The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best win by 4 since the play-offs?

Very naughty Dunc. Who am I kidding, I was cheering my man Eriksen’s wondergoals at Nou Landsdowne, such is my hate for O’Neill’s no ball. And the wha’s like us Best Fans In the World and associated media licking itself Give It A Lash, Mart! Shite we’d be subjected to before the inevitable 1st round exit.

Oh for Scotland and its fans to be similarly tedious and jovial vomit drunk in a tournament again.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-12-2017, 19:36.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
      Presumably, the Farage/Redwood/Rees-Mogg wing will now kick off like nobody's business?

(And yeah, the Shinners thing isn't going to happen.)
      Rees-Mogg kept saying there were problems with the Bill during the debate. But he'll likely kick off anyway.

I wonder if a few of the Government will be happy they lost.

Comment

Tubbs: Aye, it's a single issue nationalist party's fault that NI voters elect single issue nationalist party MPs

Spoony: agreed the Best fans in the World thing is embarrassing. There's a photo somewhere of me, the IFA CEO and that Legion d'Honneur thing from the Euros. I'd pay good money for it to disappear
        Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 13-12-2017, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
          Bloody useless SDLP.

What did the Concerned Taigy Farmers Against Abortion Party do now?

Comment

Sounds like the Government didn't get the Labour Kippers they expected. They likely got Hoey and Stringer, but I suppose Field might have had a moment of clarity.

Comment

Commenting on the government defeat, Jeremy Corbyn said:

This defeat is a humiliating loss of authority for the government on the eve of the European council meeting.

Labour has made the case since the referendum for a meaningful vote in parliament on the terms of Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union.

Theresa May has resisted democratic accountability. Her refusal to listen means she will now have to accept parliament taking back control.
              He's right. Good line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                What did the Concerned Taigy Farmers Against Abortion Party do now?
                Sarcastic allusion by Tubbs to their lack of seats.

Comment

Like Tony Connelly, Faisal Islam is having a good Brexit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalisl...28823746957313

Comment

Faisal Islam
                    (@faisalislam)
                    Understand it is 12 Tory rebels
                    Grieve
                    Clarke
                    Morgan
                    Stevenson
                    Neill
                    S Hammond
                    Heald
                    Soubry
                    Wollaston
                    Djanogly
                    Sandbach
                    Allen
                    Could easily have been a few more too. What a spectacular fuck up.

Comment

This is like the mid 90s again, except with the rebels being the sane ones instead of IDS, Redwood and Theresa Gorman.

Comment

Faisal Islam‏Verified account
                        @faisalislam
                        Follow Follow @faisalislam
                        More
                        The point is - for anyone watching the Commons regularly - the mood of the House is changing subtly - John Mann, impeccable Vote Leave credentials also come out for Norway/ Switzerland option
                        That's John "those not many EU workers are killing wages in my constituency" Mann? Doesn't he know that Norway and Switzerland have the same obligations with freedom of movement?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                          Tubbs: Aye, it's a single issue nationalist party's fault that NI voters elect single issue nationalist party MPs

Spoony: agreed the Best fans in the World thing is embarrassing. There's a photo somewhere of me, the IFA CEO and that Legion d'Honneur thing from the Euros. I'd pay good money for it to disappear
                          Ah did youse get the Best Fans, Official award in France and not Mexico? Haha. Scotland got that in Sweden 92 for some drunk kilted Malcolm sexually harassing a Swedish Lady Cop (kissing her cheek through the mesh cage at the touchline).

Comment

Stephen Hammond has been sacked as Tory Vice-Chairman.

Comment

Beautiful, now he’s on the outside pissing in. And he’ll know more than most just how clueless these wanks are.

Comment

Wait a minute

You support the Republic?

Hoe does that work?

Comment

I see Hannan, Carswell and Farage are already spitting fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    Wait a minute

Hoe does that work?
                                    Lang lives in the RoI now.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Wait a minute

Hoe does that work?
                                      IFA is the Nordie FA if you mean Dunc, Ursus. I wish Ireland well (usually) after not too far off two decades here, but can never escape Scotland. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        I see Hannan, Carswell and Farage are already spitting fire.
                                        Carswell, having wanked about as a "Parliamentarian" for years warned a Tory waverer he was "putting Corbyn in". Which is not at all how a party hack would speak, oh no.

And he left the "party" years ago anyway.

Comment

Nadine Dorries is calling for DESELECTIONS. Look! A BULLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                            Beautiful, now he’s on the outside pissing in. And he’ll know more than most just how clueless these wanks are.
                                            I think there are several vice chairmen, and they're not usually considered part of the payroll. So it's incredibly petty. They did the same when one of their semi-competent wonks, Jesse Norman, rebelled on Syria. He lost his job in Cameron's policy team.

Comment

Another gem from Dorries on the Twitters:

I’ve been a rebel myself, but never when a Marxist government was knocking at the door.
                                              Ha ha ha. Rattled much?

Comment

Isn't it funny how rebellions in the past are always different?

Comment

Stephen Hammond MP‏Verified account
                                                  @S_Hammond
                                                  Follow Follow @S_Hammond
                                                  Very disappointed to no longer be Vice Chairman of the Conservative Party for London. It was a huge honour and I'll continue to campaign across our capital in the run up to the Borough elections next year.
                                                  Might be a good thing to keep your prints off the likely borough elections bloodbath, Stephen.

Comment

Fuck, Dorries complaining about Dominic Grieve having a (non partisan) committee chairmanship. Apparently, the job should go to someone "loyal". Really getting scrutiny there, Nadine.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X