No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tories can't even get the votes of people like the Patel family at the moment. British Election Survey had Labour beating them 75-17.

Comment

they're in the 17%.

Comment

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1075825172282785792

Comment

Stand By For Action!

We are about to launch -

Brexitray

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46645130

Anything can happen in the next three months!

Comment

Originally posted by Pérou Flaquettes View Post
            Ha ha ha, not only have you turned into the archetypal bad-tempered tourist-botherer Parigot but also into a straight-from-the-gros-rouge-qui-tache-barrel alcoholic too.

Been visiting the bar-cave I mentioned to you last year perchance? (Le Baron Rouge). I’m not mentioning any more of these places, I don’t want to be held responsible for your cirrhosis of the liver.
            Yes, it is indeed one of the places I have been to. I was in the area, walked past it, and remembered the name from here, so I went in and had a look. Very nice place. Went there regularly for a while, but then something absolutely terrible happened: it was featured as a "top pick" on a certain website.

I will be sure to check out the other places if I am in those areas.
            Last edited by anton pulisov; 21-12-2018, 10:55.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...icy-leaving-eu

Oh good he’s talking shite about State Aid again. Happy fuckin Christmas.

Comment

“I think we should vote down this deal; we should then go back to the EU with a discussion about a customs union.”

You Shit-brained gobshite. This is the fucking deal you have to vote for before you have a discussion about a customs union. He just doesn't understand anything.

Comment

"Shit-brained gobshite" is a perfect summary of Corbyn. It is an absolute tragedy, at this moment of crisis when we need to avert the biggest catastrophe that threatens Britain since WW2, that we have a dangerous deluded moron in charge of Labour, peddling the same dangerous nonsense as the right wing Tories, that some much better deal is on offer if only his magical skills could be engaged. I hate him almost as much as the Brexit Tories. Fuck off and die Corbyn,

Comment

“it would be a matter for the party to decide what the policy would be; but my proposal at this moment is that we go forward, trying to get a customs union with the EU, in which we would be able to be proper trading partners.””

Comment

What a bastard, Nef.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/politics...icy-leaving-eu

Oh good he’s talking shite about State Aid again. Happy fuckin Christmas.
                        Yep.

What does he think the EU will do with us outside, subsidizing exports to the Single Market? They'd be "someone else" then for sure as they stuck tariffs on.

When did party democracy decide we were leaving the Single Market?

Comment

Party democracy is such a bollocks argument anyways. A truly free non massaged vote of the membership would see trident scrapped. But that’s not what gets put up at conference.

Comment

Proper trading partners sounds like floating cake bollocks about independent trade deals as well.

Comment

They don’t want an election before Brexit, they want the Tories left holding the mess so they don’t feel the need to have an articulate non bullshit position. A dangerous fucking strategy. Bet they lose the post apocalypse election.

Comment

Fuck the Labour Party, fuck racist island. Folks had better have started on the tinned food by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                  “it would be a matter for the party to decide what the policy would be; but my proposal at this moment is that we go forward, trying to get a customs union with the EU, in which we would be able to be proper trading partners.””
                                  Well vote for the Fucking Withdrawal agreement you fucking slurry brained cunt. Either He's being disingenuous, or he's thicker than fucking david Davis.

Comment

Nope, bring the Tories down on the WA, and negotiate a similar one, if that's what has to be done.

Blimey, there's some tempers here today isn't there? Lots of bad language.

Happy Christmas. See you all in the New Year.

Comment

Also this stuff about Britain joining the Customs Union with a proper say. Is that on offer? Given that Corbyn said he'd veto TTIP, which (whatever it's merits or not) took up a lot of EU leaders' time, are they going to want to run trade deals past him? Or past British politicians in general?

If this is seriously on offer, I take it back, but I don't see why it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                        Nope, bring the Tories down on the WA, and negotiate a similar one, if that's what has to be done.

Happy Christmas, John.

Comment

Happy Christmas to all on the Brexit thread. it's the season of goodwill.

Talking of which....

https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1076456982138245120

Comment

I honestly don't see the hypocrisy that is implied.

Comment

Eh? He’s telling companies that Brexit can’t be stopped and the best to hope for is some kind of deal with Europe that preserves access while being director of and giving space to an organisation set up to slag off the guy saying exactly that campaign to prevent it happening

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post

It all goes back to the post I made a couple of pages back. the Labour party's position on Brexit makes no fucking sense. If they are in favour of implementing brexit, they should vote for this withdrawal agreement, and see what that does to the tory party. If they're not then they should be campaigning for another brexit. Rejecting the withdrawal agreement, because it doesn't include things that are to be negotiated in the next phase is fucking nonsense. It is effectively marching Britain towards a no-deal brexit.

But from another angle it's really important to remember that the Labour party is lead by an old, weird man who wants brexit for fucking stupid reasons, and he gets to sit there, doing nothing, triangulating like a madman, while britain careers towards No-Deal. Now this is the inevitable result of the lust of the english (and it is the english) to keep electing govts of vicious, stupid, sociopathic degenerates for most of my life, but at the crucial moment it seems that the labour party is lead by a clueless mindless cunt, who should fuck off and retire and really embrace the Good Life, because he seems happiest in the fucking seventies.

Also this stuff about Britain joining the Customs Union with a proper say. Is that on offer?

No. of course not. It would be like asking your appendix what you should have for dinner .

Comment

Testify. Labour are playing bollocks about an election that probably won’t happen as the clock ticks to midnight on Henry VIII clause rule by decree and fuckin bastard troops on the streets. But it’s all ok cos nice Mr Starmer is bezzie pals with Barnier. Best of all worlds deal’s in the bag, honest.Fuckin jokers.

I’d imagine Labour will lose a shit ton of their Youthquake when the dust settles on no deal or shit Tory Brexit. Cos they were too scared of racist northern/midlands voters they could afford to lose. Or cos the leadership (esp Corbyn and McDonnell) really is thick as shit stupid as Skinner 70s Labour throwbacks. If the fucker mentions State Aid one more time someone should fucking tour him around the collieries of Poland that are still escaping closure post Paris accords, fuck a semester on an undergraduate EU law course would set the rheummy eyed cunt right on just how flexible the State Aid laws are.
                                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 22-12-2018, 16:28.

Comment

The fucking Richard Boyd Barrett of British politics somehow ended up leader of the Westminster opposition at exactly the wrong time. And a torrid anal hammering followed for all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X