Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016: Slaughtering Gay icons indiscriminately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 was a bad year for those who pushed back the boundaries of male sexuality. Prince, David Bowie and George Michael. But Spare a thought for a revolutionary gay cross-over act that were snuffed out before they could finish their work of bringing people together.

I first became aware that the Red Army Choir had moved on from the days of Leonid Kharitonov was at the Sochi Games. Now It's very difficult to get a sense of what is going on in Russia. Their Interior police batter gay rights protestors in uniforms clearly designed by their enemies.

But Fuck me, the Red Army Choir have recorded a lot more Queen songs that you would imagine.

There's sports favourite We will rock you

This performance of we are the champions is really special.

But Just in case you haven't taken the hint here's
    The Show must go on.

Hopefully Vladimir is able to take some time off from smouldering with medvedev, or wrestling young men, and can find the time to put on a shirt and pay tribute to these brave soldiers in the wars of sexual liberation. or are we in the west reading this situation entirely incorrectly? Is russia fighting a brave rearguard battle against the knowledge that if they legalize Homosexuality, there won't be another child born in russia? This was a country that was obsessed with sending either a freddie mercury or Michael Jackson (bad Era) impersonator to the Eurovision for 15 years. and some years they'd send someone who was both.

Anyway Here they are butchering Happy.

Here they are singing the gayest song of them all.

Comment

I know. The first time I saw that name they were photographed standing in front of a reflective mirror.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: 2016 was a bad year for those who pushed back the boundaries of male sexuality. Prince, David Bowie and George Michael. But Spare a thought for a revolutionary gay cross-over act that were snuffed out before they could finish their work of bringing people together. [/url]
        Did Pete Burns die for nothing?

Comment

To be honest I forgot about him.

Comment

Burns was a walking car crash so his demise was no surprise IMHO but I would have expected George Michael to outlive Morrissey, for example.

Cilla Black could also be classed as a gay icon.

Comment

Satchmo Distel wrote:
              Cilla Black could also be classed as a gay icon.
              Not fucking likely.

Comment

Working...
              X