Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is true, but doesn't mean that he isn't culpable

I shouldn't be surprised, but nonetheless am at McEnany just flat out denying what is on tape.

Comment

I'm not shocked, and I don't think it would have made a difference, but it just seems gross to me. And like the Wolff book and all the others, it will be a very big deal among media people and some people that already dislike Trump will rush out to buy it and everything will stay the same.

Comment

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1303744763515072527

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
          I'm not shocked, and I don't think it would have made a difference, but it just seems gross to me. And like the Wolff book and all the others, it will be a very big deal among media people and some people that already dislike Trump will rush out to buy it and everything will stay the same.
          Totally this. When are journalists going to get it through their collective heads that it doesn't matter what Trump says, only that he says it loudly and with confidence. His supporters don't listen to the words, they hear the sounds and watch the body language. Our collective hope has to be that there aren't more of them than in 2016, and people who are listening to the words vote in greater numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            Oh, for sure. But there are plenty of people in the soft middle that will add this to the pile of proof, whether they buy a book or not. Maybe it will outrage them enough to vote instead of stay home.

Comment

There is very little evidence that such people exist in significant numbers

Comment

In the lead-up to the election E. Jean Carroll, one of the women who's accused Trump of rape, is interviewing as many victims of his sexual assaults as she can. They are depressing, revolting and eye-opening (for me at any rate) in equal measure. This is the world women had to negotiate, actually that's wrong there was no negotiation, and likely still is. I can't relate to men like Trump at all. Not even a little bit.

Comment

Worth noting that Barr just had the DOJ take over the defence of Carroll's defamation suit on the theory that Trump was acting within the scope of his Presidential duties when he defamed her.

The degree to which sexual assault was (and is) normalised is appalling.

Comment

This is not good.

Trump warns of severe retaliation against Iran if ambassador to South Africa attacked by Iran

Nicely in time for the October hustings:

https://www.ft.com/content/1d19c789-...3-41dba4001572

Comment

He wants people to focus on Iran rather than 200,000 COVID deaths but he'd be foolish to invite an escalation leading to a terrorist attack against Americans, if that's his game. My guess would be that he just wants to make Biden look soft on Iran and, by extension, Muslims.

Also, notably, he seems to be expressing a lot more concern about a hurricane heading for GOP states than fires burning in Dem states.
                      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-09-2020, 09:31.

Comment

Another sexual assault victim comes forward

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...del-amy-dorris

Comment

Well, you know...

https://twitter.com/RVAT2020/status/1306686243422511108

Comment

This seems to be an advance on 2016. I can't recall an equivalent defection back then from Trump to HRC.

OTOH WTF did it take her this long to see whom she was working for?
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-09-2020, 22:53.

Comment

One vote doesn't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                OTOH WTF did it take her this long to see whom she was working for?
                                Exactly. I mean, if you aren't voting for him, good, but these people shouldn't be treated with any sort of gratitude.

Comment

I see along with appointing another fossil fuel cunt as head of the NOAA, Trump is pushing his version of the Hitler Youth.

If he isn't voted out America is utterly fucked, and the rest of us with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                    I see along with appointing another fossil fuel cunt as head of the NOAA, Trump is pushing his version of the Hitler Youth.

If he isn't voted out America is utterly fucked, and the rest of us with it.
                                    I've seen that banded about.

Is this "Federal Bureau of American History" actually inducting pupils into its ranks, or "just" mandating the "appropriate" syllabus?

Comment

Depends on the election result.

Comment

They'd have to find enough qualified people to teach it, given the likelihood of people walking away from the profession in large numbers. I can't believe they could just hand over schools to unqualified fascists, even if the federal level has already been taken over by them.

Comment

It has already happened in the private schools that DeVos and her henchmen are promoting.

In addition to being a general culture war point for the base, this is also a signal to local school boards and textbook commissions on what the dear leader expects of them.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1306953533246242816?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/Mc_Heckin_Duff/status/1307036789073498112?s=20

Comment

Abusing power and putting other peoples' health at risk so you can get a pretty middling burrito, that's the American way

Comment

You're feeling generous towards Chipotle in Atlanta, aren't you?

Comment

https://twitter.com/KeeangaYamahtta/status/1307340803723927553?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                    X