• ursus arctos
    replied
    He's wrong

It's English Whisky

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    M&S even sell British Whisky, which is the most perverse post-Indyref, Brexit Unionist Wank thing ever)
    This can't be true. Have things really become this deranged? Why would you do this? Are they on a wind up? British whisky sounds like something that any self respecting wino would turn up their nose at. British wine sounds more palatable.

Leave a comment:

• Wouter D
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    No, I meant that most of the irish cheddar sold in the UK isn't marketed as Irish cheddar. Any irish agricultural product sold in Germany plays harp and uilleann pipe music when you touch it.
    Imagine the surprise of my wife's circle of German friends when they found out that I know no-one in the Netherlands who actually dresses as Frau Antje.

We really do everything for as long as it pays.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Sure, not surprised Brit supermarkets don't shout about the Irish origin, they seem determined to market Scottish produce as "British", no matter what (M&S even sell British Whisky, which is the most perverse post-Indyref, Brexit Unionist Wank thing ever). Aldi and Lidl conversely are pretty clear on marking goods as Scottish, especially as Scots consumers are even more Local=Good parochial minded than their Irish stores.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-12-2020, 00:21.

Leave a comment:

replied
    No, I meant that most of the irish cheddar sold in the UK isn't marketed as Irish cheddar. Any irish agricultural product sold in Germany plays harp and uilleann pipe music when you touch it.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I'm sure it's exactly the same. It's half of the cheddar consumed in the UK. It's not usually marketed as Irish cheddar, and is usually sold as own brand by supermarkets, etc
    They do make cheese in Scotland as well, Berba. If it's going to the bother of being marketed as Scottish, it probably is, seeing as Irish cheese would have at least as much cache in Germany. And that's another dead Scots industry unless and until they get free of Tory cunts.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Don’t worry, these Tory MPs have put their cleverest man in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Ye fucking gods.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    wardrums loud enough to wake Diana the dead

https://twitter.com/Daily_Express/status/1337495228362665987?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    The sole prerequisite of being a Tory MP at the moment is loyalty to Brexit. And that means a lot of total fuckwits are now packing the benches. Well, if not for Covid. I am under no illusions as to the pleasant nature of the likes of Clarke et al (see the "Well, Dubya wasn't that bad" nonsense) but they had an ability as politicians beyond the current cohort.

Still a band of cunts, mind you.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    heard a lot of navy ships are laid low with Covid,

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Another cod war could be on the cards.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    https://twitter.com/khalafroula/status/1337512079624908802?s=20

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    Pleased about that - I was going to reply to berbaslug's tweet that we'd have it over here. For weeks, I've been dreading going to my local supermarket and seeing the small section marked 'Scottish cheddar' empty or abolished. I'm sure Irish is just as good, if not better. Because of all the rain, or something.
    I'm sure it's exactly the same. It's half of the cheddar consumed in the UK. It's not usually marketed as Irish cheddar, and is usually sold as own brand by supermarkets, etc

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Here's what you could have won
    https://twitter.com/RaggedTP/status/1337440323195244548?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    https://twitter.com/PlashingVole/status/1337482872836460545?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    Christ, Johnson is patronising isn't he. Acting like he's talking to a four year old.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    https://twitter.com/itvtynetees/stat...633167360?s=19

Here.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    "Allowing you to keep your soveriegnty..if you will"

That's the sound of Ursula va der Leyen laughing at flag waving Little Englanders.

Leave a comment:

• sw2borshch
    replied
    Just seen Greg Easteal on Tyne Tees news haul Johnson over the coals (relatively speaking) over the oven ready bollocks which was pleasantly gratifying.

I bet Johnson is terrified of local news reporters, they're the only ones who ever stand up to him.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    You should all start streaming the Manic Street Preachers heavily and see if you can get Australia as Christmas #1.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Imagine the reaction if Barnier insisted on a call with Sturgeon

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    It's one of those weird things where you know that someone has explained it to them, but they've just chosen to ignore it anyhow.

It's like when Raab, delivering a public speech, realised mid-sentence that the English Channel existed. You could see his brain literally pulling a three point turn to avoid the reality of it.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    I'm more insulted by the fact our "leader" doesn't know how bloc negotiations work. Or combs.
    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 11-12-2020, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Perhaps he wanted a collect call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X