No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m surprised to learn of the record murder rate in New York City.

Comment

As am I

Punctuation has little to do with it. There isn't a colorable claim with or without the quotation marks, as it isn't reasonable to read it as an assertion as to her actual mental state.

Comment

Twitter suited him better as a communication medium. More concise.

Comment

I don't fully understand why they have decided not to let him keep writing tweets that would be issued as press releases, but my guess is that his rapidly increasing legal exposure is a definite factor

Comment

https://twitter.com/timothywjohnson/status/1365308804032835585

Comment

The guy is a world class POS

Comment

On so many levels. He can't possibly even realize how insincere / unconvincing he is on camera. And he's just killed a guy and fled.

Comment

South Dakota has really distinguished itself lately for terrible government. I guess it didn't like being known just for Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    I don't fully understand why they have decided not to let him keep writing tweets that would be issued as press releases, but my guess is that his rapidly increasing legal exposure is a definite factor
                    In that regard, Twitter has actually done Trump a favour by banning him, although that doesn't explain why Don Jr. has gotten away (so far) with such outrageous Tweets given he never had such immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                      South Dakota has really distinguished itself lately for terrible government. I guess it didn't like being known just for Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore.
                      "We better go ahead and hold a super-spreader event so'ins we don't get sued."

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                        I'm always disappointed given it used to elect McGovern. He seems cut more from the Minnesotan scandi-farmer-co-operative politics ala Humphrey, but the state seems to be pulled Wyoming -Montana way...

Comment

It is so small that it doesn't take much to shift the politics. The overspill from the Bakken fracking areas (in ND) and coal development in Wyoming have really tilted the state

Thune went from winning his seat by a few thousand votes in 2004 to running unopposed in 2010

Comment

Unlike Montana and Wyoming I don't see any dynamic that's likely to push it back, either. Montana already has a little tradition of being a bit purple-ish with some recent Democrat Senators and Governors. And Wyoming - while being very, very Republican - has quite a lot of incomers from blue states looking for the outdoorsy mountain adventure west. It's not changing yet, but as Ursus implies, it really doesn't take too much influx to swing a state with less than a million residents.

South Dakota really doesn't hold a whole lot of appeal for the Californians and Coloradans who're beginning to change parts of the Mountain West (even parts of Utah and Idaho, although they are much more populous so can't change fast).

Comment

https://twitter.com/KHandozo/status/1365397773386874880/photo/3

Comment

Yeah, the Dakotas are long gone from an electoral perspective

Comment

Ok. What's this "has Trump been inaugurated yet?" crapola?

Some nutjob QAnon conspiracy reading of the constitution, I believe, but what's special about today in that context please?

Comment

See the Three Kings Koup thread

We just went through it with TonTon

It will shock you to know that the rationale is less than perfect

Comment

Somehow not what most people are taking from this photo (the tweeter claims to be Trump's favourite author)

https://twitter.com/nickadamsinusa/status/1370928630621159424

Comment

That's the chalky pallor, sunken cheeks and wispy hair of prime physical condition, right there.

Comment

I was trying to work out the biggest difference and that’s it. He’s not orange!

Comment

Kushner is writing a book about how he saved America https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...hwsFOIZPYc5QTw

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/u...stigation.html

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida and a close ally of former President Donald J. Trump, is being investigated by the Justice Department over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said. A variety of federal statutes make it illegal to induce someone under 18 to travel over state lines to engage in sex in exchange for money or something of value. The Justice Department regularly prosecutes such cases, and offenders often receive severe sentences.

It was not clear how Mr. Gaetz met the girl, believed to be 17 at the time of encounters about two years ago that investigators are scrutinizing, according to two of the people.

The investigation was opened in the final months of the Trump administration under Attorney General William P. Barr, the two people said. Given Mr. Gaetz’s national profile, senior Justice Department officials in Washington — including some appointed by Mr. Trump — were notified of the investigation, the people said.

The three people said that the examination of Mr. Gaetz, 38, is part of a broader investigation into a political ally of his, a local official in Florida named Joel Greenberg, who was indicted last summer on an array of charges, including sex trafficking of a child and financially supporting people in exchange for sex, at least one of whom was an underage girl.

Comment

Probably the only thing Matt Gaetz has in common with the late Chuck Berry.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DukeStJournal/status/1377031293993693185

Comment

Christ that's a bold strategy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X