• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care for the bad news,

http://twitter.com/MsHelicat/status/1061376957798141954

or the bad news?

http://twitter.com/MsHelicat/status/1061375904339976192

Comment

The one time I went to a proper cricket match I spoke to Cardigan Connor.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JoStevensLabour/status/1061535273815814144

Comment

You mean The Taxdodgers' Alliance isn't made up of concerned citizens interested in a small state solution?

My faith in humanity has been shaken to the core.

Comment

http://twitter.com/vincecable/status/1061725912415326208

Comment

Hmm don’t think the Shinners will shift for Vinnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                Hmm don’t think the Shinners will shift for Vinnie
                Aye, the Shinners are too busy with their own hapless leader to worry about a British one.

Comment

That tweet is parody right? He’s not that unself-aware of what he did, surely?

Comment

Mis-spelling Terri's name?

Comment

When Labour posted a whole bunch of amendments to the various Brexit bills, they ended up losing some of them by one or two votes.

It later emerged that Cable and Farron never showed for the vote. Tim was busy giving a speech to a church on why he hates gays and Vince didn't show up because - I shit you not - "I didn't think Jeremy was going to support it."

Comment

They lost by 3 votes on the vote Cable and Darrin didn't turn up for. It was bloody stupid of them not to be there (almost as bloody stupid as the voting system) but it made no actual difference.

Comment

Doesn't exactly engender confidence when you include the Twitter handle of a Theresa May parody account in your tweet.

Comment

Gordon Brown making an excellent case for Indyref 2 by arguing that Scotland should be able to negotiate a separate treaty with the EU.

Comment

Stephen Nolan and Claire Byrne simulcasting an all-island Brexit special tonight at 10.40.

Comment

I've got to say that I'm very excited. I've only recently come across Nolan, and I think that it's going to be an eye-opening experience for the people of Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                  Aye, the Shinners are too busy with their own hapless leader to worry about a British one.
                                  Mary Lou or Michelle in particular?

Comment

Although I’ve a soft spot for Ranelagh Republican Mary Lou, her leadership has been fairly piss poor so far. Maybe cause they seem to be preparing for the possible pivot toward propping up the next FG Govt (hence running a piss poor but solid Republican candidate in the Prez vote, lots of empty talk on United Ireland to be promptly ignored when they get Tanaiste and some poisoned Ministerships).

Comment

Whatever about Nolan being a bizzare corpulent egomaniac, that show is ten times anything fuckin RTÉ or the Ivan Yates/partridge Kenny channel put on politics wise fer sheer entertainment.
                                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-11-2018, 19:37.

Comment

The main themes of Anglo-Irish relations in 1957? The potential impact of Europe, tensions surrounding the Border, and unionist fears of annexation.

Comment

Whatever about Nolan being a bizzare corpulent egomaniac, that show is ten times anything fuckin RTÉ or the Ivan Yates/partridge Kenny channel put on politics wise fer sheer entertainment.
                                          We used to have really entertaining shows like that once upon a time, but then we moved on as a society. Things are better now. I Really wish I could find footage of Gerry Collins' teary plea to Albert Reynolds "Not to Bursth up the Parthy."

Comment

Whatever about Haughey, how the fuck did the Reynolds clan escape jail or the CAB?

Comment

Although I’ve a soft spot for Ranelagh Republican Mary Lou, her leadership has been fairly piss poor so far. Maybe cause they seem to be preparing for the possible pivot toward propping up the next FG Govt (hence running a piss poor but solid Republican candidate in the Prez vote, lots of empty talk on United Ireland to be promptly ignored when they get Tanaiste and some poisoned Ministerships).
                                              Mary Lou is hilarious. The closest she comes to anything remotely "left wing" is when they serve chicken wings at a sinn fein social. There is no chance that they will be in a coalition with FG. It would destroy them.

Comment

Though I think I know the answer. Larry Goodman is still a Respectable Businessman and the horsemeat thing Never Happened.

Comment

Reynolds' nephew died there the other week, the guy who ran the POD and various Festivals. But his dad was quite the card. I remember a hilarious story about when they went to start renovating the courthouse in Longford which had been closed for a while during the exciting fun 80's. They Discovered that Albert's brother had knocked through the basement wall from his hotel next door, and extended his nightclub into the basement.

Then of course there was all the arson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                    Mary Lou is hilarious. The closest she comes to anything remotely "left wing" is when they serve chicken wings at a sinn fein social. There is no chance that they will be in a coalition with FG. It would destroy them.

I’d almost laugh if they did try it. Except for the Peter Casey far right type wanks being as likely to fill the populist eejit vacuum as the plastic Trots.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X