Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Trump has been put on another course of steroids

Comment

I'm quite tempted to unblock the two Trumpers I know on Facebook...

Comment

He had 43 tweets in an hour this morning

Comment

He couldn't remember the other 7 states?

Comment

Did a double take riding by this on a bike ride yesterday. Had to get a shot of it, feel free to 'spread' it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              I'm quite tempted to unblock the two Trumpers I know on Facebook...
              I had to do this to a good friend before the 2016 election. She was a very religious Christian Lady, yet kept espousing Trump repeatedly. Completely did my head in!

Comment

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1315794641019641856

Comment

Is it purely a coincidence that the rally was held in the city where Trayvon Martin was murdered?

Comment

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ory?ref=author

President Donald Trump backed a budding conspiracy theory on Tuesday that four Americans were killed in the 2012 Benghazi attack to cover up the blood-sacrifice of Navy SEALs and the “fact” that Osama Bin Laden is still alive, marking what is perhaps the president’s strangest brush yet with far-right conspiracy theories.

Trump’s promotion of the new Benghazi conspiracy theory, which is fast gaining traction on the far right, came in the form of a retweet of a QAnon believer pushing the claim. The president’s backing helped push the tweet about Benghazi above 14,000 retweets.

The bizarre theory, which is outre even by the standards of the right’s usual Benghazi claims, also alleges that Osama Bin Laden’s body-double, rather than the terrorist mastermind himself, was killed in 2011.

All those claims come from a falconer who says he uncovered secrets about Al-Qaeda, Iran, and U.S. intelligence in his work as a falconer for Middle Eastern power players.

Comment

I'm sorry, but is there another meaning of the word "falconer" that doesn't relate to training birds of prey?

Comment

OK, now I've clicked on the link, and he's an actual falconer.

Comment

Do multiple Middle East power players use falconers, as this sentence suggests?

Comment

Yes, it has been a genuine thing among Gulf royals for yonks.

Comment

Oh yeah. Falconing is the middle eastern equivalent to fox-hunting, status wise.

Comment

That is nuts enough, but now I discover that the falconer is called “Parrot”?

I guess he belongs on the nominative determinism thread.

Comment

Not sure what use a parrot would be though, hunting desert mammals.

Comment

It's well known that if you say "Who's a pretty boy?" to a hyrax, it blushes and rolls over in mock shyness, allowing it to be easily captured.

Comment

Meanwhile, somebody's been busy on his behalf over on Twitter -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54533488
                                      ​​​​​​
                                      Fake pro-Trump accounts deleted
                                      ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                        Is it purely a coincidence that the rally was held in the city where Trayvon Martin was murdered?
                                        For Trump, I suspect so, he probably can't remember who Trayvon Martin is unless it was on Fox that morning. For those choosing the venue, I suspect not.

Comment

Still in better shape than the country

https://twitter.com/amysrosenberg/status/1316558979825307650

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            This is one of those "World's largest metaphor hits iceberg" stories, isn't it?

Comment

Wow, even by his standards

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1316804932494913539

Comment

Unlikely to move the needle electorally, but will have made the day of the lawyers pursuing the wrongful death and civil rights litigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                  I've been watching a documentary about the man, Trump: An American Dream, which is running on Channel 4. It's mainly about his business and private life so far and is hugely entertaining.

I didn't realise just how large a celebrity figure he was even back in the '80s and '90s: frequent TV appearances, the breakdown of his marriage to Ivana on the front page of the newspapers and so on. There are some terrific vignettes though.

Last night we had an episode around the time of the Ivana-Marla transition where he called a newspaper reporter claiming to be Trump's fictitious new PR man, "John Miller," which the reporter then recorded for posterity. If you haven't heard it, seek it out. It's hilarious. Then there's Trump talking quite insightfully about his favourite film. Can you guess? Citizen Kane.

At the end of the programme we saw an interview with Trump' mum, who's autumn years-hairstyle Trump seems now to be mimicking. Odd accent too, more Irish than Scottish, but maybe that's an Isle of Lewis thing. Anyway, she was talking about an event from the Trump nursery. Donald and his younger brother, Robert, both had building blocks. Donald asked Robert for some of his and when Robert gave them to him, Donald glued them to his own so Robert couldn't have them back. Moral of the story - he's always been crafty, amoral, self-centred and quite ruthless.

Recommended.

The final episode, which covered the period from the late-90s to his election as President, made the point that it was the election of Jesse Ventura, an old friend from the days when Trump properties hosted WWF events, as Governor of Minnesota in 1998 that turbo-charged Trump's Presidential ambitions and provided the inspiration for the strategy which he would employ to achieve his aim.

Comment

Jesse Ventura actually believes in social justice though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X