No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad my mother doesn't have an aquarium. However, she knows what Plaquenil is--it took her eyesight after taking it for a couple of decades for RA.

I feel like I may be repeating myself. I know I told someone else earlier. I'm so tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post

It is getting where these doctors need to flat out, on camera, tell numbnuts he is WRONG, and lecture him why he is WRONG like you would a lying, cheating 8-year old. By sitting in the back, dancing on eggshells to not piss him off is bullshit and will result in more infected people and more deaths.

What is he going to do, fire them? If so, they can hold their heads up high.
      Yeah, totally agree. I quickly lose sympathy for the "adults" who try to humor him. He needs to be carried out of that place kicking and screaming.

Comment

And it never works

Trump Has Given Unusual Leeway to Fauci, but Aides Say He’s Losing His Patience
        Last edited by Bruno; 24-03-2020, 13:08.

Comment

But Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984
          So all during the AIDS epidemic. And he is credible..............

Comment

Idiot Trumper posted this racist shit

[URL]https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1243165660571734017/photo/1[/URL]

Comment

For a majority of his base, the racism is the point.

Comment

This is the photo atop Jessie Jane Duff's Facebook page:

Also this

I think she needs attention.

Comment

At least she no longer has command of a military unit that is armed to the teeth

Comment

In an innovative twist on classic Wag the Dog tactics, the DOJ has just announced an indictment of Nicolas Maduro and key allies for drug trafficking

Comment

https://twitter.com/Robert_E_Kelly/status/1243076499135053824?s=20

Comment

This development was kind of inevitable. For the past month I have thought covid-19 could materially impact voting for the 2020 election based on who it kills.

Comment

He's doing his part

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1243354284961329152

There's a perverse but nonetheless interesting dynamic right now in which some GOP governors and mayors are taking action that is direct opposition to the President's addled "advice", but doing their best not to draw his attention to that fact (lest their incur his wrath and that of the MAGAheads). And Fox are more or less complicit in the nonsense.

Comment

I can't tell if this is going to blow back on Trump, or whether the fact that many Republicans are trying to conceal that they're saying that he's a complete fucking moron is actually going to insulate him.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              He's doing his part

There's a perverse but nonetheless interesting dynamic right now in which some GOP governors and mayors are taking action that is direct opposition to the President's addled "advice", but doing their best not to draw his attention to that fact (lest their incur his wrath and that of the MAGAheads). And Fox are more or less complicit in the nonsense.
                              It's part of his "I don't take any responsibilty for that" stance. He's afraid/convinced he'll fail in dealing with this very real crisis and therefore look bad. He'd rather be there at the end to point fingers at those who tried and — he hopes — failed. Like most bullies and braggarts he's fundamentally a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                He's doing his part

Hannity and Tucker are also attacking New York for being underprepared. No mentions yet that I can see of, say, Florida.

Comment

As wingco posted on his Facebook feed, this is still the "phoney war" stage. When we get to the point where it can no longer be concealed that thousands of people are dying daily through lack of medical supplies and proper distancing, a strategy of blaming China and Obama is not going to cut it.

My own county (Collier) is having a meeting at 1300EST today where a lockdown will almost certainly be agreed, but it's at least 14 days too late to prevent a massive excess of demand over supply for beds and equipment by mid-April at the latest.
                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-03-2020, 14:17.

Comment

Dr Brix was dangerous last night. Saying you don't have the data to support projections of a pandemic is crazy. Of course you don't have the data; they are projections. The bid to play down the need for ventilators (projected) is going to require people to die so she can have the data to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                      Dr Brix was dangerous last night.
                                      I went off her after she left The Fall.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GovWhitmer/status/1243362096118521856?s=20
                                        Last edited by Nefertiti2; 27-03-2020, 15:18.

Comment

Peter Wehner in the Atlantic

...there’s something distinct about this moment, compared with every other moment in the Trump presidency, that could prove to be utterly disorienting and unsettling for the president. Hush-money payments won’t make COVID-19 go away. He cannot distract people from the global pandemic. He can’t wait it out until the next news cycle, because the next news cycle will also be about the pandemic. He can’t easily create another narrative, because he is often sharing the stage with scientists who will not lie on his behalf.

The president will try to blame someone else—but in this case the “someone else” is a virus, not a Mexican immigrant or a reporter with a disability, not a Muslim or a Clinton, not a dead war hero or a family of a fallen soldier, not a special counsel or an NFL player who kneels for the national anthem. He will try to use this crisis to pit one party against the other—but the virus will kill both Republicans and Democrats. He will try to create an alternate story to distract people from an inconvenient truth—but in this case, the public is too afraid, the story is too big, and the carnage will be too great to be distracted from it.

Comment

this is the poor interviewee who was terrorised by a toddler and an infant isn't it?

Comment

Yup

Comment

but the virus will kill both Republicans and Democrats
                                                Typical both sides analysis!

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1243668879114731520[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                  X