The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
    He's a real Harvard professor, guessing a sub applied the style guide incorrectly.

He's a Lexiter.
    Does Matthew "populist" Goodwin think the people on whose behalf he presumes to speak go along with that stuff? I mean, do they want more South Asian immigrants?

Lexit- if we credit Goodwin with that name- is going to fall apart just as quick as Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
      It is always harder to do if you will defeat the government, but I imagine she'll get into very deep shit anyway with her local association. Ann McIntosh got chucked out of Vale of York before 2015 (at least partly, it seems by being pro-EU) so I think Soubry is taking a huge personal risk on this. Not to mention that she's a particular hate figure for mad Kippers.
      If this is the day that she finally walks the walk as well as talking the talk then I'm right behind her. I've seen her and other Tories like her make noise and then fall into line too many times to believe her.

Cash says the decision to opt for Brexit was taken by the people. The Commons must respect that.
      I wish someone would respond with "where is the £350m a week for the NHS then?"
      Last edited by Snake Plissken; 12-06-2018, 14:55.

Comment

Be fair, Kate Hoey;s got a variation on Bill Cash's soundbite.

The Labour Brexiter Kate Hoey is speaking now. She says the Lords amendment is designed to ensure the UK does not get a deal from Brussels, so the government has to go back offering further concessions, such as more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          If this is the day that she finally walks the walk as well as talking the talk then I'm right behind her. I've seen her and other Tories like her make noise and then fall into line too many times to believe her.
          She over gobshites it, but she has rebelled before on big stuff, like Grieve's amendment before.

Comment

wrong thread.

Comment

twice.

Comment

Mark Harper talks about giving May the best possible "cards".

The way they talk, like it's all a game, is like the Borstal governor in The Loneliness of The Long Distance Runner.

Comment

Here comes Charlie Elphicke, repeating the Cash bollocks. Added bollocks that the EU can give us a worse deal if Parliament has to approve it.

Charlie invoked people in Dover High Street. Let's see what they say when the lorries stack up.

Comment

Actually, Anne McIntosh was MP for Thirsk and Malton when she was deselected, and her replacement (Kevin Hollinrake) was a remainer. So might have been more personal than policy.

Comment

Antoinette Sandbach has folded, I think.

Great bit there where Owen Smith couldn't hide his contempt of Frank Field. Field purporting to be standing for Labour voters. Smith's majority went up by 4.9 points last time, so he doesn't have too much of a problem on that score.

Comment

Government are going to win this, I think.

Comment

Woolaston folds too. Lots of faith in Robert Buckland, the Solicitor General.
                          Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 12-06-2018, 15:26.

Comment

Corbyn's fault. Obviously.

Comment

A "Merseyside Tory" ex-candidate, who in 2015 lost to Labour in Bootle by nearly 30,000, has jusfitied threats against Remainer MPs as being what the people voted for. When pressed, she said it wasn't terrorism because it was disorganized deranged individuals.

Comment

The government's response to the Grieve amendment - accepts A and B, but rejects C:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalisl...068866/photo/1

Comment

So seems no deal is off the table until the 30th of November, at a minimum.

Comment

Sounds like quite a big concession. The "folding" Tory rebels have achieved something, in fairness to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      WTF is the “University of Harvard”?
                                      Probably where Paul Nuttall got his PhD from.

Comment

Government wins on the meaningful vote amendment 324-298.

Comment

Originally posted by Pérou Flaquettes View Post
                                          Probably where Paul Nuttall got his PhD from.
                                          Hilariously, Matthew Goodwin talked up Paul Nuttall as having the potential to take the fight to the other parties on inequality.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...xit-inequality

Among other factors in UKIP's electoral favour was rising inflation- not at all connected with the Brexit vote, of course.

Comment

Fucking Labour, only getting about 92% of the votes they possibly could have done (which wouldn't have been enough anyway).

Comment

Did Clarke and Soubry fold?

Comment

I don't know what Campaign Group member Ronnie Campbell thinks he's doing, but the other 4 Labour rebels (Hoey, Stringer, Field and Mann) are beyond any reason. Hard to do any better than they did with the whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                  Did Clarke and Soubry fold?
                                                  No, they followed through (the only 2).

Comment

So the guy that resigned still voted with the govt?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X