No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or fires start burning Northside outside fucking July. It’s easy to say that no one has stomach for a fight any more. There are plenty wee bams with a grievance both sides of the border, it won’t be fucking Ferris or Ellis or Great Marty’s Ghost that’s smuggling guns or making bombs or ordering Bad Stuff if things turn to shite again.

Or youse could have madmen UDA UVF cunts attacking a non existent land border in protest at Britain being cut off from more British than Brits east of the Bann types by no deal.

Comment

The Nordie/Free State Tayto war is heating up:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mePadraig...58370308395009

Comment

E10 made a good point about lots of the Brexit gobshites having never had to negotiate with trade unions, and not getting negotiation at all.

My fave Lexiter, Paul Embery, offers his own ludicrous twist. The people who don't get negotiation are... Remainers. He mentions Labour and Philip Hammond, who havent shown enough willingness to walk away.

Does he actually get what happens with no deal? Maybe freshly unemployed workers can send for Paul and he'll "negotiate" their jobs back with the international markets.

Comment

How does yesterday's deal affect the Scottish debate? One presumes that a softening of Brexit would have cross-party support, weakening the argument for independence, but could a hardening of Brexiteer stances during the trade phase boost the SNP?

Comment

I don't know if Hard Brexit would boost the SNP that much. In the short term at least it's going to be bad if they join the EU and put themselves outside the UK single market. Sturgeon had a point that starting indie ASAP would have helped them plan for shifting their trade to the EU. It was just felt too soon to lots of people to do the indie ref stuff again.

Comment

46% of Britons now believe the country will be better off post-Brexit, with 37% declaring otherwise. 46% also prioritise immigration over access to the free market - worth noting both polls finished last Saturday, and thus before yesterday's deal:

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainel...03444213321731

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainel...04235573661696

Comment

I've never been asked to take part in one of these polls.

Comment

Brexit polling is a dubious science, irrespective of whether the results agree or disagree with our own position. But I'd infer that Brexiters are incredibly ill-informed about the economic and immigration consequences of Hard or Soft Brexit.

Comment

Lots of people think "no deal" means same as now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                      Because people are ignorant and believe the shite peddled by the Brexiters and continuously repeated by the BBC.

Comment

Unnamed trading partners (presumably Norway and Switzerland) have lobbied the EU, demanding that Britain should be behind them in any trading queue, also reports from London officials that the transition period could last until 2024:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...it-deal-for-uk

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Because people are ignorant and believe the shite peddled by the Brexiters and continuously repeated by the BBC.
                          Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Yep.

Comment

I concur.

Comment

Transition period to 2024 would be good. Surely Murdoch will be dead by then and the whole Brexit thing can be called off by General Secretary Corbyn.

Comment

Davis doesn't know when to shut up. Way to piss off your negotiating partner before you have even agreed a transition.

Comment

What he's essentially saying is that the UK could still tear up the agreements they just made. But that would mean, of course, the hardest of hard Brexits in terms of a trade deal and the UK economy would be fucked. The EU knows this.

Comment

Tony Connelly believes Phase 2 will only begin when Phase 1 is enacted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tconnelly...80734625591296

Comment

Faisal Islam rightly points out that exit deal yet to be ratified by EU, maybe stop bragging about tearing it apart the day after it is informally agreed upon......

Comment

Adam Boulton’s hot take is that Fridays events weaken the Irish Govt’s hands, then he tweeted the Ivory Coast flag. And threw in a “You Irish” Partiridgism. Egregious twat. Lot of “You Brits” need to get Herod sick for Christmas. Maggots pouring from seeping festering open wound guts. Physical manifestation of the Brexit disease.

Now Billy Brexiter Iain Martin has laid in defending him, claiming Fintan O’Toole has been consistently wrong about Brexit, egged in by Remoaning 5th Columnists. These jowly cunts deserve everything that’s coming to them. But these sneering doughy faced please fill an early grave bastards will be fine. No matter what. Shithouse Brexit will need its August commentators. Is Iain Martin playing to the gallery by calling his post being fired from CapX thing “Reaction”? Would be unlike these grease bags to have self awareness.

I hope these cunts are all diagnosed with diseases easily curable in a “civilized” country but are suddenly fatal due to lack of suitable radioactive medical material being available thanks to Taking Back Control outside of Euratom. Drown in your shitty Debating Society logic ye sweaty fucks.
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 11-12-2017, 00:38.

Comment

Drown in your shitty Debating Society logic ye sweaty fucks

Ye can take the boy out of Kircaldy but...

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              Are there statistics that show this to be true? I’m staggered to read this.

Comment

Davis rows back faster than a paddling swan, and states that Friday's agreement is, indeed, "legally enforceable":

https://www.rte.ie/amp/926436/?__twi...mpression=true

Comment

Well, he's rhetorically rowing back, but he's not dropping the central point, which is that if there is no agreement, he doesn't think it's legally enforceable.

Comment

By the way, was going to mention that since the referendum anecdotal evidence points very clearly to educated Romanians no longer heading for the UK (ie the ones that watch the news or that have aspirations beyond simply making more money for manual labour than they can at home), whereas the less educated ones are still heading over in the same numbers to pick fruit or work in factories or what have you. I don;t have statistical evidence to back this up, but it seems very much what I am hearing all the time. People from my village are still heading over, for example. I'm not sure how this fits into either right or left wing visions of what Brexit could achieve in terms of immigration, but I rather suspect it suits neither of their arguments. Unskilled, exploitable labour still immigrating, but the skilled brain-tap* drying up

(*Whatever the brain drain is called from the receiving end)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X