No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redwood was there earlier. He intervened in, I think, Benn's speech.

Comment

Actually, I think he was to the side a bit from Sandbach.

Comment

Hoey apparently too lazy to make a point, so asks Raab to do it for her.

Comment

Is it going to be more than Hoey, Field and Stringer voting for the government? I hear "populist" John Mann is voting with Labour, and I presume the genuine Lexiters will.

Comment

Shanker Singham‏
            @ShankerASingham
            4h4 hours ago
            No government will negotiate a trade deal with another country’s parliament. Parliaments should have an up or down vote but not negotiate the details. That is how the rest of the world does trade policy
            We're not on the trade deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
              Exaggerated outrage. You'd think he compared them to ISIS or similar.
              nah, there is something fundamentally problematic with using the "You people" formulation, and it's really difficult to explain how enraging the "You Irish" thing is coming from an english person. it marks the speaker out as a moron, and there is nothing more annoying than being patronized by a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                nah, there is something fundamentally problematic with using the "You people" formulation, and it's really difficult to explain how enraging the "You Irish" thing is coming from an english person. it marks the speaker out as a moron, and there is nothing more annoying than being patronized by a moron
                For God's sake man listen to yourself. At worst Boulton is guilty in this case of being offhand, and it's rich for you of all people to gurn about anyone stereotyping Irish people. If he annoys you don't watch his show. If anything is moronic here it's the abuse he's taking in below the line comments on Twitter etc- which you aren't just condoning but adding to.

Comment

Reg- you and I agree it was offhand/ clumsy from Boulton. I'm criticising Berba's response- hysterical, abusive and hypocritical.

Comment

George Freeman is going to vote against the Government. I don't think he was one on the Telegraph wanted poster.

Is that Michael Fallon next to Nicky Morgan? He's never seemed like a Brexit fan. He might vote against too.

Comment

Ah, that wasn't Fallon. It's Oliver Heald.

Comment

Jeez, I think Charlie Elphicke is rebelling.

The Government are in trouble.

Comment

Going by Kuenssberg, the rebels are in retreat.

Comment

Actually, it seems one of Ruthie's Scottish Tories (Paul Masterton) reckoned to be a rebel is abstaining. I think Vicky Ford might be too, after her odd speech.

Government maybe to squeak home. Here we go.

Comment

Government has won, apparently, but not official yet.

Comment

Government lost by 4 votes. Pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Yaaass!

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                    Going by Kuenssberg, the rebels are in retreat.

Does she file her reports from the Whip’s Office. Haha lickspittle itk arse.

Comment

309-305, if it had gone the other way, might have been time to blame SF for their policy.

Comment

C’mon the Shinners will never ever ever sit in the Great Wen. You’d have to be some blinkered commentariat eejit who’s never seen the dreary steeples to think they ever would or could.

Comment

Some unexpected abstainers or lots of pairing? 309-305

Comment

Freeman backed down at the last minute. Must be a few unexpected votes.

Comment

Best win by 4 since the play-offs?

SF's next move will prob be to walk out of Derry Council and the Dail for a full set

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                C’mon the Shinners will never ever ever sit in the Great Wen. You’d have to be some blinkered commentariat eejit who’s never seen the dreary steeples to think they ever would or could
                                                You say that like it's a bad thing.

Comment

Presumably, the Farage/Redwood/Rees-Mogg wing will now kick off like nobody's business?

(And yeah, the Shinners thing isn't going to happen.)

Comment

Bloody useless SDLP.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X