No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was somewhat shocked in 2016 that he was on a panel with Kayleigh McEnany, but I now realize the whole panel format is absurd.

Comment

Someone I know has spent time in television "green rooms" with her on more than one occasion before Trump was elected.

He describes her as an extremely ambitious theocrat who believes in unlimited executive power, which rings true to me.

I only recently found out that her husband used to pitch for the Mets and the Orioles (and was pitching for the Rays' AAA affiliate in Durham last season).

Comment

So Trump cancelled his appearance throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees game...except he was never actually invited. He was jealous of Fauci throwing out the first pitch at the Nationals game and said the Yankees had asked him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/u...ees-fauci.html

Comment

A very, very Trump story

The man can launch nuclear weapons. Sometimes I wonder hw I can sleep.

Comment

This is some shit McEnany wrote on the death of Scalia, when she was still pretending to support limited government

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/02/scal...couldnt-speak/

Comment

Commissioned by the guy I know, no less

Comment

Trump's forces are pulling out of Portland, after talks between Pence and the Governor. I'm not sure how Trump was talked around and who's leaned on him.

(Of course Trump is simultaneously denying the pullout).
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-07-2020, 22:58.

Comment

Well they're not part of an inexhaustible supply of robocops stashed in a basement somewhere. Presumably they have jobs they're actually employed to do somewhere else.

Comment

There were.reports that the core of the force in Portland came from a SWAT like flying squad that was designed to quell riots at Federal prisons.

Comment

To AdC: And the PR purpose of the stunt has expired, or Trump has got bored and wants to move the conversation on to blacks and housing (as per today's dogwhistle that he's going to facilitate re-segregation).

Comment

George Wallace was more subtle in his Presidential campaigns

Comment

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/status/1288612769743462400?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            George Wallace was more subtle in his Presidential campaigns
                            And Trump has previous for kicking blacks out of their homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              To AdC: And the PR purpose of the stunt has expired, or Trump has got bored and wants to move the conversation on to blacks and housing (as per today's dogwhistle that he's going to facilitate re-segregation).
                              Yeah, that's more likely. He has the attention span of a juvenile gnat which, as far as the rest of the world is concerned, is one of his few virtues.

Comment

The only purpose of sending the stormtroopers to Portland was to generate viral "content" for Fox and fund-raising.

It became much harder to get any new content of that sort when their "adversaries" were predominantly peaceful mothers and veterans.

Given that they have plenty of tape for future use, there is no value in keeping them there.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  There were.reports that the core of the force in Portland came from a SWAT like flying squad that was designed to quell riots at Federal prisons.
                                  How many riots are there in federal prisons? What do they do the rest of the time? (I guess we have a partial answer to that.)

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      How many riots are there in federal prisons? What do they do the rest of the time?
                                      I suppose one answer is what do firefighters do when there are no fires? (I'm not being 100% serious.)

Comment

"NATO fees"?

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/tru...-fees-20200729

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I suppose one answer is what do firefighters do when there are no fires? (I'm not being 100% serious.)
                                          They do a lot of fire safety training

Comment

Trump:

we are supposed to protect Germany from Russia. What's that all about?
                                            Because the alternative is a militarized German state, which was a leading player in two world wars? Has nobody explained post-WW2 US foreign policy to this prick, even at a middle school level of understanding?

Comment

They tried

Comment

BBC Breaking: Trump has called for the election to be delayed, citing postal voting fraud.

What. A. Fucking. Cunt.

Although as I understand it, he needs Congressional approval, so jog on. But it's all about the narrative.

Comment

On the plus side, he's clearly petrified he's going to lose. It's small consolation, but it is some consolation to know he's miserable.

Comment

Is it Trump, or is it the election? The conundrum continues.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X