No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am willing to wager a small sum he will find a way to win and then it's pretty much game over.

Comment

He has a habit of coming back from the dead. He's like Jason Voorhees.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
        Is it Trump, or is it the election? The conundrum continues.
        There's an overlap when Trump is specifically posting about the election, but it would make sense to keep it to the election thread and use this one for all other things Trump.

Comment

He's managed to turn what any normal human being of a GOP persuasion (quiet at the back) would use to pay tribute to Herman Cain into another China Virus rant.

He truly lacks anything approaching human sentiments, doesn't he? I am not sure he has ever managed to mention anyone or anything without making it all about him and offering no understanding, sympathy or empathy. I would say I cannot imagine how fucked up his psyche is, but he puts it out there on a consistent basis for all to see.

Cain was a bloody fool, of course.

Comment

"... nobody likes me. It can only be my personality.”

Comment

https://twitter.com/davidalim/status/1289318056976510977

Comment

ITV4 showed ITV's coverage of the 2012 Champions League Final earlier, which I naturally recorded. I've just started to watch it and just before said programme begins there was some sort of, well, I don't know what it was exactly, but there one segment showing Trump doing the draw for the quarter-final stage of the 1992 Rumblelows Cup. Greavsie's doing the home teams and DT the aways.

Greavsie presents him with a Saint and Greavsie mug at the end.

Comment

Had to check it was August, not April 1st.

Comment

What's this "October surprise" business? My money is on arresting Biden.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1290293512861175808

Comment

I don't know why they're bothering, his supporters won't take the vaccine.

Comment

He's now openly extorting Microsoft over their bid for TikTok.

Comment

Trump's started to become rather self-pitying lately, hasn't he.

A short while ago he was whinging about Fauci's popularity and trustworthiness with the public, claiming that the two of them had been saying the same things (which obviously they hadn't) and that the discrepancy in the polls must be down to people not liking his personality.

(Slightly worrying that he thought that their messages were actually the same, though whether he was just lying to the cameras, deluding himself, couldn't actually remember what he'd said or something else, who knows.)

Then yesterday he was banging on about hydroxychloroquine again, claiming that people were only saying that it was ineffective in combating the virus because he thought it did and that if he said it was no good everyone would be promoting it.

He's such a spoilt child.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                              ITV4 showed ITV's coverage of the 2012 Champions League Final earlier, which I naturally recorded. I've just started to watch it and just before said programme begins there was some sort of, well, I don't know what it was exactly, but there one segment showing Trump doing the draw for the quarter-final stage of the 1992 Rumblelows Cup. Greavsie's doing the home teams and DT the aways.

Greavsie presents him with a Saint and Greavsie mug at the end.

"Heh.

You slay me Donnie"

Comment

Comment

Floundering doesn't begin to describe this...

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1290664907772506112"]https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/sta...64907772506112[/URL]

Comment

If one cannot manage to get through the whole thing (very understandably), this is a good summary

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1290705202744565771

Comment

If someone is proven guilty (at least in the US) and President Don disagrees with the verdict, for no doubt sound reasons- after all, he has that 'very big brain' that the Chinese admire so much- am I wrong in thinking that he can just override the judicial system and issue a pardon / commute the sentence? I'm sure he wouldn't actually do so, but just for argument's sake, could he?

Comment

Assuming that it is a federal prosecution (Maxwell has been charged by the Feds, though the large majority of crimes here are governed by state law), the answer is yes. The President's power to pardon or commute the sentence of a federal prisoner is as unrestricted by the Constitution and judicial precedent as power s/he has.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            If one cannot manage to get through the whole thing (very understandably), this is a good summary

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1290705202744565771
                                            Trump's "You can't do that!" when confronted with misreading his own graphs, is pure Nigel Tufnel

Comment

Swan: Lyndon Johnson! He passed the Civil Rights Act.

Trump: Ask, ask: how has it worked out? If you take a look at what Lyndon Johnson did. How has it worked out?

Swan: You think the Civil Rights Act was a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Swan: Lyndon Johnson! He passed the Civil Rights Act.

Trump: Ask, ask: how has it worked out? If you take a look at what Lyndon Johnson did. How has it worked out?

Swan: You think the Civil Rights Act was a mistake?
                                                Trump has a point there. MLK was criticising it (which is what got him killed)

Comment

Well. Not sure that Trump's understanding of matters is in a any way similar to MLK's.

Comment

Bit of comedy gold around the 57:20 mark when Trump thinks that the reporter called one of his actions "impressive," starts to luxuriate in the compliment, is told that the word was actually "unprecedented" and not in a good way and says that they're pretty much both the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BzuOMJxcC4

Then calls TikTok, tic-tac, just a slip of the tongue I suppose but sadly typical of the chump.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X