No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, my worry is that he just finds ways to get other people to pay his fines. Is there not a jail penalty for perpetual contempt?

Comment

There is such a potential, but it does not apply automatically

There appears to be a sense that the judge will lift the contempt order when Trump's strip mall lawyer (yes, really) demonstrates a bit more effort at locating the documents in question.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alina-...l-team-loathes

Comment

The judge has said he will lift the contempt order if Trump pays USD 110K in accrued fines and the organization presents him with a serious and detailed plan to search for the evidence

In other news,
        https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1525923313981300738?t=q0a65Hgc7N4Ww--gKt6eAQ&s=19

Comment

I’m concerned about the depth and breadth of your twitter research. How can you maintain sanity seeing all of that all the time?

Comment

It is a very fair question.

At least for now, I find it easier to be aware of as much as possible.

Comment

I find the opposite.

And Twitter appears to be designed to create maximum outrage. Maximum alienation.

Comment

My experience is very different, but I would never consider that to be universal in any way.

Comment

I mostly find it healthier - for my brain - to know than to not know. But clearly for many people it’s much healthier to not be inundated with all the terrible details.

What I don’t have the patience for is sorting through all the chaff as Ursus does - he seems to be a useful filter to get the important stuff to us.

Generally while I enjoy knowing, I find it impossible to read much stuff from in what you might call the “liberal bubble” which is full of a combination of wishful thinking (Trump is about to be put in prison for life) and (hopefully) exaggerated agonising (this particular move in congress is a sign that the Republic is on the verge of collapse: eventually one of them might be right, but there’s too much crying wolf). I do almost always find that what our sensible editor Ursus selects as valuable is actually valuable.

Comment

That is a very much what I try to do and I'm pleased to hear that it tends to work for at least some posters.

And yes, I gave up on "Resistance" Twitter during Mensch's 15 minutes of fame. A lot of those people are broken and some of them are actively grifting.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-05-2022, 00:42.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                      I mostly find it healthier - for my brain - to know than to not know. But clearly for many people it’s much healthier to not be inundated with all the terrible details.

What I don’t have the patience for is sorting through all the chaff as Ursus does - he seems to be a useful filter to get the important stuff to us.

Generally while I enjoy knowing, I find it impossible to read much stuff from in what you might call the “liberal bubble” which is full of a combination of wishful thinking (Trump is about to be put in prison for life) and (hopefully) exaggerated agonising (this particular move in congress is a sign that the Republic is on the verge of collapse: eventually one of them might be right, but there’s too much crying wolf). I do almost always find that what our sensible editor Ursus selects as valuable is actually valuable.
                      Yes. All that.

Except, I increasingly am questioning the value of knowing all about things I can’t actually do anything about.

I don’t think our brains have evolved fast enough to keep up with our information technology. Or maybe just I haven’t. I was born in the wrong era, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        That is a very much what I try to do and I'm pleased to hear that it tends to work for at least some posters.

And yes, I gave up on "Resistance" Twitter during Mensch's 15 minutes of fame. A lot of those people are broken and some of them are actively grufting.
                        Is that supposed to be “grifting?”

Comment

Yes, sorry

Comment

Ok. I wasn’t sure if grufting was something else.

Comment

It's when Phoebe the Dog tries to con me out of another treat.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1527689707135680513?s=21&t=im5wsOiBQ-LZkQohja9Hsg

Comment

Presumably No. 3 is a witness statement from Trump saying "I ate it".

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                    Presumably No. 3 is a witness statement from Trump saying "I ate it".
                                    Or his pup

Comment

He is notoriously wary of submitting anything in writing under oath

And was also the first President in over a century to not have at least one pet in the White House

Comment

https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1528358122905128960?s=21&t=fWedERNKA9pyBrbB3Gcytg

Comment

That part is terrifying. Exactly the Super PAC model.

Comment

I’m ready to give up.

Comment

Wohl and friend are at it again

Comment

The Chin did this much better by wearing his bathrobe while wandering around the Village muttering to himself

Comment

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1529948432974204930?t=WZzlsc9PqsuNQEF0WSzNOg&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1530694872759345152?s=21&t=1kg6s-6wu6s57to2CbDQEg

Comment

Working...
                                                    X