• Show
Clear All

Small world

Tiny Bulcher wrote:
    Ooook.
    that's what they said!

Comment

Small world

I don't really have any of these stories. I remember being in the departure lounge of LAX airport in Los Angeles and bumping into a guy I knew well from London (as a DJ at the Camden Palace and former drummer in The Specimen), but given that an airport lounge is a major funnel-point for travellers, and that Los Angeles and London are major world cities and centres of the music industry with a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between them, it would probably be weirder if I didn't run into someone I knew eventually.

Comment

Small world

We were walking along the beach in Florida last March, looking for sharks' teeth, when I bumped into my high-school math teacher doing the same.
        Now, bumping into retired Canadians you know in Florida isn't that rare. But it also turns out that he and his wife had just moved back to Toronto after a number of years to be closer to their grandkids, and now lived about a mile from where we live.

Comment

Small world

Oh, and this morning on my way to work, stopped at a light, a guy I used to work with - whose used Jetta I bought in '99 - pulled up beside me.
          He goes "Hey!"
          I go "Hey!"
          (pauses...looks at car...)
          "You're still driving that thing?"

Comment

Small world

Small world crap happens way to often to me now I am in New York. Some really bizarre stuff. Six degrees of separation really applies here a lot of the time.

Comment

Small world

Six-degreesishly, I learned last week that I'm 5 degrees from Charles Manson.

Comment

Small world

I had no idea he was so learned.

Comment

Small world

That's pronounced 'learned', Pépé.

Comment

Working...
                  X