to come out and vote for a party that wants stupid Brexit? There's "trying to hang onto a broad coalition of voters", but there's also "smashing your base in the face with a fucking rock."
          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 24-12-2018, 18:41.

Comment

This is definitely the fatal flaw in the cunning triangles plan.

Comment

And the readiness of the Labour right to lie about Corbyn and the readiness of OTF readers in Ireland to believe it is boundless.

Pleased to see torturer David Miliband is joining in. He’s always convinced me.
              Last edited by Nefertiti2; 24-12-2018, 20:34.

Comment

Well we’ll find out soon enough if Corbyn has been a genius or a total eejit. When the country burns prob.

Comment

I don't give a flying fuck about the labour right. I think they're quisling cunts. I don't care about the Labour centre, because I think that they're worse than fucking useless, and it seems that a worryingly large proportion of the Labour Left, don't know anything about anything, least of all how to go about achieving any of their aims. I also don't care about what the guardian has to say about jeremy corbyn. I am just going on his quotes. And the stuff he says makes me think that he is at best a clueless idiot, and at worst an actively dangerous idiot, but either way it's an absolute disaster that he is in charge of the labour party right now.

At perhaps the most important political juncture in the last 75 years, the UK has its most embarrassingly shit and incompetent govt since the arrival of the hannoverians, yet somehow the labour party is at best level with them in the polls, yet for some reason they want to dice with No Deal Brexit so it can force an election, so it can then push through with a fairly hard brexit. This is not good. This is really bad.

Comment

The reason why the Conservatives are doing well in the polls is that they are seen as the Party of Brexit.

Comment

Labour has to have a rubbish position because otherwise they'll do badly in the general election that they're going to force.

Comment

The great thing about Corbyn is that he's not like those triangulating Labour Right types, he's not going to try and find a position that appeals to Tory voters just because it's politically expedient. He's certainly not going to be soft on racist, hateful politics because he doesn't want to offend people who're largely not going to vote for him anyway. He's not going to be like the Blairites, just taking the liberal, democratic, progressive people of the country utterly for granted and therefore not try to enact policies that they are in favour of...

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                          The reason why the Conservatives are doing well in the polls is that they are seen as the Party of Brexit.
                          And so are the labour party. Except their version of Brexit is even less realistic than theresa May's. why the hell are we still stuck with this stupidity?

Also there's no point in talking about labour party policy as set by their conference. That was a motion to call for a second referendum that got squashed by the leadership who fobbed people off with a request to hold their fire, and the labour leadership would decide when it was ready to move on. Yet here we are days from hard brexit and all we are getting from those at the top of the labour party is delusional insane unicorn bollocks, while barely bothering to fob people off with mention of a second referendum. Realistically speaking, what are the circumstances when you can see Corbyn moving to a second referendum?

Comment

When Seumas Milne resigns....

Comment

Oh yeah, that tankie fuck. Almost forgot about him.

Comment

And the readiness of the Labour right to lie about Corbyn and the readiness of OTF readers in Ireland to believe it is boundless.

Pleased to see torturer David Miliband is joining in. He’s always convinced me.
                                If Labour want a Brexit that, to any degree, is compatible with either a customs union or the Single Market, then they will eventually have to sign the Withdrawal Agreement - EEA or a bilateral requires it as a foundation. Otherwise, Labour can only fall back on a second referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                  moving European market production to the Netherlands.
                                  Ker-ching! Bring on those Brexit dividends!

Comment

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1078206349148708865?s=21

We’re making them pay.

This is what matters most to Theresa May.

Comment

I suppose it makes a difference from Cressida Dick and her gun-toting paramilitaries putting students' lives at risk:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46693156

"No-deal Brexit could put public at risk", says Met Chief

Comment

"after the 31 December 2020"

I'd say most EU foreigners could write that better.

Comment

https://twitter.com/castlvillageman/status/1078295013442891776?s=21

Comment

Sweet tap dancing Jesus. The fucking cunts. Cunts.

Comment

It does say on the Home Office link that Irish citizens are exempt.

Comment

The government published something on 19 December. Am I missing something here?

Comment

https://twitter.com/ukhomeoffice/status/1078206349148708865?s=21

We’re making them pay.

This is what matters most to Theresa May.
                                                  Every UK citizen is an EU citizen. What if they want to leave? Will they be paid to move to the decent parts of Europe?

Comment

Ironic for the Scots Tories to regard a second referendum as a threat to the Union, given the 2014 vote was regarded as safeguarding Scotland's European identity - you'd probably be in the final stages of accession negotiations by now...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X