• Show
Clear All

Or ou?

Comment

An antidote to Tansplaining:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KennedyCo...562949/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
        Respect the referendum? Fuck that shite. Respect a bunch of people who voted for lies based on a lying campaign preying on the ignorance and racism of certain people who have lost hope run by men who didn't believe in it but did it for political ambition. Fuck that bullshit.
        That, only with added swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by wiblflibl View Post
          *like*
          Nearly 12k of posts and 9 years later I get my first like. You know what Homer Simpson would say here.

Comment

Soft Brexit, after everybody's been scared shirtless by Hard Brexit, isn't too bad for us or Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              That, only with added swearing.
              I thought I'd been restrained Toby.

Comment

Tubby, there's no such thing as soft brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                  I thought I'd been restrained Toby.
                  Indeed, significantly more restrained than I would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Or a hard Brexit. There's only the Noel Edmonds option.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      EEA style membership would be softer than the shite coming down the tracks.

Comment

That's what I mean.

Slow decline instead of off the cliff.

Comment

I see Hammond has sent in Brexit convert Liz Truss to answer questions on the divorce bill. In this case, I strongly approve of the boss hiding.

Comment

There appear to be tentative moves happening in relation to the Border:

https://www.rte.ie/amp/923573/

Comment

My first feeling when the divorce bill was settled was this is the first chink in the Brexit Or Bust armour. I hope I'm right.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by it. Here's hoping.

Comment

Good old Guy Verhofstadt:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/e...but-not-enough

Comment

Second, on the administrative procedure required in order to achieve so-called "settled status", we take note of the progress made in the last weeks, but can only reiterate that this must be an automatic, cost-free process in the form of a simple declaration, placing the burden of proof on the UK authorities to challenge the declaration.

It is also crucial for us that solid safeguards are put in place to ensure the proportionality of the process and to protect and support EU citizens, including the most vulnerable.

Finally, we can only again reiterate our position that in order to guarantee the coherence and integrity of the EU legal order, the CJEU must remain the sole and competent authority for interpreting and enforcing European Union law and not least the citizens’ rights provisions of the withdrawal agreement.

<Parks tank on lawn of house of commons, takes a big shit on statue of churchill. Stares down a pigeon>

Comment

There appear to be tentative moves happening in relation to the Border:

https://www.rte.ie/amp/923573/
                                      I'm not seeing any moves at all on the border there, tentative or otherwise.

Comment

The dreadful Mark Harper, MP for the Forest of Dean, is telling business to act in the national interest and not employ so many immigrants.

He can call some Ministers in, ask them why they aren't employing fewer immigrants if it's so easy. If the government can't "act in the national interest", why does he think business should?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                          I'm not seeing any moves at all on the border there, tentative or otherwise.
                                          More here, though rather nebulous in detail:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-impasse-near

Comment

Peter Bone, the Conservative MP for Wellingborough, told the Guardian he would be prepared to vote down a final Brexit deal that came at too high a price.

“I think people in the country will be very, very upset. I don’t think paying billions to the EU is what the people voted for. Giving billions to the EU is completely the reverse of what people voted for. If the deal is voted down we come out on World Trade Organisation rules. I don’t think that is a problem at all. Then all that money – £60bn lying around – we could use that to help the NHS and other things and even do tax cuts.”
                                            Who misled them when they voted then, Peter?

That money isn't "lying around". It'll be paid over a long period. Unusually, IDS was relatively sane on this point yesterday- shortly before blaming the Irish Presidential election for the difficulties on the Irish border.

Comment

Some Drogehda eejit in a pub spouted the shite of there not being a border between north and “south” for about a hundred years in C4 news (the fucking customs border stopped with Maastricht ya mad woescious accent Louther). Which some Labour(?) eejit parrots while parryng Poor Vince back in the studio while talking gubbins about a softish Border. Almost all British media is fucked. Alex Massie is fighting a rearguard to bring the Spectator and Times back to sanity. The posh fucker.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 29-11-2017, 21:35.

Comment

It was Kwasi Kwarteng, advisor to Hammond at the Treasury up against Cable.

Comment

Kwarteng's in government? Crikey. Is that a full sweep of Britannia Unchained?

Actually no, given that Patel was kicked out.

Comment

Thank fuck. Missed the introductory pleasantries.
                                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 29-11-2017, 21:33.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X