Clear All

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    We can buy pint bottles of champagne again
    ​​​​​​
    Except they won't be available as champagne won't be sold in pint bottles
    ​​​​​​
    That's appalling. Particularly as champagne, as the world knows it, was a British invention.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    I see that we are RAGING about EU RED TAPE STRANGLING our exports.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    We can buy pint bottles of champagne again
    ​​​​​​
    Except they won't be available as champagne won't be sold in pint bottles
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Any details on the punitive car export tariffs? Apologies if already addressed.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Still, nothing compares to this.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied
    It's been 15 hours 34 minutes and 78 seconds since OUR FREEDOM has been WON from THEM and our sunlit uplands are at present shrouded by cloud and flecked by the remnants of yesterday's ice/snow,

And still THEY refuse to deliver pizza to MY house despite MY desire to prosper mightily as an

independent

and

sovereign

individual

with the power to decide one's destiny blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Eel meat again

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    I have the feeling that, to get the best out of Brexit, I should keep up this precise level of pissed.

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    Fireworks telling you how you're supposed to feel. Only a slightly bit big brother.

Leave a comment:

• Kowalski
    replied
    So we're 46 minutes and 83 seconds into OUR FREEDOM and THEY still won't deliver pizzas to MY house, and it seems the supermarkets won't open until tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    What thread is the eel farmer on ?

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    How long before we start to hear the stories of buyers regret?

There are going to be many tales of people finding out that Brexit is going to affect their lives in ways they never thought.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Let it all come down.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Ends, surely.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    And so it begins.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Perhaps it's best that Covid is here this year. New Years Eve is punchy enough in normal times without adding Brexit to it.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Are we having a community countdown in the run up to 11:00?

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Chasing the mythical swing voting racist.

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
    Labour think it's a shit deal but voted for it anyway because the alternative is that they don't vote for it and it passes anyway.

Centre left parties around they world are having a competition to see who can be the absolute dumbest, and UK Labour have just thrown down the gauntlet.
    Yes, the Australian Labor Party is doing the exact same thing. Pisses off long-term supporters, driving them to minor parties or independents and does nothing in terms of picking up voters who have voted for the Liberals or Nationals (conservatives) in the past. Madness

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    I've liked both those posts, despite not really liking either of them.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by beak View Post

Cheers, but it's all the poor bastards still stuck on the island that I'm sorry for.
    This

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Commiserations to ad hoc, treibeis, Stumpy Pepys and all the other OTF Britons in Europe tonight - granted, the 31st of January was probably the moment of greatest personal effect for all of you, but 11 o'clock will still be a point of finality, given that before the referendum you never had to give a second thought to any questions of identity.
    Cheers, but it's all the poor bastards still stuck on the island that I'm sorry for.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Pretty sure all of those people have done the eminently sensible thing and taken German citizenship.

EDIT: <ahem> I didn't read the list properly. So, yeah. Stumpy, treibeis and Alderman Barnes have all done the sensible thing.
    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 31-12-2020, 20:26.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Commiserations to ad hoc, treibeis, Stumpy Pepys and all the other OTF Britons in Europe tonight - granted, the 31st of January was probably the moment of greatest personal effect for all of you, but 11 o'clock will still be a point of finality, given that before the referendum you never had to give a second thought to any questions of identity.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Clever summary on Radio 5 just now: "it's taken us four and a half years to get a last minute deal".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X