Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting

5 dead, 8 injured.

USA 2017: A person cannot get on a plane with toothpaste or nail scissors but they can put a gun in their checked luggage and take it to the lav and load it up.

Media already whitewashing this with a "mental illness" narrative, which will stigmatize millions of people to deflect from the real issue of non-existent gun control.

It's absurd for lots of reasons but the comparison to the dumb rules about what is allowed on the plane isn't really relevant.

They could just as easily walked in the front door with it and shot everyone up as bring it in checked luggage. Everything between the security checks and the entrances is just as public as a McDonalds or a street or a church. If guns are allows anywhere, they'll be there. Banning guns in airports completely wouldn't do much unless they screened everyone and all their luggage going into the airport and, God-willing, it won't come to that.

Comment

I think that eventually everyone in the US will be affected by a mass shooting. This almost was the one for me--my cousin's son (thus my first cousin once removed) came back today from a trip to Machu Picchu and had a layover in Fort Lauderdale, but he'd just left before the shooting.

Comment

Governor of FL:

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) said earlier on Friday: “This could well be someone who is mentally deranged, or in fact it could be someone who had a much more sinister motive that we have to worry about every day, and that is terrorism.”
        Huh. I guess guns being available to people left, right and centre, including people with mental illnesses, is not something to worry about every day.

Comment

Look
          Hot Pepsi wrote: Banning guns in airports completely wouldn't do much unless they screened everyone and all their luggage going into the airport and, God-willing, it won't come to that.
          It's not that unusual globally to be screened entering an airport

Comment

Exactly. All these searches at airports seem pointless, when at 95% of the 100 or so airports I've ever used, you could just park up and just unload a bazooka or equivalent and fire at passing planes or travellers.

Comment

Working...
            X